McDermott Hot Seat?

Mark92

14 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't expect the Bills to make the Superbowl this year. But I don't think that is because of coaching.

I might revise this after that. Dorsey was atrocious first half and McDermott's time management at the end and the decision to go FG was awful.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I might revise this after that. Dorsey was atrocious first half and McDermott's time management at the end and the decision to go FG was awful.

If you were going to go for the field goal, the third down was a 100% run play call then. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chugga said:

McDermott is coaching his ass off for this hobbled injury plagued defense.  Dorsey’s seat should be so hot I don’t know how he can sit

I agree with that. But his time management and decision making as HC was bad.

Just now, Chaos said:

If you were going to go for the field goal, the third down was a 100% run play call then. 

Yep. Once Josh threw they should have punted IMO.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

His clock management in the final 2 minutes was just awful. Run it three times and kick off. Why would you put faith in the playcaller and the offensive weapons to execute a pass play?

trying the long FG instead of pinning the Giants deep was unconscionable, as well.  Someone check this guy’s bank account…

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree with that. But his time management and decision making as HC was bad.

Yep. Once Josh threw they should have punted IMO.

Agreed.  In big moments we need to have a game plan and I don’t think we had one on our last drive.  If you’re going for the FG then run it 3 times.  If you’re going for the win then let Josh loose.  But playing some weird middle ground gave the giants a short field and a time out.  It’s one or the other they don’t get both.

• Like (+1) 1

McD has poured all his energy into the defense with Frazier gone, and for the most part it's been great. Losing Daquon and Milano is devastating.

The problem is Dorsey isn't good enough to have this much control. Our plan to ball control and win the clock is blowing up in our face. We're overreliant on Diggs, and it makes us predictable. We're not scaring anyone with our run game. The 11.5 personnel has flopped to date. 

We need all hands on deck to decide if it makes sense to stick with the current plan. I don't see how this is going to work against anyone in Jan.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

His clock management in the final 2 minutes was just awful. Run it three times and punt. Why would you put faith in the playcaller and the offensive weapons to execute a pass play?

If he would have done as you say, (I was shouting not to do this) and the Giants won, you'd be saying he's an idiot for not giving Josh freaking Allen a shot to put the game away. Or someone else would. Thousand different opinions and ways to critique, but in the end a win is a win. Just like the Chiefs near loss to the Texans last year. Just like the Dolphins near loss to the Pats this year. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.