Bills vs Jags Postgame thread

SCBills

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

This is a good point. 

The Coaching staffs constant badgering on Allen’s running.

But this offense is the same. It’s Allen and Diggs.

Gabe’s stat line looks good, but his production all came with 5 minutes left.

He was 3 for 30 for 85% of the game. 

No one produced for 85% of the game, so laying that on Davis isn't right.  Plus, production never is spread equally through games.  

I think it's on Allen and Dorsey.   Dorsey need schemes that get people open and Allen needs to know where those guys are.  

Lawrence is leading the league in getting the ball out quickly because he knows where the open man will be when the ball is snapped.   We saw it all day yesterday. 

6 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

So, we haven't lost 4 defensive starters that wouldn't have made a difference? 

we would like to think they'd have made a difference but we do not know for sure.

what we do know is that we got embarrassed yesterday. 

13 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

No one produced for 85% of the game, so laying that on Davis isn't right.  Plus, production never is spread equally through games.  

I think it's on Allen and Dorsey.   Dorsey need schemes that get people open and Allen needs to know where those guys are.  

Lawrence is leading the league in getting the ball out quickly because he knows where the open man will be when the ball is snapped.   We saw it all day yesterday. 

And we stopped Tua from getting the ball out quickly, but no Benford, Tre, Cookie, and Daquan deprives us of several of our top defenders.

8 minutes ago, boyst said:

we would like to think they'd have made a difference but we do not know for sure.

what we do know is that we got embarrassed yesterday. 

Correct.  There were no injuries on offense. We scored 7 non-garbage time points, punted on six straight possessions and lost a game where we had a two-turnover advantage (Josh’s arm punt wasn’t great but shouldn’t count as a turnover). 

• Disagree 1

21 minutes ago, mannc said:

punted on six straight possessions and lost a game where we had a two-turnover advantage (Josh’s arm punt wasn’t great but shouldn’t count as a turnover). 

Agreed. You can’t go into that long an offensive funk and not shake out of it. The OC needed a “shake the situation” moment in the 6 punt case (e.g., no huddle, 2 min, no run, Josh Wake-up run)

Edited by Since1981

A lot of discussion on the offensive struggle and that was definitely there.   However the defense struggled mightily on 3rd down, particularly 3rd and long.   They played good on first and second, got the Jags into 3rd and long and they just hit that window on the sideline 15-25 yards down the field all day.  Obviously the defense has the explanation of injuries but my points is both sides of the ball had rough games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Well this is where basic understanding of math would help.

Understand that Cook running out of shotgun isn’t working, so maybe run straight ahead from under center with Harris and Murray?

The Jags had 29 minutes of possession to the Bills 15 minutes at times in this game. 

This team under Daboll and Dorsey is allergic to just lining up and running the ball. 

And I disagree with you. Davis was a complete no show again until garbage time. He kills the offense and hopefully this is the last year with him occupying that much snap count. 

2 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

A lot of discussion on the offensive struggle and that was definitely there.   However the defense struggled mightily on 3rd down, particularly 3rd and long.   They played good on first and second, got the Jags into 3rd and long and they just hit that window on the sideline 15-25 yards down the field all day.  Obviously the defense has the explanation of injuries but my points is both sides of the ball had rough games.

It was 11-7 after 3. 

Bills punted 7+ times.  Most times with 3-4 play drives. 

They hung the defense out to dry.

18 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Well this is where basic understanding of math would help.

Understand that Cook running out of shotgun isn’t working, so maybe run straight ahead from under center with Harris and Murray?

The Jags had 29 minutes of possession to the Bills 15 minutes at times in this game. 

This team under Daboll and Dorsey is allergic to just lining up and running the ball. 

And I disagree with you. Davis was a complete no show again until garbage time. He kills the offense and hopefully this is the last year with him occupying that much snap count. 

It was 11-7 after 3. 

They hung the defense out to dry.

WGR said it this morning.

Defense deserves to be 5-0.  The offense deserves to be 3-2.

We completely let down the defense twice this year.

• Agree 3

22 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Great point.  I would only counter with even though they were not scoring points they were possessing the ball and moving the chains.   They did not run 88 plays just because the offense punted a lot.

Edited by Matt_In_NH
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Great point.  I would only counter with even though they were not scoring points they were possessing the ball and moving the chains.   They did not run 88 plays just because the offense punted a lot.

So your take away is the defense is equal or near equal as guilty for this loss?

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

WGR said it this morning.

Defense deserves to be 5-0.  The offense deserves to be 3-2.

We completely let down the defense twice this year.

Yes I’m listening.

WGR hosts could really benefit from using a pen and paper to actually write down observations from the game, because they’ve been all over the place and can’t tell you anything specific or concrete about what happened or why the Bills lost this game. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

7 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

So your take away is the defense is equal or near equal as guilty for this loss?

Yes I’m listening.

WGR hosts could really benefit from using a pen and paper to actually write down observations from the game, because they’ve been all over the place and can’t tell you anything specific or concrete about what happened or why the Bills lost this game. 

they're too busy rage tweeting during the game

4 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Yes I’m listening.

They have been talking all over the place but made clear reasons why we lost....I just not an organized uniformed thought.

Big thing with me.  Our last 2 first round picks aren't contributing.  Elam is bust.  Kindcaid is our check down.

For some reason, we aren't getting Kincaid the ball in space and he's just an outlet, 4th option.  

Too Allen Diggs centric with an occasional Davis.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

They have been talking all over the place but made clear reasons why we lost....I just not an organized uniformed thought.

Big thing with me.  Our last 2 first round picks aren't contributing.  Elam is bust.  Kindcaid is our check down.

For some reason, we aren't getting Kincaid the ball in space and he's just an outlet, 4th option.  

It’s part of the Bills 3 year grooming plan. No one produces right away. 

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Correct.  There were no injuries on offense. We scored 7 non-garbage time points, punted on six straight possessions and lost a game where we had a two-turnover advantage (Josh’s arm punt wasn’t great but shouldn’t count as a turnover). 

wasn't a punt. It was an INT on 3rd down so it is a turnover. I hate the comment that it's the same as a punt. It is not

Edited by nucci

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

And Kincaid is not all on Dorsey.

I’m not seeing athleticism out of him that would allow him to be this mismatch nightmare he was billed to be.

He’s not big enough to bully, and I’m not seeing any burst, speed, agility or snap on his routes.

Allen said he settles in zones and pockets, but I’m not seeing anything past that. 

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

And Kincaid is not all on Dorsey.

I’m not seeing athleticism out of him that would allow him to be this mismatch nightmare he was billed to be.

He’s not big enough to bully, and I’m not seeing any burst, speed, agility or snap on his routes.

Allen said he settles in zones and pockets, but I’m not seeing anything past that. 

he's 21 or so.  played 5 NFL games...

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.