Are we now sellers at deadline???

Hebert19

43 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Check out this tweet from Channel 4’s Josh Reed:

https://x.com/4joshreed/status/1716620665220907436?s=46&t=8ZEIwokTeanemk54SQ608g

“I can’t believe we are at this point but…
If the Bills don’t win Thursday they may be active at the trade deadline but at 4-4 and with Cincy, Philly, KC, Miami to go, maybe they’re not buyers.”

This is an interesting scenario because we’ve talked a lot of trading for players to “save” the season at the deadline.  But I do t think you do this unless you really believe you have a team that can go all the way.  So if the injured are defense are deemed too much do the Bills run a one-week fire sale for players on expiring contracts like Davis, Epinesa…maybe a Ryan Bates, in an attempt to recoup picks to re-load for next season?

This is why IMO the NFL hasn’t extended the trade deadline a bit later.  They don’t want to give teams the options to do this.

I personally don’t believe the Bills feel that at 4-4, the season is finished.  It wouldn’t be impossible for a playoff spot and I don’t think you sacrifice your chance at playoffs in week 9.  

If this team gets torn down and rebuilt without advancing beyond where they already have, Beane likely won’t be the one in charge of the rebuild.  There’s no way he would be willing to start digging his own grave mid season when they’re still very much alive in the playoff hunt.

Hard to image we would become a buyer of anything if we lose to TB tomorrow night.  With the gauntlet of teams ahead after tomorrow, I can't see one or two players potentially coming to us that would make us any better at this stage.  Should they say "F" it and start selling to build up draft capital and such for a quick rebuild for next year?  Just a thought....

On 10/24/2023 at 7:20 AM, JohnNord said:

Check out this tweet from Channel 4’s Josh Reed:

https://x.com/4joshreed/status/1716620665220907436?s=46&t=8ZEIwokTeanemk54SQ608g

“I can’t believe we are at this point but…
If the Bills don’t win Thursday they may be active at the trade deadline but at 4-4 and with Cincy, Philly, KC, Miami to go, maybe they’re not buyers.”

This is an interesting scenario because we’ve talked a lot of trading for players to “save” the season at the deadline.  But I do t think you do this unless you really believe you have a team that can go all the way.  So if the injured are defense are deemed too much do the Bills run a one-week fire sale for players on expiring contracts like Davis, Epinesa…maybe a Ryan Bates, in an attempt to recoup picks to re-load for next season?

This is why IMO the NFL hasn’t extended the trade deadline a bit later.  They don’t want to give teams the options to do this.

I personally don’t believe the Bills feel that at 4-4, the season is finished.  It wouldn’t be impossible for a playoff spot and I don’t think you sacrifice your chance at playoffs in week 9.  

If the Bills lose tomorrow night, I'd understand not being buyers.  They probably stand pat and hope they can fix things internally. 

They won't become sellers.  That's absurd for people to suggest. 

You don't sell if you're in the mix with an elite QB. 

Are the Bengals going to sell if they lose to the 49ers on Sunday?  Of course not. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.