Bills @ Patriots Post game thread

BuffaloBill

Lost

That’s what this team is. Completely lost

It’s going to go 1 of 2 ways. 1 - The wheels blow off, we miss the playoffs and we blow it up and start again

2 - We get a Tampa moment, things click and the offense becomes a jaggernaut in the second half of the season into the playoffs

2 more points - Josh is not seeing the field well. IDK why, maybe it’s the 50% pressure rate but he’s regressed in his field perception. His A/C joint obviously affected his accuracy today but that’s not an excuse and I think he’ll work through it.

That flag that was picked up on the screen was the correct call. The pass was behind the line of scrimmage which negates the illegal man down field.

Of course, fire Dorsey into the sun and how do we allow McCorkle to march down the field in under 2 minutes. This game is the first time I’ve started to question whether McD is the right guy and I LOVE what he’s done for this team and city.

I’ve been drinking bourbon since the second quarter

Edited by RunTheBall
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

He would be fired if it was me.  Enoughbis enough.  The best years were major playoff blunders by..the coaches

100%… I’m as optimistic as the ultra homers for the most part, but this needs big time change.

what they’ve done to this offense is unforgivable.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Wyo, so you suggest continuing on with what we have been doing for years?  

I’d suggest you take a breath and see exactly what a change at this time will really bring. The old adage “be careful what you wish for” comes to mind. It’s looked bad for this regime before. Certainly something needs to change, be addressed. Scraping the staff 6 games in…I don’t think is the Answer. 

1 minute ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

I’d suggest you take a breath and see exactly what a change at this time will really bring. The old adage “be careful what you wish for” comes to mind. It’s looked bad for this regime before. Certainly something needs to change, be addressed. Scraping the staff 6 games in…I don’t think is the Answer. 

Maybe not, a bit of an over exaggeration.  But I do indeed think a change needs to be made, somewhere, soon

• Like (+1) 1

Just insanely frustrating that the Bills let this be a game and then when they got the big turnover and cashed it in for a TD to take the lead they give up a TD on a rather easy TD drive. 

They spotted the Pats 10 points and then by the time they recovered the Pats had the ball and made the big plays to take the lead late.

Not all bad news this game. No injuries from what I saw and Kincaid really got going and Shakir produced well with more snaps and targets. 

The defense let up late and the offense got off to a slow start. The Special teams unit also didn’t have its best game with Bass missing a key kick and a sizable punt return contributed to a loss. 

The season isn’t over but Thursday could be the difference in the season.

1 minute ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Maybe not, a bit of an over exaggeration.  But I do indeed think a change needs to be made, somewhere, soon

I think a loss is better for this team at this point. There is no excuses for today and if we pulled out an ugly win no one would care. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

6 first half points against two of the worst teams in football with one of the top elite QB's in the game.

At some point we're just gonna have to admit Dorsey wasn't ready for this gig. It happens, but if we don't make a change before it's too late we'll just be squandering more of Josh's prime years.

The problem is deeper then Dorsey, much deeper.  Bean & McD draft the talent and sign the free agents.  And except for drafting Allen and signing Diggs they have whiffed on way to many offensive picks/FA signings while allotting the lions share of resources to the defense. A defense that has repeatedly let the Bills down at crunch time.

Today may not have been on the same platform as a divisional playoff game but it was an important game against a Division opponent who happened to have the worst offense in the NFL and the Bills allowed them to go 75 yards for a game winning TD as time ran out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Because only a moron with zero football knowledge would blame Allen for this game. 

He wasn't that good in this game. He missed Diggs on a wide open TD, had several poor throws with good protection, and threw a terrible int to give the Pats momentum. The offense sucked for most of the game. 

He bought the team back, Made some nice throws, and eluded their pass rushers numerous times. 

It was mixed bag. 

What not mixed is Allen and his talent is being wasted year after year. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

The Bills beat themselves today, plain and simple. If just half of the unforced errors didn't happen, it would have been a very different game. I expected the defense to backslide with all the injuries, and they certainly weren't great - but to my eyes, it was the drops, penalties, and missed throws (with good protection) - that ultimately made the difference. 

• Disagree 1

The Bills are a team with-

1. a mediocre defense (injuries and coaching)

2. a mediocre run game

3. mediocre coaching

4. a very high-variance QB

A recipe for a maddeningly unpredictable team.  They can beat anyone, lose to anyone, and probably end the season a game or two over .500

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.