Carson Wentz (finally) Signed-Headed to L.A.

BuffaloBillyG

5 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I hope he comes in and lights it up, because I think he is better than about 25% of the quarterbacks playing in the league right now, but for some reason, no one wanted him.

He might be, but he's a real jerk who divides locker rooms and his talent doesn't make up for it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I'm really surprised that he's not going to the Giants. With Daniel Jones out and Tyrod on IR, who backs up DeVito?

Matt Barkley. No, seriously. He's on their practice squad. They are in full tank embrace at this point. With all the injury to their OL, the prizes TE and now Jones....they have no choice.

They are FIRMLY in the Williams/Maye sweepstakes.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFooteball said:

Not that I hold wentz in highest regard but I’ll take this as a win. Wentz is 10x the QB that Wilson is. With that elite defense please keep the QBS away. Can’t believe they are still rolling with Zach 

Me either. He has played better this year (at times) but the fact that Tim Boyle and Trevor Simien are the other options says a lot of the Jets FO

2 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I hope he comes in and lights it up, because I think he is better than about 25% of the quarterbacks playing in the league right now, but for some reason, no one wanted him.

Plain and simple, he’s not better than any of the current starters out there.  He is on par with Darnold, plus he’s a dick.   

2 hours ago, BillsFooteball said:

Not that I hold wentz in highest regard but I’ll take this as a win. Wentz is 10x the QB that Wilson is. With that elite defense please keep the QBS away. Can’t believe they are still rolling with Zach 

I don’t see it as much of an improvement to be honest.  I’m surprised the Jets didn’t find someone to make a deal for at the deadline or  try to resurrect the corpse of Matt Ryan / Flacco.  Bet they are wishing the could have held onto White instead of being handcuffed with Wilson, I bet they would have another 2-3 wins if they had.

3 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Watch the Colts-Jags game week 17 of the 2021 season.  And his play w Washington last year.  That should tell you why.  

It wasn't pretty.  Wentz does have a live arm.  He just doesn't read the field very well.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

It just goes to show how dumb the Jets are.  They have some of the worst QB play in all of football but have made no attempt to improve whatsoever. 

Jets and Giants.  Daboll going with Barkley.  He loves former Buffalo Bills.  Wentz would be a big upgrade over DeVito who can't even throw a pass.

6 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

I'm really surprised that he's not going to the Giants. With Daniel Jones out and Tyrod on IR, who backs up DeVito?

For any Taxi fans out there, Christopher Lloyd or Judd Hirsch.

Seriously, the Giants had so little trust in DeVito in his first game, they just kept running the ball.

It amazes me that several teams have had to play late round or even undrafted rookies with guys like Wentz and EJ Manuel (😀) out there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.