Old saying: “Teams are a reflection of their COACH”

WinterSoldier17

You know that old NFL saying that teams are a reflection of their coach? Well, I think that’s especially true with our Bills this year.

For anyone that watched the entirety of the game (and it hasn’t just been this latest debacle), when the camera panned to the sideline and showed McDuck-Nyuck: he looked like he was extremely constipated and trying so, so hard to squeeze out a colossal turd from his puckered up keister.

Put another way… McDermott looks acutely tense, nervous, stiff, fearful, and spooked. The body language and eyes are an awful amalgamation of bewilderment and anxiety.

The last few games his team has come out and played the way he looks with the aura that he projects on the sideline: disjointed, nervous, tense, stiff, timid. I don’t think that it’s just coincidence.

If your “fearless” leader is exuding these vibes on the sideline on national television, it makes for an extremely volatile and strained environment.

McDaffy has lost this locker room. That seems clear as day to me. This clapping baboon needs his walking papers.

What say you?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 8

20 minutes ago, WinterSoldier17 said:

Put another way… McDermott looks acutely tense, nervous, stiff, fearful, and spooked. The body language and eyes are an awful amalgamation of bewilderment and anxiety.

The last few games his team has come out and played the way he looks with the aura that he projects on the sideline: disjointed, nervous, tense, stiff, timid. I don’t think that it’s just coincidence.

If your “fearless” leader is exuding these vibes on the sideline on national television, it makes for an extremely volatile and strained environment.

I was looking at McDimwit throughout the game, particularly at the end with the 12 man penalty and then the second made FG, and it kind of hit me: "Oh wow, I think he realizes he's in trouble."

I don't think he has felt that way before, but he looked like he knows it tonight.

• Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I was looking at McDimwit throughout the game, particularly at the end with the 12 man penalty and then the second made FG, and it kind of hit me: "Oh wow, I think he realizes he's in trouble."

I don't think he has felt that way before, but he looked like he knows it tonight.

For sure, man. His press conference afterward was absolutely brutal.

That really just cemented it: DMW.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Im sorry but this game is on 17. McDermott defense kept the Bills in it like always and once again Josh couldn’t deliver . Better QB play the Bills win this game easily. 

Oh, is it entirely? That’s humorous.

You must have not watched the same game that I did. That same McDonkey defense let a ghost of Russell Wilson drive down the field for a winning FG.

How about consecutive blitzes with the subsequent pass interference to put them in that position for the winning field goal? That’s all on McBlockhead.

• Agree 3

7 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Im sorry but this game is on 17. McDermott defense kept the Bills in it like always and once again Josh couldn’t deliver . Better QB play the Bills win this game easily. 

McDermott can get a job next year somewhere as a defensive coordinator.  He’s fairly competent at that. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, BillMafia716ix said:

I agree in great part , but 12 men on field AFTER THE GUY MISSED AND WE HAD A MIRACLE WIN, IS WORSE THAN 13 SEC AND SORRY, THESE END OF GAME CHOKES ARE AN UNFORGETTABLE MCD SPECIAL.    What mcd win is more memorable than 13 sec, hail Murray, now 12 guys ?  That says it all. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Hawaii50 said:

McDermott can get a job next year somewhere as a defensive coordinator.  He’s fairly competent at that. 

truthfully, he can go and maybe turn around some complete dumpster fire and bring them to respectability. but that's his limit. he's served his purpose here, but his time is up. 

maybe even starting from scratch with another team, he'll learn something along the way and become a more complete head coach. 

Edited by Man with No Name
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

I have been screaming at the TV before the 13 seconds game as coach Cub Scout doesnt have it. He never did. Since his arrival his defense cant close out games. There has been NO improvement on penalties and jobs are handed out to relatives who dont deserve being there. AKA ~ Ken Dorsey. They have also let an idiot who cant get out of his own way, aka ~ Josh Allen pick the Offensive Coordinator. I loved when Brian Dabol screamed at him as Allen is a stupid farm boy with God given talents who continually messes it all up. Same situation as with his women. That boy needs religion and NO national TV commercials. 

