Are we now sellers at deadline???

Hebert19

1 hour ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Trade Diggs for 2 first round picks. Fire Dorsey. Tell Sean anything less than AFC Championship game nextvy wr & your done. Rebuild now. This season is over. This offense sucks.

OR

I'm overly emotional about the loss.

I was overly emotional after Jagoffs loss because I was afraid losing Milano and Jones along with White previous week ended our chance of seriously competing for SB this season.  That said, the Bills didn't play a 60 minute game once again, got outcoached again, and looked bad for too long again.  Just terrible football yet again.

11 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

You would have to field a CFL team next year. Diggs and Von alone are 85 million in dead cap. 

I'm not talking about diggs. Von definitely. He needs to ride off into the sunset. He's washed 

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Miller sure even getting back to form he's at the tail end of his career and young guys are becoming solid performers at the position. Knox no, people are prisoners of the moment.

I've seen enough of Knox to know what he is.

13 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Miller sure even getting back to form he's at the tail end of his career and young guys are becoming solid performers at the position. Knox no, people are prisoners of the moment.

Knox is not tradeable due to vast amounts of immediate dead money required to move him.    Whether people are prisoners of the moment is only relevant in a world where he could actually be dealt.     

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Then we are all in fron your perspective.    That's what I'm asking.  Which would you choose. 

All In? How so?

If you're saying All In on being sellers - I refer to my original response to your post.

I see you talking about trading Knox in posts. No one's taking on Knox's contract for what he brings to the table. It's crazy we did. Who wants him with how he's performing? 

If you're saying All In on making trades - we can't afford anything crazy. Something like Levi Wallace or (I hate that I'm even invoking his name) DeAndre Hopkins is doable (costs just over a million). But things like Davante Adams, Derrick Henry, or Saquan Barkley are not feasible.  

2 hours ago, dje85 said:

No way we sell. We are still in the playoff contention. And all the losses we have are in close games where we just had a slow start. My guess they will believe they just need to change the offense a bit and get in a rhythm earlier.

Clearly, getting the defense  a lead with 2 minutes to go is not adequate, so the strategy needs to be to get the defense a 9 point lead with 2 minutes left, or have the ball at the end of the game each week.   This does not seem like a winning formula, but the "fail to shut the door" defense needs that kind of support. 

12 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Then we are all in fron your perspective.    That's what I'm asking.  Which would you choose. 

I think they are more likely to be all-in now than they were at 3-1 with false confidence in their offensive personnel after a couple blowout wins.

A lot of the key players on this roster are older..........so sitting on draft picks isn't necessarily going to fully replenish those losses.    I think they will still be all-in this season and that would require some trade activity.

I think the approach could be to trade earlier picks for players and later picks so that they still have some draft pick numbers........that's a fairly common approach........and then hoping they find guys like Milano and Johnson and Benford with those later choices.

2 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

It's decision time.  Do you think you have what it takes to win it all this year?   Without tre Milano and jones?   If you do then you get josh a weapon as Knox and Davis are trash.  

If you don't.  Then we need to get some cap space and picks.  

Who helps that ?

1.   Poyer?   

2.   Knox?

3.  Sad to say but Dawkins?

4.  Oliver? 

5. Epenesa?

6.  Diggs???   Doubtful I know BUT...

I'm torn to be honest.   I don't think the D has enough to win this year even with josh having another weapon. 

We sell is my guess.  

Should we all buy matching track suits & Nikes, make some punch, and wait for a comet?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.