Around the NFL 10/8

Steptide

8 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Says the guys who hates the NFL so much he wants to quit watching.

Honestly, not very many people are going to quit watching right now, but the direction the game is going in a way that many people don't like.

Me personally, I've enjoyed watching the Bills in the Josh Allen era, but it is very hard for me to sit through a football game if the Bills aren't playing.   In the past, I used to watch all of the NFL football that I could.  Even if it was  something like a meaningless preseason game between the Cardinals and Buccaneers, I would take the time to watch it.  Now the games are painfully slow, bad officiating, obnoxious announcers, more commercials than ever, non football related tangents etc. 

Goodell is slowly destroying the product.  To be quite honest if the Bills fell out of contention at any point this year, I could see myself not watching any game for a few weeks for the first time in my life.

Edited by dgrochester55

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Yup, worst possible outcomes imaginable. Next Sunday night vs the Giants will probably be the first game I skip in years. I got nothing left and going to watch them play the worst team in the NFL and getting home after midnight seems like torture. I need a few weeks off to regroup for sure...

I'll be there. I like the night games, but I have to drive back to Rochester. Usually don't get home til close to 2 a.m. But this will prolly be my last year as a STH as well. So I'll go to all games.  

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

MJD is a dickwaffle.

This is 100% true. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dgrochester55 said:

Honestly, not very many people are going to quit watching right now, but the direction the game is going in a way that many people don't like.

Me personally, I've enjoyed watching the Bills in the Josh Allen era, but it is very hard for me to sit through a football game if the Bills aren't playing.   In the past, I used to watch all of the NFL football that I could.  Even if it was  something like a meaningless preseason game between the Cardinals and Buccaneers, I would take the time to watch it.

Goodell is slowly destroying the product.  To be quite honest if the Bills fell out of contention, I could see myself not watch any game for a few weeks for the first time in my life.

I don't ever normally watch the sun morning international games - not sure if every one it is just one big commercial for the NFL trying to push that product - but it was so relentless today it was nauseating

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bubba Gump said:

I'll be there. I like the night games, but I have to drive back to Rochester. Usually don't get home til close to 2 a.m. But this will prolly be my last year as a STH as well. So I'll go to all games.  

This is 100% true. 

I drive back to Brockport, so pretty much the same. Night games I always just take the next day off and crash at a hotel. Getting too old and cranky to deal with the night time traffic for that long😂

What happened to the rule that says if you are out of bounds and touch a ball, the ball is also out of bounds? Just saw Dallas fumble, SF recovered but not before the ball hit both DAL and SF players who were out of bounds.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.