Cook’s Open

Riverboat Ritchie

17 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Josh can do no wrong. It’s all Dorsey. 

(though Dorsey does have his frustrating faults and I wouldn’t mind if the playcalling was handed over to Joe Brady)

I wonder if Mahommes gets this type of treatment on the KC forums?

1 hour ago, Comebackkid said:

Love Josh,  but if he has a fatal flaw it's not just taking an open guy when it's there.  So many times he passes a wide open receiver  looking for something else only to find now nothing is open

It's easy to say as an arm chair qb (no offense intended)  but when going through progressions, they're aren't open when you look at them.

34 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Don't know if you're being facetious or not, but his focus seems to be off. Again, I'm not putting the blame solely on Josh, because Dorsey has more than his share too

Are you honestly blaming Allen even in the slightest. Admittedly I wasn't able to watch the first half but he played a fantastic second half. He was very good in the Jags game as well. I have appreciated his maturation and I think the turning point of his career was the Jets game. He is now patient and even under heavy duress, does not play hero ball. My love for Allen has taken a big step up after the Jets game. If he had more reliable weapons and not serial droppers like Davis and Knox, there isn't a QB in the league who would be close to him

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Comebackkid said:

Love Josh,  but if he has a fatal flaw it's not just taking an open guy when it's there.  So many times he passes a wide open receiver  looking for something else only to find now nothing is open

In the Jet’s game that was true. Since then he’s been excellent at taking who’s open quick, and that’s almost always and only Diggs. Let’s wait until the All-22 comes out but from the TV angles I didn’t see many guys open at all. A huge part of that is Dorsey’s crap play calling, another part is we have a bunch of JAGs including Davis outside of Diggs.

Edited by RunTheBall
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Are you honestly blaming Allen even in the slightest. Admittedly I wasn't able to watch the first half but he played a fantastic second half. He was very good in the Jags game as well. I have appreciated his maturation and I think the turning point of his career was the Jets game. He is now patient and even under heavy duress, does not play hero ball. My love for Allen has taken a big step up after the Jets game. If he had more reliable weapons and not serial droppers like Davis and Knox, there isn't a QB in the league who would be close to him

Some of the blame I do put on Josh. As I stated earlier, against stronger opposition we won't win if we start off as slow as we have, despite our defense playing as good as it is with some key injuries. Are you honestly saying that our offensive woes are specifically all on Dorsey? Where's the Josh that b slapped the Dolphins during the last 2 weeks? Now in no way am I letting Dorsey off the hook here. Shotgun formation on the 1 yard line is about as boneheaded as it gets

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

It's extremely frustrating. The major selling point of Cook when we Drafted him was his Receiving ability. Beane emphasized getting RB's who could be a passing threat out of the backfield. Trading for Hines and Drafting him.

Thus far, Dorsey has done f-ck all with screens and getting Cook the ball in space via reception. He utilizes the screen game even less than the average offense.

I wonder what Beane's thoughts are on that since he talked up and went out of his way to get RB's specifically to do something Dorsey isn't utilizing even a little bit.

Allen also has to throw him the ball. 

There was a play on the sideline.  Cook was wide open.   Allen looks him off and ends up having to chuck it recklessly before he gets hit.  Would’ve been a first down. 

Cook flowed perfectly on that scramble drill. Would’ve been a TD.  

Cook smoked his man in the Jets game for a TD.  Allen underthrew it. 

• Like (+1) 2

Let me get this straight...the buffalobills released a punter for something he didn't do an the bills released him because he would be a distraction right right ....so why the ***** is diggs still with the bills hell he is being a distraction to the team by crying he not h getting the ball enough on the sidelines locker room an meetings 

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

No, but it didnt need to be that bad. If there was a bad break to be had - we had it. Part of the issue was I didnt even understand what it is you were saying, but its just so easy to blame the QB or OC. There may be problems here, but we dont win a qtr of the games we do without josh - who is only to blame for making so many people jaded.

Exactly dude this thread is proof Josh has so spoiled this fanbase that when he goes an entire half without an incompletion they are complaining he’s throwing to the wrong people. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Billsfan777 said:

Let me get this straight...the buffalobills released a punter for something he didn't do an the bills released him because he would be a distraction right right ....so why the ***** is diggs still with the bills hell he is being a distraction to the team by crying he not h getting the ball enough on the sidelines locker room an meetings 

You're comparing someone who had been accused of rape with a player getting emotional with issues on a football field?

7 hours ago, Billsfan777 said:

Do me a favor, next time when you’re thinking of making a post, unplug the keyboard beforehand. Thanks in advance. 

9 hours ago, Wizard said:

Seriously...the Bills have one offensive play. Go to Diggs. Cook ran well, but everyone else is either a JAG, overpaid, under utilized, or not a fit.

You’re forgetting the run up the middle from shotgun, they used that for the other half of the plays. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.