Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

To Israel I would say this:

Do NOT take your foot off Hamas throat under ANY circumstances.

Ignore the talk from the west -  especially from spineless Hollywood celebrities.

Wipe the enemy off the map if necessary.

No mercy.

Collateral damage? Tough shitsky! They should have thought of that before they tortured and then  slaughtered 1400 innocent Israelis. All bets are off!

Let the enemy know that they will never threaten your people ever again.

FINISH THE JOB!!!

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/11/2024 at 1:53 PM, Justice said:

You can take your 1400, 1300, 1200… whatever the ***** the number is today and shove it up your ass! I told you morons from day 1 they killed their own on the 7th! Ain’t no babies in ovens… ain’t no mass rapes! Lies lies lies. 

The reporter in the Aljazeera video you posted above acknowledges that a “very significant majority of the casualties” were the result of Hamas actions that day. Are you saying that all the casualties were from Israel firing on or otherwise killing their own people? 

Edited by Andy1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

There was precision bombing in WW2 practiced by the 8th Army Air Force. And of course they were not as accurate as todays weapons eighty odd years later 

You miss the point.

They could call it whatever they wanted at the time, but there was no bombing in WWII that could ever be called "precision" by today's standards.

In those days it was slide rule ballistics and airplane deliver physics to arrive at a guess.

That is not the way it is done now, nor since the late 70's.

Eliminate a discussion of "pgm", (gps, ins.laser guided and other precision guided weapons).

A simple dumb bomb from an F-15/16/18/35 or countless European attack aircraft, delivered in a not threat scenario can, and should be very accurate.

Not "pick the window/exhaust stack" accurate, but certainly within 20'. 

And "in this window", or with active sensors "on this helmet," is certainly doable.

12 hours ago, sherpa said:

You miss the point.

They could call it whatever they wanted at the time, but there was no bombing in WWII that could ever be called "precision" by today's standards.

In those days it was slide rule ballistics and airplane deliver physics to arrive at a guess.

That is not the way it is done now, nor since the late 70's.

Eliminate a discussion of "pgm", (gps, ins.laser guided and other precision guided weapons).

A simple dumb bomb from an F-15/16/18/35 or countless European attack aircraft, delivered in a not threat scenario can, and should be very accurate.

Not "pick the window/exhaust stack" accurate, but certainly within 20'. 

And "in this window", or with active sensors "on this helmet," is certainly doable.

I didn't say compared to today. The USAAF had a precision bombing doctrine that they very much put into effect. They attempted to nail specific targets in Germany using the Norden Bombsight. This was more dangerous than what the Brits were doing.

I was at a Cold War history seminar at the Wilson Center in DC when the Conservative commentator said we would of used the A-bomb against Germany if it was ready. I argued against the point by pointing out our use of daylight, precision bombing. It was dangerous and risky and we took heavy losses, but kept doing it. They could of just started fire storms like the Brits did at Hamburg with the much safer night missions. We did fire bomb raids on the Japanese, and then nuked them

19 hours ago, sherpa said:

This Ramadan thing is idiotic.

The 73 war, Yom Kippur, was launched against Israel on the occasion of the religious holiday Yom Kippur, knowing that the IDF, largely reservists, would be celebrating the religious holiday.

Additionally, it was known in the Arab world as the Ramadan War, taking place on the tenth day of the Ramadan month.

Total nonsense.

Thanks for admitting the IDF are terrorists 

17 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

To Israel I would say this:

Do NOT take your foot off Hamas throat under ANY circumstances.

Ignore the talk from the west -  especially from spineless Hollywood celebrities.

Wipe the enemy off the map if necessary.

No mercy.

Collateral damage? Tough shitsky! They should have thought of that before they tortured and then  slaughtered 1400 innocent Israelis. All bets are off!

Let the enemy know that they will never threaten your people ever again.

FINISH THE JOB!!!

It’s back to 1400 again huh? No mention of Israel killing many of the actual number. Ah yes. You’re a good dog. 

15 hours ago, Andy1 said:

The reporter in the Aljazeera video you posted above acknowledges that a “very significant majority of the casualties” were the result of Hamas actions that day. Are you saying that all the casualties were from Israel firing on or otherwise killing their own people? 

Did I say that????!???!?

Biden’s Gaza Floating Port Plan Generating Concern Among Military Professionals

“I don’t know a single maritime professional who thinks this is a good idea given the location and conditions ashore, but orders are orders.”

During President Biden’s State of the Union address, the President stated that he was directing the military to set up a temporary pier in Gaza that would enable supply of humanitarian aid the the Palestinians. 

https://legalinsurrection.com/2024/03/bidens-gaza-floating-port-plan-generating-concern-among-military-professionals/

• Shocked 1

10 minutes ago, sherpa said:

There is no such admission, nor claim, ex you.

But yes there was. Only terrorists attack people on their holy days, right? 

