Craziest stat shown last night's broadcast.

Mr. WEO

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Since he entered the league in 2018,  Josh Allen has more turnovers than any other player (91).

That should probably also be accompanied with what percentage of the offense he's expected to provide.  

For example, last night he provided 293 out of 317 total yards, or over 92% of the teams yards.  Our RBs contributed 24 yards on 8 carries.  That's the help and support he's got.  It's pretty close to unimagineable that any QB has provided their team more during that same time period.  

I'm not sure that most QBs would do as well in that situation that he's been in for years now under "The Process."  

It would be nice to see how he plays with proper coaching.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

That should probably also be accompanied with what percentage of the offense he's expected to provide.  

For example, last night he provided 293 out of 317 total yards, or over 92% of the teams yards.  Our RBs contributed 24 yards on 8 carries.  That's the help and support he's got.  It's pretty close to unimagineable that any QB has provided their team more during that same time period.  

I'm not sure that most QBs would do as well in that situation that he's been in for years now under "The Process."  

Yeah but apparently he’s lazy…

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

I think Allen is 3rd this year behind Hurts and Mahomes for percentage of teams total yards.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

Which is why you need to go fast tempo with him. If you get 10 possessions and score on 5 you are fine with a turnover or two. But if your going slow and getting 5 possessions with even one turnover your likely scoring two-three Td's max. Which is what is happening. 

• Like (+1) 6

28 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

not unimaginable. 

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think Allen is 3rd this year behind Hurts and Mahomes for percentage of teams total yards.

I just ran the numbers to date for this season.  Unless I made a mathematical error ... 

Allen 77.8% 

Mahomes 79.6%

Hurts 74.9%  

FWIW 

I was referring to generally speaking over the past say four seasons or so.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

not unimaginable. 

Off the top of your head, which ones do you think have provided more, or there's a good chance that they've provided more?  I'll run the numbers.  

Mahomes maybe, .  To start, it has to be teams with poor running games, and I'm guessing with average or better QBs.  

Edited by PBF81

They show this stat every game and fail to mention he also has the most TDs of any player in the league in that time. He has also been our most productive running back in that span so he'll have more fumbles on his stat sheet than most QBs just on sheer volume.

This year, he has one more interception than Hurts and Mahomes and more TDs than either of them.

Edited by MPT
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

That's the play calling prowess of our OC ( AND HC).

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Off the top of your head, which ones do you think have provided more, or there's a good chance that they've provided more?  I'll run the numbers.  

Mahomes maybe, .  To start, it has to be teams with poor running games, and I'm guessing with average or better QBs.  

Mahomes (as you pointed out), Hurts and throw in Jackson, whos' typically in the 70's or so--the differences are insignificant and therefore it's easily imaginable.

Your premise is faulty--it doesn't have to do with the "Offense he is expected to provide".  Allen's INT% alone is higher than Mahomes, Jackson or Hurts---or Cousins (who accounted for 75% of Vikings yards last year) or....

6 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

How many games has Allen missed over those 5 plus seasons?  FOUR.  So maybe, just maybe Allen has had more snaps then any other player to.

then his INT rate should be as low as any of them.

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

Cool, now show how many touchdowns he has over that time. 

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

And wins. 

that would require 2 new threads

1 hour ago, MPT said:

They show this stat every game and fail to mention he also has the most TDs of any player in the league in that time. He has also been our most productive running back in that span so he'll have more fumbles on his stat sheet than most QBs just on sheer volume.

This year, he has one more interception than Hurts and Mahomes and more TDs than either of them.

Agreed.  I'm in the camp that sides with the fact that the only reason he has to do so much is due to poor overall coaching.  ... without getting into the details of to what extent or why.  

To your point, he's got 3,320 rushing yards over his 86 game career.  Also 44 rushing TDs and another 208 rushing 1st-Downs.  He's averaged nearly 40 rushing YPG during that span.  

That's also more than 1 rushing TD every other game, and 2.4 rushing 1st-Downs per game.  

In contrast, Mahomes in only a few more games, 89, has 1,805 rushing yards, 12 rushing TDs, and another 109 rushing 1st-Downs.  The difference is coaching, and not merely coaching insofar as Mahomes goes, but overall team coaching.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.