Bills vs Jags Postgame thread

SCBills

14 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

So Josh had a sucky game plan to work with and did what he could. If dorsey sucked that bad how exactly was Josh supposed to fix that. That was the game plan they went over all week, should he just say f it and call his own plays then? I'm not here saying Josh was excellent today but if the game plan was as bad as you are saying I don't know what you expected Allen to do then.

I expected him to show some passion. Be a vocal leader. Gather up some offensive players and show something. I saw no passion at all. I didn't see the it factor out of him. Did you,? Did you see him sitting on the sidelines almost in disbelief. I saw Diggs being fired up and wanting to win so bad. I saw no fire in Allen. In short, I didn't see much of a leader out there. Frankly, it looked like he was flat and going through the motions. 

TOP was brutal today.  Seeing Epenesa on the bench getting oxygen said it all.

That defense was a group of warriors today. They gave the offense plenty of chances to take control of the game, and by the time the O woke up, the D was completely gassed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, newcam2012 said:

I expected him to show some passion. Be a vocal leader. Gather up some offensive players and show something. I saw no passion at all. I didn't see the it factor out of him. Did you,? Did you see him sitting on the sidelines almost in disbelief. I saw Diggs being fired up and wanting to win so bad. I saw no fire in Allen. In short, I didn't see much of a leader out there. Frankly, it looked like he was flat and going through the motions. 

He can be as fired up as Diggs but how does that change the game plan from Dorsey at all? Is Josh getting in his players faces suddenly going to make dorsey run screens or use more motions, or get Kincaid involved more?

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Honestly a little bit, if you noticed at the end he did start running a bit, and he did look pissed after scoring the last TD after he drove the team down the field pretty damn quick. Might have been a little frustrated that he played within the system the whole game and still ended up with a pick and probably needing an onside kick.

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Dorsey called 10 runs to RBs. Actually, less than that as some of those runs were called by Allen at the line (ALERT ALERT). 

Game was close most of the day. Absolutely no reason to completely abandon the run that quick. That in and of itself was a huge failure by Dorsey today.

ALERT ALERT can still be a run play just called to go to the other side.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Maybe “really well” is to generous.

But he played well in my opinion.

What did he really do wrong? James cook had what, -4 yards rushing? so had no help in the rushing game.

I didn’t really see one mistake/poor decision by him.

On the INT he under threw diggs, but he also was chucking it 50 yards downfield with a guy in his face.

Dorsey had the wrong game plan for 2.5 quarters as it seemed like he was anticipating JAX playing a 2 deep shell, but they were taking away the run/underneath stuff. That ain’t on Josh

Josh didn't make enough big plays today. Maybe that's not fair. He needed to play a lot better in order to get the win. The offense was not good today. I think that's a fair statement. Josh is the main piece to the offense. So it's fair to say he didn't play really well. He played conservatively and took very little chances. That's probably a good thing but he needed to be elite and a game changer today. He wasn't that by any stretch. Sure it's greatly due to Dorsey and his crap game plan and calling. You can disperse the blame a variety of ways and percentages. 

What's clear is the offense was not good today. That's concerning especially with all the defensive injuries. The Bills are going to need to be better. The offense will likely have more to say about winning and losing. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Disagree 2

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Frankly, it looked like he was flat and going through the motions. 

The last thing Allen looked like today was "flat and going through the motions".  On the TD run alone he demonstrated what real passion on the field looks like as opposed to some hyper excited rah/rah nonsense on the sideline.  Frankly, Diggs looked like a loon on the sideline and I didn't notice improved lay out of anyone as a result of his screaming & ranting - did you?

BTW, have you ever watched Mahomes on the sideline? 

• Agree 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

Honestly a little bit, if you noticed at the end he did start running a bit, and he did look pissed after scoring the last TD after he drove the team down the field pretty damn quick. Might have been a little frustrated that he played within the system the whole game and still ended up with a pick and probably needing an onside kick.

That's what I'm saying, the game plan stunk we all witnessed that. Actually I'm going to give Josh credit for staying as patient as he did instead of just chucking the ball down field. If he does that this game is even worse and he would be getting torched for trying to play hero ball again.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

He doesn’t HAVE to be a vocal leader. The guys follow him and rally around him just fine, he’s never been that way and it’s never been an issue. He leads naturally, anything else and that’s how he loses his teammates. The authenticity goes way further than screaming on the sidelines. 

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

The last thing Allen looked like today was "flat and going through the motions".  On the TD run alone he demonstrated what real passion on the field looks like as opposed to some hyper excited rah/rah nonsense on the sideline.  Frankly, Diggs looked like a loon on the sideline and I didn't notice improved lay out of anyone as a result of his screaming & ranting - did you?

BTW, have you ever watched Mahomes on the sideline? 

Don't compare Mahomes to Allen. Mahomes has two rings and is by far better than Allen. Don't do that to Allen. It's not fair. 

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

I’ve been a Dorsey critic last year, a Dorsey apologist so far this year, but this game is 75% on Ken “Shotgun” Dorsey and 25% on the drive killing drops (Knox, Davis, Cook, and Kincaid not reaching for the 1st).

Dorsey sucked. This game plan was a failure from the beginning and he should have abandoned it well before 6 mins left in the 4th quarter. Some games you just can’t run, and instead of trying the same shotgun draw over and over he should have ran Allen. I am convinced that if he had told Allen to start using his legs and called designed runs, between he and Diggs they could have won this game ugly. Where was Josh under center?? Where the HELL is Kincaid in the passing game?? Has this guy ever ran a seam route? WTF is Dorsey doing with our TE’s? Knox is invisible and when he’s not, he’s dropping balls. I am rapidly dropping off the Knox bandwagon.

