Elite Slot WR Kincaid.

FireChans

46 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

My mistake I thought I heard last game Shakir had more targets than Kincaid. Sherfield should be playing over Shakir

The draft in 2022 and 2023 didn’t fall great for the Bills in terms of WR outside of Pickens. 

Traded up for Kincaid though. 

54 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

The book on him is to just bang him around a lot and he’ll be a non-factor.  The staff will add 25 pounds to his frame over the next 3 years. Unfortunately, there will be no way he can emerge as a top 2 receiving option until that time, at the earliest. 

Do we want that?

Wouldn’t the most straight forward path be a better player than Gabe Davis?

On 10/8/2023 at 1:56 PM, SCBills said:

It’s fair to question the Kincaid selection. 

Were 5 games in.  Nobody has any idea what the plan is with 12 personnel.  

We bludgeoned 3 mediocre/bad defenses and looked like a JV offense against the two defenses that can stuff the run… which is something 12 personnel is supposed to unlock. 

He was a first round pick as a weapon on a team without a defined #2.  

Long season.  Still time for that role to develop.   But so far, this team is apparently a “finesse” 12 personnel offense.  That’s not gonna fly when it matters. 

I don't think anyone is questioning the pick, it's how he is being used.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, FireChans said:

LMAO. No wonder the Dolphins lost. Double teaming a guy with 100 yards on the season. What a defensive gameplan

I’m really struggling with this whole play:

At first glance it’s kind of clear what Dorsey is trying to do. They’ve got the strength of the formation to the boundary, and trying to use the width of the field to open things up. Allen’s big arm has no problem throwing from the far hash to the sideline. 

So why doesn’t he take Sherfield right off the bat? Was he waiting for Kincaid to open up? Eyeing up the vertical. Obviously we don’t know his read or his key on this play, but it seems like they got a look they wanted (vertical route held off the S covering #2) but Allen doesn’t take it. 

Interestingly enough, I feel like the design is there, but maybe this one was just run into a poor coverage option for what they’re trying to do. After all, they had 3 guys release into 6 men covering. 

I don’t think this is nearly as much of a respect for thing for Kincaid from the Dolphins as it is that they were just in a good coverage, the LBs disrupt his route, and the robber jumps the over essentially taking 86 out of it. 

All very puzzling to me. Wish I could be a fly on the wall when they’re breaking this down. 

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I've seen plays that he is open for big gains and Josh isn't taking it. I think it was cover 1 that posted a bunch of them on twitter.  Hard to do anything if the QB isn't throwing you the ball.

Has he run a route past 10 yards? 

2 hours ago, Buckets said:

I don't think anyone is questioning the pick, it's how he is being used.

Took the words right out of my mouth. 

25 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Yes he has. In fact one of Davis big catches downfield, Kincaid cleared out and took two defenders deep with him.

I would sure like to see Josh there him some deeper seam throws. I think it would open up the offense. I'm thinking we will see it pretty soon. Hopefully, by playoff time it will be a real weapon. 

5 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

My thought would be, you don't hire a jv coordinator when you have superbowl asperations 

I'm available for a modest price. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I would sure like to see Josh there him some deeper seam throws. I think it would open up the offense. I'm thinking we will see it pretty soon. Hopefully, by playoff time it will be a real weapon. 

I'm available for a modest price. 

I'd have to see references

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/11/2023 at 9:01 AM, Straight Hucklebuck said:

That’s why I put out there exactly what I said.

I don’t hide if I’m wrong. 

Mayer looked like a balanced, old school Tight End with 3 consistent years of production at a large school.

And yes, Kincaid so far, hasn’t shown one example of high end athleticism on his 17 catches. He catches the ball and generally falls down. 

Hard to do when it’s all dump offs, but does anyone have faith that Dorsey will start motioning Kincaid, put him in the backfield, line him up outside? It’s a first round pick that they’re content to sit underneath and catch dump offs and Dorsey calls it “growing” when he talks to the media. 

I call BS on this one. Kincaid has been slippery each time he’s had the ball in his hand, it’s his speciality. YAC. Plus he hasn’t dropped a ball from what I recall (I’m a poet and didn’t know it.) Dorsey needs to draw up more plays. He’s really not using him right or at all for that matter. And as far as measurables…they aren’t everything. Kincaid is just a natural football player that thrives on instincts and having a feel for the coverage. 

On 10/11/2023 at 7:27 PM, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I’m really struggling with this whole play:

At first glance it’s kind of clear what Dorsey is trying to do. They’ve got the strength of the formation to the boundary, and trying to use the width of the field to open things up. Allen’s big arm has no problem throwing from the far hash to the sideline. 

So why doesn’t he take Sherfield right off the bat? Was he waiting for Kincaid to open up? Eyeing up the vertical. Obviously we don’t know his read or his key on this play, but it seems like they got a look they wanted (vertical route held off the S covering #2) but Allen doesn’t take it. 

Interestingly enough, I feel like the design is there, but maybe this one was just run into a poor coverage option for what they’re trying to do. After all, they had 3 guys release into 6 men covering. 

I don’t think this is nearly as much of a respect for thing for Kincaid from the Dolphins as it is that they were just in a good coverage, the LBs disrupt his route, and the robber jumps the over essentially taking 86 out of it. 

All very puzzling to me. Wish I could be a fly on the wall when they’re breaking this down. 

It's play action. They're showing Stretch action to pull the linebackers to the boundary and then throw it to Kincaid working the opposite direction. Every team in the league runs this concept. The dolphins aren't intentionally doubling Kincaid here either. We just happened to run it against a 1 Rat coverage look where they have a guy playing man on Kincaid and a low hole (Rat) player to rob anything coming back across the middle of the field.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

It's play action. They're showing Stretch action to pull the linebackers to the boundary and then throw it to Kincaid working the opposite direction. Every team in the league runs this concept. The dolphins aren't intentionally doubling Kincaid here either. We just happened to run it against a 1 Rat coverage look where they have a guy playing man on Kincaid and a low hole (Rat) player to rob anything coming back across the middle of the field.

Is diggs on that deep curl also a read if Kincaid doesn't get rerouted too deep by the LB

6 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I call BS on this one. Kincaid has been slippery each time he’s had the ball in his hand, it’s his speciality. YAC. Plus he hasn’t dropped a ball from what I recall (I’m a poet and didn’t know it.) Dorsey needs to draw up more plays. He’s really not using him right or at all for that matter. And as far as measurables…they aren’t everything. Kincaid is just a natural football player that thrives on instincts and having a feel for the coverage. 

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-te.php

Kincaid YAC/R: 3.6 yards

Kincaid: YAC after Contact: 0.6 yards. 

9 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Is diggs on that deep curl also a read if Kincaid doesn't get rerouted too deep by the LB

Allen looks to Diggs and has him open. He even c*cked his arm to throw it. But you can see Morse got pushed back so far that Allen couldn't step into that throw so he had to move. I don't think Kincaid's route had anything to do with it. Looks like the progression is almost certainly Kincaid -> Diggs -> Sherfield and then Cook as the check down.

Edited by HappyDays

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.