Assuming the owner has some sembelence of a brain he needs to protect his top financial investment; Allen. That being said he needs to fire Dorsey who got his job by the Peter Principle who has been outcoached going back almost ten games. then again the word on McDermott throughout the league is that hes a backstabbing bullshitter. Just look at his assistant coaches of distinction. NO ONE.  

McDermott should have been fired at  13 seconds along with the other Mr. Imcompetent. That D he played in 13 seconds looked so bizarre to me it looked as if he was in on fixing the game. 

Edited by waterglass
add
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, WinterSoldier17 said:

You know that old NFL saying that teams are a reflection of their coach? Well, I think that’s especially true with our Bills this year.

For anyone that watched the entirety of the game (and it hasn’t just been this latest debacle), when the camera panned to the sideline and showed McDuck-Nyuck: he looked like he was extremely constipated and trying so, so hard to squeeze out a colossal turd from his puckered up keister.

McDaffy has lost this locker room. That seems clear as day to me. This clapping baboon needs his walking papers.

What say you?

It ain't so. Or rather, sometimes it's so and sometimes it ain't. 

Kids are a reflection of their parents, unless they aren't, which is a lot of the time.

Having said that, there isn't a person on that team or sideline that should be holding their head high. And when a team is consistently poor, the coach absolutely gets his share of the blame. Jeez.

Not buying the bad vibes thing. That's the way he looks when he's tense. Looked much the same when down last year. That's not the problem, but he is absolutely contributing in a large way to the problems.

They could come around. But it looks less likely every week. They just look like a bad team. Everyone is making mistakes.

5 hours ago, Hawaii50 said:

He's not likely to be fired in the offseason, no matter how many folks want it. But if things continue like this it's not completely out of the question, and there will likely be firings further down the chain.

3 hours ago, DrPJax said:

I agree in great part , but 12 men on field AFTER THE GUY MISSED AND WE HAD A MIRACLE WIN, IS WORSE THAN 13 SEC AND SORRY, THESE END OF GAME CHOKES ARE AN UNFORGETTABLE MCD SPECIAL.    What mcd win is more memorable than 13 sec, hail Murray, now 12 guys ?  That says it all. 

Been saying for a couple years now, he's the kind of coach that will do exactly what is required to lose the game. No more, and no less. I don't know why it is but we've seen it way way too many times now.

In a tight game coming down to the final drive, it's usually the better-coached team that prevails. McDermott's batting average in those games is awfully similar to his successful challenge percentage and probably for the same reasons.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Been saying for a couple years now, he's the kind of coach that will do exactly what is required to lose the game. No more, and no less. I don't know why it is but we've seen it way way too many times now.

In a tight game coming down to the final drive, it's usually the better-coached team that prevails. McDermott's batting average in those games is awfully similar to his successful challenge percentage and probably for the same reasons.

It's not the best coached team that wins. It's the team that performs best. That can be because they're coached better, because they've got a better roster, because they get a lucky break, there can be a million reasons, often a bunch of them having an effect at the same time.

The 1995 Cowboys won the Super Bowl, including a number of games that were close near the end. They won a bunch of those games and it wasn't because Barry Switzer was coaching them better than their opponents were being coached.

Edited by Thurman#1

McDermott is a false prophet and needs to stop his Jesus home and family environment as it doesnt work. Seems to me that practice is all about having fun and no work. It obviously shows up on the field. 

Gabe Davis is an interception tracker. In the ist game aginst the Jets he didnt even try to go to the ball. Last night was a repeat. One wonder whther the gove guys were also the same organization who said to fly to London on a Thursday. 

What Buffalo has is a Team Carolina Disaster Triplet. Brandon Bean, Coach and Mr. Dorsey 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, WinterSoldier17 said:

What say you?

I'd say you need a lot more sample size of McDermott than what was on the tube last night to apply your Physiognomy skills.

