Harbaugh to Bills (Would it work?)

M. Wrotto

3 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Terry Pegula is too cheap to pay for a quality head coach not even worth talking about because it’s fantasy like a dome stadium ever being built in Buffalo or a playoff Buffalo Sabres team again in Buffalo. Guess who One Buffalo and Hockey Heaven what a con man owner Terry Pegula is sell the teams. It all starts at the top Terry Pegula and he is over the moon with Sean McDermott he won a 4th AFC East championship which meant 2 home playoff games. Terry Pegula is very satisfied because he made ROI and that is all that matters to him in my opinion. Go Bills! Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

I absolutely hate every one of your inane ramblings and I hope you ***** your pants today.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Terry Pegula is too cheap to pay for a quality head coach not even worth talking about because it’s fantasy like a dome stadium ever being built in Buffalo or a playoff Buffalo Sabres team again in Buffalo. Guess who One Buffalo and Hockey Heaven what a con man owner Terry Pegula is sell the teams. It all starts at the top Terry Pegula and he is over the moon with Sean McDermott he won a 4th AFC East championship which meant 2 home playoff games. Terry Pegula is very satisfied because he made ROI and that is all that matters to him in my opinion. Go Bills! Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

You have some of the most interestingly worded posts on this board!  Very consistent in their quality.

9 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Here's the thing. Many of us aren't happy or optimistic he will be back. We are just dealing in the reality that he WILL be back and there's really not anything we can do that changes that.

It's almost like some believe we get to like, take a vote or something. 

Heck no, as many feel like I do--lucky --and happy--that we have one of the top coaches in the NFL and will likely be a championship contender as long as he is here. And win several Super Bowls, if not the 8 Josh predicted!

How many teams in the NFL can say that? 

• Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

You have some of the most interestingly worded posts on this board!  Very consistent in their quality.

Heck no, as many feel like I do--lucky --and happy--that we have one of the top coaches in the NFL and will likely be a championship contender as long as he is here. And win several Super Bowls, if not the 8 Josh predicted!

I don't really see how we're a championship contender with 3 straight Divisional Round exits. With McD we're kind of just a Mid team. 

• Agree 3

12 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Whatever you took to ease the pain from last night I think you took a bit too much.

• Haha (+1) 1

The only chance we had of this was if we missed the playoffs.

In retrospect, McDermott getting this team to make a late season run at it might end up being one step forward, two steps back. 

• Agree 3

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I called for Harbaugh after 13 seconds when I was in Portland. Nice of you all to jump on the bandwagon.

3 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

jim Harbaugh is going to the Chargers. Belichick is going to the Falcons. Those are givens that will be announced tomorrow. 

I highly doubt belichick takes the falcons job.....too much of a talent void roster...and no certain franchise qb...belichick wants a contender with a franchise qb in place who have under performed imo

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Mid team that finished 5th, got it. 

I don't get it...you're flexing "5th" place? Which even that's generous considering 5-8 went the same exact distance. 

But this is the standard for the Pro-McD crowd. I think that's really the difference here. 

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/7/2023 at 8:00 PM, Big Blitz said:

His heart is in Michigan and not sure his drive to win it all will be the same here.  Not saying it won’t but I’m just uncomfortable with it. 

Slowik

Johnson

And I know it sounds crazy - might be time to revisit Bienemy.  

The Commanders O looks better then the Chiefs (sorta) - that is not to say it’s all bc Bienemy left they have Reid for goodness sakes.  I just think it might be something.   

I think he ends up with the Chargers. I think he will be extremely motivated to win a Super Bowl. How many coaches can say they won a Super Bowl and a National Championship. He would be in rare company if he did that.

Edited by Gregg

7 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I don't get it...you're flexing "5th" place? Which even that's generous considering 5-8 went the same exact distance. 

But this is the standard for the Pro-McD crowd. I think that's really the difference here. 

Um, yes. I am damn proud this team pulled it together and finished where they did. 

The standard for the whiny crowd is to cry that everything is awful and downplay every positive. Keyboard temper tantrums, stick fingers in ears and shout ‘NO!’ over and over and over again. 

Congrats, we are both doing our jobs.

(Even though I’ve said multiple times that we need to move on from McD)

On 12/2/2023 at 11:43 AM, LABILLBACKER said:

This year we lead the NFL in penalties.  The previous 6 years we've been one of the 6 worst penalized teams.  How is that discipline?  Harbaugh's not tolerating that type of play.

McDermott has exactly 2 game plans every week. 1) play zone all game, especially in the 4th quarter.  2) Ask Josh to heroically win the game late only to have your zone D blow the game.  That's McDermott's idea of discipline. 

49ers under Harbaugh were top 10 in most penalties 3/4 years and 12th the other year. 

21 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Harbaugh is not coming here. He and Jim Kelly hate each other

Unless Jim Kelly is now an owner of the Bills, or in a top management position, this should have ZERO bearing on the situation.

What matters most is bringing in a top level coach who can get the Bills to the SB, sooner rather than later. I would say that Harbaugh fits the bill perfectly.

2 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Unless Jim Kelly is now an owner of the Bills, or in a top management position, this should have ZERO bearing on the situation.

What matters most is bringing in a top level coach who can get the Bills to the SB, sooner rather than later. I would say that Harbaugh fits the bill perfectly.

I am not saying it matters on the Bills side of things, I am saying it matters to Harbaugh and he likely wont want to come here.

I do agree he would be a good fit

23 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Whatever you took to ease the pain from last night I think you took a bit too much.

The great news for the Bills and their true fans is that the Pegulas and Beane seem to feel the same way--one of the top head coaches and defensive coordinators in the NFL, and he clearly took yet another step forward this year.

He did one of the top coaching jobs in the league this year by almost any standard.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

The great news for the Bills and their true fans is that the Pegulas and Beane seem to feel the same way--one of the top head coaches and defensive coordinators in the NFL, and he clearly took yet another step forward this year.

He did one of the top coaching jobs in the league this year by almost any standard.

One of the reasons we were 6-6 in the first place was because of McDermott and his coaching. We are just in another level of pregatory. Plenty of "true fans" don't want to waste another years where the ceiling isn't the Super Bowl

Edited by uticaclub
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.