36 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Reminder:

Are you dense? WTF is your problem? You keep sharing this same old BS. A 6 week ceasefire will not cut it. They will not give up any hostages for 6 weeks. Nothing can be more demoralizing for a people than to resume getting bombed in six weeks. It’s like living with a doomsday clock. 

“In light of all of the fighting”. You mean it’s hard to find roads around all that rubble? 

“And the fact they will not do so says a lot to me about Hamas’ regard for innocent Palestinian civilians”

Yeah well not accepting a permanent ceasefire says a lot to me about Israel’s regard for their innocent hostages. Bombing every place they can possibly be does too. And shooting ppl with their hands up with white flags tells me too. Starving them to death says a lot too because if Palestinians can’t eat neither can the hostages. 

Edited by Justice

1 hour ago, Justice said:

But yes there was. Only terrorists attack people on their holy days, right? 

Perhaps you have missed the point, and are unfamiliar with the history.

But you have managed to condemn the Arab side of this.

First, the premise you stated that "only terrorists attack people on their holy days" is a false premise.

There is no calendar consideration for terrorist actions.

Next, you get the attacker/attackee thing completely wrong.

It was a coalition of Arab states that attacked Israel on Yom Kippur, a Jewish holy day.

After that you seem to no be aware that the phrase "Ramadan War," is an Arab phrase for the conflict as they launched the attack during Ramadan.

How this makes Jews terrorists, as they didn't launch it on their celebration day,  and didn't name it after an Arab holy month is an impossible logical conclusion.

But....That's what passes here.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Perhaps you have missed the point, and are unfamiliar with the history.

But you have managed to condemn the Arab side of this.

First, the premise you stated that "only terrorists attack people on their holy days" is a false premise.

There is no calendar consideration for terrorist actions.

Next, you get the attacker/attackee thing completely wrong.

It was a coalition of Arab states that attacked Israel on Yom Kippur, a Jewish holy day.

After that you seem to no be aware that the phrase "Ramadan War," is an Arab phrase for the conflict as they launched the attack during Ramadan.

How this makes Jews terrorists, as they didn't launch it on their celebration day,  and didn't name it after an Arab holy month is an impossible logical conclusion.

But....That's what passes here.

Israel could’ve launched their offensive beforehand in Rafah. They purposely waited for Ramadan. If you think there’s no underlying message being sent you’re a bigger idiot than I already think you are. Add that with the fact Netanyahu called us amalek and it’s quite clear who’s waging a holy war. 

13 minutes ago, Justice said:

Israel could’ve launched their offensive beforehand in Rafah. They purposely waited for Ramadan. If you think there’s no underlying message being sent you’re a bigger idiot than I already think you are. Add that with the fact Netanyahu called us amalek and it’s quite clear who’s waging a holy war. 

I'm quite glad you think I'm an idiot.

Makes it a lot easier to spend no time here.

The point is that the Arab invasion of Israel was done on Yom Kippur. Specifically becasue they knew the reserve dependent IDF would be at the beach.

The Arabs called that the Ramadan War., not the Israelis.

It was their choice, and they got their asses kicked.

During this current skirmish, I hold the Israelis completely blameless regarding whatever day they decide to go after the remaining Hamas murderers.

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

I'm quite glad you think I'm an idiot.

Makes it a lot easier to spend no time here.

The point is that the Arab invasion of Israel was done on Yom Kippur. Specifically becasue they knew the reserve dependent IDF would be at the beach.

The Arabs called that the Ramadan War., not the Israelis.

It was their choice, and they got their asses kicked.

During this current skirmish, I hold the Israelis completely blameless regarding whatever day they decide to go after the remaining Hamas murderers.

If it was a ***** thing to do then it’s still a ***** thing to do now. Idgaf who’s doing it. I’m not like you. I don’t bend the knee for no nation. You’re too busy on your knees, slobbing on the knob. While you’re getting bukkakied you might want to pay attention to what’s really going on and the damaging long term effects it’s going to have on all of us. Not just the Palestinians. 

George Patton you aint

On 10/7/2023 at 10:08 AM, yall said:

I think they're more likely to complain about the money we released to Iran, which likely funded a lot of this operation.

I'm inclined to agree with them on that point.

I love when the morons get hit over the head with the truth hammer.

I think they need a few minutes to get back to candyland.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Justice said:

If it was a ***** thing to do then it’s still a ***** thing to do now. Idgaf who’s doing it. I’m not like you. I don’t bend the knee for no nation. You’re too busy on your knees, slobbing on the knob. While you’re getting bukkakied you might want to pay attention to what’s really going on and the damaging long term effects it’s going to have on all of us. Not just the Palestinians. 

Fatal idiocy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Nah. Let’s believe ‘em anyways. 

