Oct. 12, TNF, Denver at KC

Ridgewaycynic2013

14 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I wanna grow a Fitzmagic beard.  I'll be 50 next month though and have no clue how to take care of a beard.  Always kept around the 5'oclock shadow or scruffy look.

Just let it go until people start giving you change

Then you'll know you have the look

• Haha (+1) 5

12 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

and apparently people will say he played perfect in games where he played at best exceedingly average.

I would only ask if Mahomes' goal is to look good or to win the game? Who cares if he looks good? If it's a win, it's close enough to perfect.

His mindset is probably that all his Super Bowl rings look good on his hand . . . If he doesn't play hero ball, if he doesn't try to pad for fantasy football stats, Chiefs are probably gonna have home-field advantage again.

From that POV, Mahomes is close enough to being perfect in this game.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

I would only ask if Mahomes' goal is to look good or to win the game? Who cares if he looks good? If it's a win, it's close enough to perfect.

His mindset is probably that all his Super Bowl rings look good on his hand . . . If he doesn't play hero ball, if he doesn't try to pad for fantasy football stats, Chiefs are probably gonna have home-field advantage again.

From that POV, Mahomes is close enough to being perfect in this game.

Right if it's a win might as well just call it perfect, guess if they just lose by 1 that means he'd have been almost perfect? 😭

Just now, Warcodered said:

Right if it's a win might as well just call it perfect, guess if they just lose by 1 that means he'd have been almost perfect? 😭

I see your point, but I just feel like he's playing strategically. Game is too brutal to put the pedal to the metal for 17 weeks. If you can play it safe, and eat some bad plays, you're gonna still win . . . then that's the best long term strategy. Better than going balls to the walls with hair on fire every series . . . 

• Agree 1

1st time I've felt pretty confident about facing Mahomes & that O.

So, of course, their D is lights out now. They've done a good job building there. Great pass rush, and McDuffie looked really good, which made me a little envious looking back on that draft.

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Success said:

1st time I've felt pretty confident about facing Mahomes & that O.

So, of course, their D is lights out now. They've done a good job building there. Great pass rush, and McDuffie looked really good, which made me a little envious looking back on that draft.

Just got back from the game.  That’s the best Chiefs team I’ve ever seen.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

I dont hate Miami.  Just their fans.  Not all of them because obviously they have some normal fans but there were a lot this week laughing at our injuries and wishing them (like Milano) ill will.  Thats just disgusting.

We would all yell stop playing hero ball! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

I dont hate Miami.  Just their fans.  Not all of them because obviously they have some normal fans but there were a lot this week laughing at our injuries and wishing them (like Milano) ill will.  Thats just disgusting.

What fans?  Every time I watch a Bills game from Miami there are more Bills fans in the stadium.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

KC now 2 wins ahead of Buffalo and 1 lose less. What is that 1.5 or 2 games?

I'm not even thinking number one seed for Buffalo. There's a good chance they don't even win their division. 

I think they are a wild card team. Remember they still have KC, Philly, Cinci, LA Chargers, and Miami all away. Throw in the Cowboys too. Brutal schedule. 

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Has a single NFL game this year been fun to watch for a neutral fan? Only one that comes to mind is Dolphins/Chargers.

It was a day game but the Vikings/Chargers game where we got to witness the full Kirk Cousins experience was fun to watch. 

Edited by Doc Brown

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.