Brandon Beane Media Comments

BuffaloBillyG

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

Settle is a disappointment, I remember Washington fans were very upset that he left.

Phillips is just washed 

Agree on Settle.  Also Poona Ford.

I thought Phillips had been playing better, more disciplined football this season and doing well.  Not playing lights-out like Ed Oliver, but less stat-chasing and more gap integrity.  The reason Phillips wasn't a good run defender during his first stint here was that he was chasing stats and would penetrate and try for a sack at the expense of minding his gap against the run and doing his part to keep the LB's clean.  He seemed to have "straightened up" this year (did it some last year - was one memorable game where Edmunds could be seen/heard chewing him out)

What do you see that says he is washed?

Edited by Beck Water

28 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Medical work is being done on Ndamukong Suh and Matt Ioannidis.

I wonder who would be better between these two guys. 

It's surprising Ioaniddis isn't on a team, I remember Washington thought he was the better Settle, was good enough to start but blocked by Payne and Allen, they were thrilled when they kept him last year. 

5 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Beane never said shut down for the year.  If you actually listen to his PC, he clarified Elam could return in 4 weeks, 5 weeks, etc.  Whenever he's ready/ healthy.

That's if he goes on IR, Beane likely doesn't mention this though unless it's their plan.  Elam did miss practice today.

True, he could come back. I can see the logic, even if the injury isn't significant, since they're currently wasting a roster spot on a guy they have no intention of playing. 

I assume if Elam was on the practice squad it wouldn't be a consideration, but since they added Douglas it stands to reason they want to open up a spot for another possible addition, like a 1Tech that's currently on another team's practice squad. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Franco_92 said:

I wonder who would be better between these two guys. 

It's surprising Ioaniddis isn't on a team, I remember Washington thought he was the better Settle, was good enough to start but blocked by Payne and Allen, they were thrilled when they kept him last year. 

Oh, Gee.  Another DT who "Washington was thrilled" about......*shudder* (thinking of Settle, who Washington fans were apparently upset we signed away)

1 hour ago, balln said:

Classic beane - defending his draft picks poor play. ANY injury is the first go to defense.

Spencer brown back

gabe Davis ankle 

Ed Oliver back 

blah blah blah 

1 hour ago, balln said:

I’m not buying it. McD and the coaches have had plenty of time to mention that….. it’s beanes inarguable excuse

Clearly you formed your ever-so-enlightened and never-endingly-vomited opinion from the few out of context words above and not from Beane's actual comments where he discusses how things haven't yet clicked for him, similar to Douglas and Norman at the beginning of their careers, but he's a hard worker and he's trying to get better... the ankle was hardly the main focus of his discussion of Elam.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, sunshynman said:

Ok. But loss you Defensive QB in Malino, Your best CB in Tre, and the Jones, Anchor of the D, all at the same time. It is more than just losing one!

Guess what none of their backups can replace the talent lost. Would be the same for 95% of the teams out there. I think losing Jones was the biggest hit to the D. And wish we traded for a DT as that is the more important piece to me. But I'm sure Beane tried to. Just couldn't find the deal. Hopefully we can bring in a FA that helps the rotation some. 

White hasn't been our best CB for two years now

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

Other than Suh, what other veteran FA DT's are out there?

Linval Joeseph  - massive
Matt Loannidis  - former panther

Akiem Hicks 
Corey Peters

45 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Medical work is being done on Ndamukong Suh and Matt Ioannidis.

Is it possible we sign both? That would be great 

Maybe Suh to active roster and loannidis to PS ? 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, balln said:

Classic beane - defending his draft picks poor play. ANY injury is the first go to defense.

Spencer brown back

gabe Davis ankle 

Ed Oliver back 

blah blah blah 

This is dome really dumb *****.. Oliver's been great, except when he's been hurt.

I swear some of you just hate the Bills LOL

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Is it possible we sign both?

I was told yes it is possible we sign both.

Presumably (my guess, not from my source) we would put Elam on IR and then cut one of Settle or Ford if we want to add both. Or maybe Ioannidis starts on the PS.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Can't believe Ioannidis is still out there.

I can believe it. 

He is best in a 3-4 defense as a DE, which by virtue of their only being 3 d-linemen, makes the amount of available positions significantly less.  In fact, i'm not sure if has ever even played in a 4-3 (has he?).

It also makes me wonder why we are even looking at him, since we need a 1 tech.

He had practically no market when he was a free agent last season and had to accept a 1 year deal from Carolina.

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I can believe it. 

He is best in a 3-4 defense as a DE, which by virtue of their only being 3 d-linemen, makes the amount of available positions significantly less.  In fact, i'm not sure if has ever even played in a 4-3 (has he?).

It also makes me wonder why we are even looking at him, since we need a 1 tech.

He had practically no market when he was a free agent last season and had to accept a 1 year deal from Carolina.

I thought he played 3-tech for Washington, for a time, and was disruptive.

2 hours ago, balln said:

I’m not buying it. McD and the coaches have had plenty of time to mention that….. it’s beanes inarguable excuse

Yeah they probably put him on the injury report week 7 and 8 just to cover their butts right? They’re just making up injuries, right?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.