Craziest stat shown last night's broadcast.

Mr. WEO

Its okay to throw picks and fumble if you can make up for it. In 2020, 2021, and 2022 he did. This year he's not.  I think some of this might be due to Dorsey's offense,but not all.  He could have dropped a dime on Shakir as opposed to overthrowing him by 5 yards for example. Why can't he throw a good bomb this year?Or pay attention to the snap vs the Jets for another example.

The other guys mentioned that similar # of picks like Mahomes and Hurts are making up for it.

Josh is now in first for picks with Jimmy G, Sam Howell, and Mac Jones. Not good company.

17 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

They mentioned the TD’s . QB’s often have the most fumbles as they touch the ball on every play. You’re correct though. Some see that number and immediately think it means this season too. It doesn’t. He had a lot of fumbles his first few years when he ran constantly. 

He fumbled 13 times last year, the second most in his career.

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Sure, no one is denying that Josh isn't getting the help he needs from his teammates and his coaches.  That's not on topic.

It may not be the direct topic, but it without question has an indirect impact on the situation.  

A ball carrier is a ball carrier, a fumble is a fumble.  Once he takes off, the many reasons prompted him to chose to run don't have any impact on his ability to hold on to the ball.  What you are suggesting makes no sense.

So you're saying that the rate of fumbles among scrambling QBs is the same exact percentage chance or outcome as those from RBs/WRs/TEs that are carrying the ball?  Got any mathematical evidence for that, I'd love to see it and the source.  I haven't been able to find anything from numerous sources.  

Either way, that was my point.  I'd be incredibly surprised if the rates were identical.  

Fields had 33% more carries last year and 31% fewer fumbles.  Fields had 30% more carries but only 18% more fumbles.  Both had a higher "success rate" (at least 40% of the yardage needed on 1st down, 60% needed on 2nd down and 100% needed on 3rd or 4th down) running the ball.  

And how's that compare to RBs for example?  

BTW, Chicago was the worst team in the league last season.  Could at least partially be why whatever Fields did, Fields did.  

There's no such thing as a separate "I'm not getting any help" fumble. 

Again, not my point whatsoever.   I'm interested in the fumble rate data that you're looking at, largely because I couldn't find it.  

And BTW, you do realize that you're arguing staunchly against a generalized "more touches, more fumbles" likelihood, right?  

Edited by PBF81

5 hours ago, PBF81 said:

That should probably also be accompanied with what percentage of the offense he's expected to provide.  

For example, last night he provided 293 out of 317 total yards, or over 92% of the teams yards.  Our RBs contributed 24 yards on 8 carries.  That's the help and support he's got.  It's pretty close to unimagineable that any QB has provided their team more during that same time period.  

I'm not sure that most QBs would do as well in that situation that he's been in for years now under "The Process."  

It would be nice to see how he plays with proper coaching.  

That formula is unsustainable long term.  All this formula will do is shorten Allen career and get the Bills 0  Super Bowl wins. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

It may not be the direct topic, but it without question has an indirect impact on the situation.  

So you're saying that the rate of fumbles among scrambling QBs is the same exact percentage chance or outcome as those from RBs/WRs/TEs that are carrying the ball?  Got any mathematical evidence for that, I'd love to see it and the source.  I haven't been able to find anything from numerous sources.  

Either way, that was my point.  I'd be incredibly surprised if the rates were identical.  

And how's that compare to RBs for example?  

BTW, Chicago was the worst team in the league last season.  Could at least partially be why whatever Fields did, Fields did.  

Again, not my point whatsoever.   I'm interested in the fumble rate data that you're looking at, largely because I couldn't find it.  

And BTW, you do realize that you're arguing staunchly against a generalized "more touches, more fumbles" likelihood, right?  

I just showed you 2 other QBs that had more carries and a lower fumble rate, so, no I'm not sure what you mean here. 

There is no connection between why a QB runs and if he fumbles.  The majority of any QB's runs are not called plays.  

Some QBs/TEs/RBs fumble a lot, some hardly at all--this should be intuitively true.  RBs fumble less than QBs not least because they protect the ball better by training. 

Danny Jones, who played under far more duress last season than Allen did last year AND had far less help than Allen did, had 120 carries to Allen's 124---yet only 6 fumbles to Allen's 13.  Fields played on an even worse Offense, yet he had a lower fumble rate than Allen.  

20 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

That formula is unsustainable long term.  All this formula will do is shorten Allen career and get the Bills 0  Super Bowl wins. 

Of course it is.  That's why leadership (aka coaching) needs to be replaced.  

No one in charge, in applying good management, should have attempted to "sustain" it any longer than absoluely necessary.   Meanwhile, how badly it's screwing with Allen's mind is anyone's guess.  

18 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I just showed you 2 other QBs that had more carries and a lower fumble rate, so, no I'm not sure what you mean here. 

Yes, I realize that.  I'm too tired and don't care enough to explain it further.  No worries, it's really not that important.  

As I like to remind people, myself included, not a shred of anything we say here really matters.  It's all just filling our time.  LOL  

Frankly, if someone at OBD did happen to have their ear to the forum here, they'd probably go nuts in a matter of hours.  :D 

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

He’s also on pace to have a career low in rushing attempts.

If you ask me, I can live with the fumbles if it means Josh is being a dynamic playmaker with his feet. Dunk washing that part in his game has made him a nightmare for defenses. 

Right I don’t necessarily disagree.

But I was responding “Josh used to have a problem with fumbles is first 3 years in the league.”

Those are two very different conversations. 

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Right I don’t necessarily disagree.

But I was responding “Josh used to have a problem with fumbles is first 3 years in the league.”

Those are two very different conversations. 

Id still live with that problem just like I did before if it means this offense becomes something that it used to be 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.