Obviously running Josh didn’t happen. I’m disgusted with this offense. There is NO WAY we should only have 7 points after 3.5 quarters. I’m sorry, the Jags have a middle of the road D. They shut us down. Allen didn’t play great, he didn’t suck, he played pretty good. That should be enough to win against F’n Jacksonville. Dorsey flat out sucked.

Our D deserves a friggin medal except for Elam who should be shot into the sun. Down 6 starters, guys dropping left and right, and they still were making plays and keeping the team in the game. Yeah, there were more plays to be made but how many red zone turnovers can you force without the offense doing a damn thing to help?

Fk London, Fk Goodell, Fk the refs, Fk the turf, fk the Pats*, Fk everything I need another drink.

We are on to Cincinnati (New York)

PS Don’t get me started on the injuries. If Milano has a combo fracture/ACL that’s potentially career threatening. Daquan Jones is as big a loss as Milano he’s been playing at a pro bowl level. 

Thank you.  I will hang up and listen.  Seriously, this is about what I would say. The only thing I will add is they coached Josh out of Josh.  He no longer tries to run for an easy first down with nothing but green in front of him.  Instead he lobs a 50/50 ball last second on the run.  I will also reiterate ... please get rid of shotgun hand off draw Cook.  Everyone in the league knows its coming.  Everyone watching on TV knows its coming.  This run play is just as bad as sending all the receivers out on long routes.  It takes too long to develop, the defense can see it the entire way, by the time cook gets the ball from a complete stand still the line is already leaking defenders.  Its a garbage play that they are trying to use as a money play.  Its design in itself is one of a catch ya by surprise type of play once or twice a game.  Its Dorseys bread and butter play instead.  No one is fooled. It is highly telegraphed and I don't think its ever a fake.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

That's fair. 

9 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

He can be as fired up as Diggs but how does that change the game plan from Dorsey at all? Is Josh getting in his players faces suddenly going to make dorsey run screens or use more motions, or get Kincaid involved more?

Maybe a little extra verbal encouragement from the unquestioned leader of the team could have sparked players to execute better. 

McD does it all the time with his clapping. 

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Everybody looked flat, what game did you watch? We seen one clip of Diggs breaking a tablet after a defender ripped the ball out of his hands…. After that they all looked the same to me. D kept it close with a couple turnovers that took away Jags points but they struggled to get off the field all day long. O was slow out the gate and sitting on the bench most of the day, Josh gave us a shot with the way he played.  We were down 5 points late in the game and the D let them walk the length of the field for a TD. All Josh could do was sit there and watch in disbelief.  Like WTF could he do at that point. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Westside said:

Not with cook as the starting RB. He’s seriously overrated.

They are using him wrong.  He is a speed finesse back that they are asking to take a delayed hand off that the entire defense sees coming and taking it from a dead stand still.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Josh didn't make enough big plays today. Maybe that's not fair. He needed to play a lot better in order to get the win. The offense was not good today. I think that's a fair statement. Josh is the main piece to the offense. So it's fair to say he didn't play really well. He played conservatively and took very little chances. That's probably a good thing but he needed to be elite and a game changer today. He wasn't that by any stretch. Sure it's greatly due to Dorsey and his crap game plan and calling. You can disperse the blame a variety of ways and percentages. 

What's clear is the offense was not good today. That's concerning especially with all the defensive injuries. The Bills are going to need to be better. The offense will likely have more to say about winning and losing. 

Josh had 4 fkn drives ended by dropped passes. He had a 5th drive ended on a 50/50 bomb to Diggs that Diggs got outmuscled on.

you want josh to take the wr’s/rbs out on the jugs machine and make them pracroce catching the ball. Those basic drops, if caught, change the whole game

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Don't compare Mahomes to Allen. Mahomes has two rings and is by far better than Allen. Don't do that to Allen. It's not fair. 

What does having 2 rings mean with what you were asked? He was comparing how Mahomes is on the sidelines not in the field of play. To bring up superbowl wins has no bearing on what he asked you.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Scott7975 said:

They are using him wrong.  He is a speed finesse back that they are asking to take a delayed hand off that the entire defense sees coming and taking it from a dead stand still.

I totally agree. He isn’t a every down back. To be fair the O line did not play well. I saw Torrence get blown up a few times 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Ok offence wasn’t good, agreed.

How many dropped passes, horrible play calls, rushing yards and penalties did they have?

It’s not always on the QB…

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

You mean don’t compare Andy Reid to Dorsey? Agreed

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The offense was uneven today.  Good at times bad at other times.  But Allen was very good for almost the entire game.  The first 2 three & outs were the direct result of dropped passes.  Later, penalties and more dropped passes spoiled chances for the offense to get it's bearing.  But in the end Allen balled out and got the Bills within 5 points. If the D could have made a stop the Bills would have had the ball back with 2 minutes to play needing a TD to win.

And while the D played like warriors today especially considering the injuries they also could not get off the field because they allowed to many 3rd & long conversions.  Twice they had the Jags in 3rd and long from the Jags 5 yard line and allowed them to convert and flip the field.  The D allowed the Jags to go on long, time consuming drives that while not giving up points kept the offense on the sideline and put Allen & company in terrible field position.  I believe we started 4 drives from inside our own 10 yard line.

Against the Jet's Allen's mistakes led directly to the loss.  What's concerning about this game was that we lost in spite of Allen playing well and putting up big numbers.  BTW, I counted about at least 7 Allen wow plays today.  He made enough big plays.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.