Rumors swirling that Elam will be a scratch tonight for Norman. Trade coming?

Roundybout

10 minutes ago, T master said:

There must be some kind of disconnect between Elam & the coaching . This staff  is considered very good at player development and last season in the Miami game people were celebrating how good he was doing only to go to where he is now something is weird . 

I think so too. Especially when you look and see McDermott getting good production from another cb drafted in the same year as him. If Elam played as good as benford, I think we would all be fine with Elam. Benford was a steal

I just believe he is locked into a belief system that our coaching staff cannot get to the other side with.   There has been a loss of trust between all parties, and I will never call into question Elam's work ethic.   It just seems there is no common ground.   From a front-office standpoint, I will definitely not provide a pass here.  Assets were given up for his draft that could have been provisioned elsewhere.   Like OL.   Like CB.  

7 hours ago, BearNorth said:

Of the 39 players drafted after Elam and before Cook, 9 are playing teams only.

PFF ranks 13 2022 draft choices in the top 32 for their position.

Elam is ranked 5th from the bottom of his draft class of those 30 players that are ranked.

On a positive note, at least he is "Ranked"...😁

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Elam for Davante Adams straight up?

Elam for Jameson Williams or Terrace Marshall would probably be more like it.

Swap of early round talents who aren't fitting in where they are but also have 2 years left on their rookie deal(Marshall) or a year and half left before 5th year option has to be decided on(Williams/Elam) would save Beane some face,  initially at least. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Swap of early round talents who aren't fitting in where they are but also have 2 years left on their rookie deal(Marshall) or a year and half left before 5th year option has to be decided on(Williams/Elam) would save Beane some face,  initially at least. 

I would take Jameson Williams

• Like (+1) 1

Elam Has min trade value. Best approach would be to trade him straight up for another draft bust like Jeudy. Change of scenery might help both. Similar to what Bills did years back when they traded Sheppard for Hughes.   Hughes ended up being a beast for the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I would take Jameson Williams in about 2 seconds. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.