OT…. Daniel Jones torn ACL

78thealltimegreat

45 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

They are 4th in draft position I think.  A new QB isn't the answer until they have a better OL and at least 1 stud WR.

I trade down in the 1st for more picks,and move Barkley for picks as well. 

Barkley is a UFA after the season so they can't really move him.

2 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

They are 4th in draft position I think.  A new QB isn't the answer until they have a better OL and at least 1 stud WR.

They already have Jalin Hyatt. He’s been invisible because they don’t have anyone to throw him the ball.

Their off-season was an epic fail. Jones should have signed for 20 and thanked god for Daboll salvaging his NFL career.  Getting blown out by Philly should have ended any thought of more than a bridge contract. After all they won only 9 games, with everything falling perfectly into place for about 7 of those. Instead Jones held the franchise over a barrel for a near max contract. To add to the mess Schoen allowed himself to get pushed around by someone with no leverage. All the giants needed to do was sign Barkley for 2 years, then franchise jones as the 1 year bridge, and they would have been 30-40 million better off than they are right now. 

I mean they set themselves back big time by re-signing him...he was their Tyrod Taylor(ironic since they also have Taylor)...get them to the playoffs, then dump him, go to your backup for a year(or move up high enough to draft a QB), get a high pick and then pick your QB.  

They tried to short circuit it by re-signing Jones to a ridiculous QB contract based on 15 TD passes.  The Bills plan was there for them to follow and they chose to try and get greedy and not go thru any pain.  Except now they are both going thru pain and they have no way out of the contract for at least another year or two. They are literally nowhere and are in danger of turning into the drought Bills.

Edited by Big Turk

6 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Their off-season was an epic fail. Jones should have signed for 20 and thanked god for Daboll salvaging his NFL career.  Getting blown out by Philly should have ended any thought of more than a bridge contract. After all they won only 9 games, with everything falling perfectly into place for about 7 of those. Instead Jones held the franchise over a barrel for a near max contract. To add to the mess Schoen allowed himself to get pushed around by someone with no leverage. All the giants needed to do was sign Barkley for 2 years, then franchise jones as the 1 year bridge, and they would have been 30-40 million better off than they are right now. 

These moves have meddling ownership written all over them.

16 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

All can be made better by picking the right qb during the draft. If they don't, might be done after three years.

4 hours ago, peterpan said:

Did they just give that bum a massive contract?  Hilarious 

gonna cost them 92 million dollars for... whatever he put up this season.  Maybe he'll start for them next year, but i suspect they'll go QB in the first.  

40 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I mean they set themselves back big time by re-signing him...he was their Tyrod Taylor(ironic since they also have Taylor)...get them to the playoffs, then dump him, go to your backup for a year(or move up high enough to draft a QB), get a high pick and then pick your QB.  

They tried to short circuit it by re-signing Jones to a ridiculous QB contract based on 15 TD passes.  The Bills plan was there for them to follow and they chose to try and get greedy and not go thru any pain.  Except now they are both going thru pain and they have no way out of the contract for at least another year or two. They are literally nowhere and are in danger of turning into the drought Bills.

He IS tyrod taylor... He's athletic, all of his big plays come out of the pocket.  The second things break down he usually looks to run.  He doesn't throw with much touch, and he isn't a tight window guy.  He's not even that athletic tbh - if my QB's best attribute is his running he should run like a 4.4.  

8 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

You ALWAYS get the QB when you have the chance.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

All can be made better by picking the right qb during the draft. If they don't, might be done after three years.

It has been reported that Giants scouts were at the USC / Washington game. They're clearly scouting the QBs, and I have every expectation they'll take one. It's not hard for them to get out of the Jones contract.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I refuse to use the crying emoji. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.