Oct. 12, TNF, Denver at KC

Ridgewaycynic2013

We wont catch the Chiefs now unless Mahomes get injured. The best I think we can hope for is that the Chiefs get complacent and lose to us or another team in the playoffs. They know how to win but 2 SBs might have sated their drive. They dont seem as focused as the Pats dynasty (or so I hope). Still amazes me how easily Kelsey gets open and how teams cannot neutralize Mahomes when they have to (or at all). The Broncos did a decent job in that game but their offense was woeful. Wilson is a shadow of his former self. Old, slow and his decision making is terrible at times. Seeing Brady and  Brees play so well into their late 30s has ruined people's ideas of the normal deterioration of an NFL Qb's skills. What we are seeing now with Wilson was the norm with NFL Qbs in the their mid 30s until they changed the paradigm.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Livinginthepast said:

We wont catch the Chiefs now unless Mahomes get injured. The best I think we can hope for is that the Chiefs get complacent and lose to us or another team in the playoffs. They know how to win but 2 SBs might have sated their drive. They dont seem as focused as the Pats dynasty (or so I hope). Still amazes me how easily Kelsey gets open and how teams cannot neutralize Mahomes when they have to (or at all). The Broncos did a decent job in that game but their offense was woeful. Wilson is a shadow of his former self. Old, slow and his decision making is terrible at times. Seeing Brady and  Brees play so well into their late 30s has ruined people's ideas of the normal deterioration of an NFL Qb's skills. What we are seeing now with Wilson was the norm with NFL Qbs in the their mid 30s until they changed the paradigm.

The Chiefs were always winning a lot in this stretch.  The hard part of their schedule is later in the season.

We can keep pace.  The head-to-head will be pretty crucial in terms of playoff seeding.

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The chiefs might have their most balanced team since Mahomes has been there. It’s not on him to carry them every game. They lack explosion though.  Won’t be shocked if they make a big move for a receiver because minus maybe Rice, it’s a group that doesn’t scare anyone. 

the andy reid offense takes forever to learn. even their second year players like toney and moore still seem incredibly lost. i don't think the chiefs will find any receiver who can make a major impact. maybe as a package player, but not an every down wide receiver. 

30 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

Not impressed with KC - at all…

They're struggling to beat some of the worst teams in the league.

At this point, maybe it doesn't mean much.  They've won a couple of titles, and might be in a mode of just starting slow, working out the kinks, etc., before they kick into a higher gear later in the season.

But they're not passing the eye test for me. I went into the season thinking that WR corps would be an achilles heel for them, and that seems to be the case.  Not sure if they can overcome that without an acquisition by the deadline

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

If you zoom in you can see the Broncos have an audible call of "Flutie". 

It's in the 2 minute section.  That must be the run around and buy time, moonball prayer 60 yard game winning miracle TD play.

16 minutes ago, Success said:

They're struggling to beat some of the worst teams in the league.

At this point, maybe it doesn't mean much.  They've won a couple of titles, and might be in a mode of just starting slow, working out the kinks, etc., before they kick into a higher gear later in the season.

But they're not passing the eye test for me. I went into the season thinking that WR corps would be an achilles heel for them, and that seems to be the case.  Not sure if they can overcome that without an acquisition by the deadline

Some people will say they are just playing down to their opponents but I don't buy that.  They aren't the power house of years past.  At least not so far this season. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Some people will say they are just playing down to their opponents but I don't buy that.  They aren't the power house of years past.  At least not so far this season. 

They weren’t a powerhouse last season either. Especially during the regular season when they lost to Indy of all people. Also Houston and Tenn (with a backup qb) took them to OT. Raiders also almost beat them (lost by 1pt). The point is this isn’t new with KC during the regular season. They do enough to secure wins and set themselves up for the playoffs. I’ve seen this movie too many times. For all their ‘struggles’ thus far they’re still leading the conference. Man they’re just a resilient team. Are they unbeatable? Hello no. But it won’t be easy…especially in the playoffs. 

• Agree 4

3 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

They weren’t a powerhouse last season either. Especially during the regular season when they lost to Indy of all people. Also Houston and Tenn (with a backup qb) took them to OT. Raiders also almost beat them (lost by 1pt). The point is this isn’t new with KC during the regular season. They do enough to secure wins and set themselves up for the playoffs. I’ve seen this movie too many times. For all their ‘struggles’ thus far they’re still leading the conference. Man they’re just a resilient team. Are they unbeatable? Hello no. But it won’t be easy…especially in the playoffs. 

Yup.  Do they look great? No, not at all.  But they did this last year and won the Super Bowl.  

How did they win a Super Bowl?…again..