Blown playoff loss at Houston

Hail Murray 

13 Seconds 

Minnesota disaster 

Embarrassing home loss to Bengals 

Losing to Zach Wilson - twice

Letting Mac Jones come back and beat you

12 Men on the field 

Ruining Josh Allen

We’re done here. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Here is my take on McD 

1.  His in game flaws never have improved they still are there with the poor in game decisions in game management 

2.  He got what he was asking for since he has been here. A basic boring offense. 

3.  Makes every decision in his mind based on what is best for the defense. 

Those and his other flaws are well known. However the team ALWAYS has played disciplined football with him as a coach. They have always came out ready to play for him as a coach. 

Ever since Damar went down something broke that was the turning point. While McD as a person was probably the best person to lead this team through all the tragedy last year off field and on. That also seem to have broken something when Damar went down. 

maybe that something is never going to get reported on but that moment something happened with the influence in the room. 

this team now still has ALL McD flaws (they are still there - like Josh’s). 

BUT

this team is now undisciplined and making very basic mistakes that have not been seen during McD. 

I see a football team tuning out the coaches message at this point. 

that right there is enough to go in my opinion he has lost the locker room and it started when Damar went down to be honest. 

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, BillMafia716ix said:

What we see on the field from players is one cause.  The game-plan, in-game calls, players they select to play/bench and even draft/sign, and a whole host of other reasons impact the final result.

Josh is a part of the problem.  But he ain't the only thing wrong with that team.  This season didn't go off the rails beginning in week 1.  It's been coming.  

Total overhaul of the organizational vision is required.  Not going to happen with this HC and GM. 

• Agree 2

Here is another thing on McD that likely is helping losing the locker room. 

Cook loses the football fighting for extra yards and gets benched. (FINE) 

Gabe Davis runs wrong routes, cannot catch balls in his hands leading to Picks. Invisible for weeks on end - Loses no snaps. 

Phillips makes a bone head dumb penalty - loses no snaps 

von Miller misses tackles - loses no snaps (well only plays what 10). 

PLAYERS see that 

I can’t really put my finger on why but it seems obvious and clear that McD has lost locker room and players don’t believe in scheme, coach, process whatever. Couple of weird observations

1. handshake with Daboll.  Clearly those guys don’t like each other yet our QB and many former players love Daboll and I think Josh says he talks to him every week

2. WR coach leaving after last year to take a lateral job. Just seems odd. 

Things are off and at least getting to point that I remember during drought years where you move into phase of comical acceptance. 12 men on field definitely helped with that. 

next year we definitely need coaching changes as our cap situation won’t allow much roster movement. Ughh. Go Bills. 

Something is amiss internally, I can see/smell it from afar. If McD has lost the locker-room, then it's time to maybe let him go also. All this talent and no leadership, just look at the decisions being made, (the long leash on a hero type QB(reign him in, it's not about Josh). You want a winning culture, then preach nasty, winning football. OC fire was nothing more than a scapegoat taking it in the wahzoo instead of firing McD, who I feel has got to go. Too many warriors giving it their all for a few to throw it all away. Too many times, the check down was open and Mr Heroball wanted to throw into 2-3 man coverage. Some Humble pie is definitely needed or we will lose the ability to attract real players. GM, HC, QB need the owner to light a fire under thier arssssses. I've seen this team lose big games from 1969-present. Same ole crapola, hero's instead of warriors!!!

6 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Blown playoff loss at Houston

Hail Murray 

13 Seconds 

Minnesota disaster 

Embarrassing home loss to Bengals 

Losing to Zach Wilson - twice

Letting Mac Jones come back and beat you

12 Men on the field 

Ruining Josh Allen

We’re done here. 

No fan deserves this, and neither do the players that had to suffer through any of those.

Better coaching likely changes the outcome of every spectacular fail listed above

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BillsVet said:

What we see on the field from players is one cause.  The game-plan, in-game calls, players they select to play/bench and even draft/sign, and a whole host of other reasons impact the final result.

Josh is a part of the problem.  But he ain't the only thing wrong with that team.  This season didn't go off the rails beginning in week 1.  It's been coming.  

Total overhaul of the organizational vision is required.  Not going to happen with this HC and GM. 

That’s where I’m at myself. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.