Did enough to get the 1 seed and we’re able to go BYE, Jax @ home, beat up Bengals @ home, Super Bowl. 

But please, let’s all talk about how the 1 seed doesn’t matter and we just need to get hot at the right time.  

For all the talk about their offense, I’m sorry.. am I supposed to feel better that we boat raced 3 teams and then our offense lost us 2 games on their own?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yup.  Do they look great? No, not at all.  But they did this last year and won the Super Bowl.  

Did enough to get the 1 seed and we’re able to go BYE, Jax @ home, beat up Bengals @ home, Super Bowl. 

But please, let’s all talk about how the 1 seed doesn’t matter and we just need to get hot at the right time.  

For all the talk about their offense, I’m sorry.. am I supposed to feel better that we boat raced 3 teams and then our offense lost us 2 games on their own?

The 1 seed definitely matters.  Its one less game.  All at home.  Its an extra week of rest.  People that think it doesn't matter are delusional. Doesn't guarantee a win but it's a huge advantage.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Our offense is better than the Chiefs rn

Imo the difference is they're 2-1 scoring 20 or fewer points and we are 0-2

5 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

We just need the Chiefs to lose another game and beat them ourselves in our matchup to gain the tie breaker. I for one think it's doable. As I would hope that the Chargers can get past them for once and think they can with a healthy Ekeler. 

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

We just need the Chiefs to lose another game and beat them ourselves in our matchup to gain the tie breaker. I for one think it's doable. As I would hope that the Chargers can get past them for once and think they can with a healthy Ekeler. 

We do not need them to lose another game. We just need to match their pace and then beat them

9 hours ago, 90sBills said:

It’s amazing that people still don’t get this.  I just assume they grew up watching Scooby Doo and were always surprised when it turned out that the ghost was just a guy in a mask.

Maybe it didn’t translate to television, but watching that game in person, it was men against boys.  The Chiefs could have throttled Denver if they had a reason to.  They were toying with the Broncos throwing laterals, faking a FG, having Kadarius Toney take multiple snaps and throw a pass.  These teams play again in 2 weeks.  Andy Reid wasn’t about to put any more on tape than he had to.  That’s not how he works.  

He’s not afraid to let his young players take some lumps early in the season to prepare them to peak in the postseason.  He’s willing to tinker around with things and see what he’s got.  The WRs are a weakness right now, but Rice looks legit and there’s no doubt that Mahomes will get the offense running at a high level by the end of the season.  This is the most talented Chiefs team I’ve ever seen.

Edited by Billl

2 hours ago, Billl said:

It’s amazing that people still don’t get this.  I just assume they grew up watching Scooby Doo and were always surprised when it turned out that the ghost was just a guy in a mask.

Maybe it didn’t translate to television, but watching that game in person, it was men against boys.  The Chiefs could have throttled Denver if they had a reason to.  They were toying with the Broncos throwing laterals, faking a FG, having Kadarius Toney take multiple snaps and throw a pass.  These teams play again in 2 weeks.  Andy Reid wasn’t about to put any more on tape than he had to.  That’s not how he works.  

He’s not afraid to let his young players take some lumps early in the season to prepare them to peak in the postseason.  He’s willing to tinker around with things and see what he’s got.  The WRs are a weakness right now, but Rice looks legit and there’s no doubt that Mahomes will get the offense running at a high level by the end of the season.  This is the most talented Chiefs team I’ve ever seen.

Nah

2 hours ago, Billl said:

Respect your opinion but it's certainly not the best Chiefs team I've seen

And if you're willing to say reid toys with people early in the year... So does Josh Allen and McDermott... The team doesn't show up the same for a random matchup as it does a big time game... And we still win the majority... 13-3 last year ... Our team also plays with their food a good amount 

They aren't always dialed in for 60 minutes 

Edited by Buffalo716

18 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

It's in the 2 minute section.  That must be the run around and buy time, moonball prayer 60 yard game winning miracle TD play.

They will always be a “powerhouse” like the patriots were in down years with brady

BUT they are beatable this year and I’d be surprised if they keep this current roster together - if they make the Super Bowl this year 

someone hopefully us - will knock them off in January 

On 10/13/2023 at 7:51 AM, newcam2012 said:

I'm not even thinking number one seed for Buffalo. There's a good chance they don't even win their division. 

I think they are a wild card team. Remember they still have KC, Philly, Cinci, LA Chargers, and Miami all away. Throw in the Cowboys too. Brutal schedule. 

I am pretty sure we will win at least 3 of those 5 games. We are too good not to.

The one I am most sure about is Chiefs one. And if we somehow lose that even better - that will make our AFCCG win at Arrowhead even easier.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.