Got anyone better than Pramila Patten? She's the biggest social justice warrior at the UN

Edited by Pokebball

5 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Got anyone better than Pramila Patten

Man I can send you God almighty and you won’t listen 

Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but do lie — behold, I will make them to come and worship at thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Edited by Justice

9 minutes ago, Justice said:

Man I can send you God almighty and you won’t listen 

Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but do lie — behold, I will make them to come and worship at thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

I'm totally serious, Patten is a left wing, social justice warrior. Anyone could have predicted to a tee her position on this conflict.

So today, under the guise of national security, we passed a bill that can force a company to sell (I wonder to whom) or cease to exist.

Oh trust me it will be sold and I can bet anything a certain demographic will have control of that app. 

Good luck, sheep. 

Edited by Justice

6 hours ago, Justice said:

It’s back to 1400 again huh? No mention of Israel killing many of the actual number. Ah yes. You’re a good dog. 

22 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Did I say that????!???!?

Easy now. I was only asking for clarification on your perspective since you seem to assign more blame on Israel for what happened that day than to Hamas. I know you condemn Hamas. You have also emphasized there was no mass rape and Israel killed their own people. Some Israelis dying from friendly fire is probably likely, but that was not the main cause of deaths. The UN found evidence of many rapes, gang rapes etc. I have seen no evidence to indicate those reports were false. 

If your position is Hamas is responsible for the vast majority of the deaths, the kidnapping and probably a lot of other horrible actions that day, we each view it about the same way. Netanyahu seems like an idiot for his actions and inaction leading up to that day. Maybe he had some sick wish for an attack to occur, I don’t know. Sadly, the result of the attack and war is what the extremists on both sides want. 

23 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Easy now. I was only asking for clarification on your perspective since you seem to assign more blame on Israel for what happened that day than to Hamas. I know you condemn Hamas. You have also emphasized there was no mass rape and Israel killed their own people. Some Israelis dying from friendly fire is probably likely, but that was not the main cause of deaths. The UN found evidence of many rapes, gang rapes etc. I have seen no evidence to indicate those reports were false. 

If your position is Hamas is responsible for the vast majority of the deaths, the kidnapping and probably a lot of other horrible actions that day, we each view it about the same way. Netanyahu seems like an idiot for his actions and inaction leading up to that day. Maybe he had some sick wish for an attack to occur, I don’t know. Sadly, the result of the attack and war is what the extremists on both sides want. 

The blame is mainly on Hamas. No doubt about that. As for the rape charges Israel didn’t allow an investigation. The UN got their intell from Israel. I don’t trust it. Not saying it didn’t happen at all. Just saying I’m sure the numbers are heavily skewed. Also those burnt bodies could not have been done by Hamas. No way.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

It’s all in reaction to the rampant Islamophobia that’s out there. I thought it had died down after peaking around noon on 9/11/01 but I guess I am wrong. 

1 hour ago, JDHillFan said:

It’s all in reaction to the rampant Islamophobia that’s out there. I thought it had died down after peaking around noon on 9/11/01 but I guess I am wrong. 

But, but, but…CHRISTIAN NATIONALISM!!! 

February 27 interview with Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu (below).

This is an intensely interesting discussion of “everything from the strategic goals of the war, historic comparisons, to the progress of the IDF.”

It is worth your time. The give-and-take between Spencer and Netanyahu makes this must viewing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

February 27 interview with Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu (below).

This is an intensely interesting discussion of “everything from the strategic goals of the war, historic comparisons, to the progress of the IDF.”

It is worth your time. The give-and-take between Spencer and Netanyahu makes this must viewing.

Good video. 

Netanyahu is always a clear headed, impassioned yet reasonable speaker.

He is on his way out, but his explanation of the Israeli "sense" of this clear, correct and unmistakable.

Like him or not, we have no such leadership here.

Our current office holder is totally incapable of such an interview.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

What he's saying is silly, but it just goes to show you how hypocritical Dems are.  But it's hard to disobey your masters...

• Agree 2

I've Won an Argument about Israel I Wish I Hadn't

DAVID BERNSTEIN 

Over my 20+ years of blogging at Volokh, commenters have often questioned why I focused my attention on what I saw as unfair attacks on Israel, rather than on Israeli policies I disagreed with that might be obstacles to a future peace deal. My response was consistent: debates over specific Israeli policies were a sideshow. Israel's harshest critics simply wanted Israel to cease to exist, and given that this goal could likely be achieved only via genocide, I chose to focus my attention on that. My commenters were also pretty consistent, arguing that I was being paranoid, that the vast majority of critics, even the harshest ones, wanted a two-state solution, not to eliminate Israel.

We have had something of a test of this debate since 10/7. Hamas is a terrorist theocracy with explicitly genocidal goals. It carried out a taste of those goals on 10/7, and its leaders promised to repeat those atrocities again and again until the "Zionists" were driven from Israel.

So whatever one thinks of Israeli policy, or Israel's eventual response to 10/7, one would think, based on my interlocutors' position, that critics of Israeli policy would nevertheless agree on one thing: Hamas must be deposed, one way or another. There is no plausible two-state solution with Hamas in power; the harsh critics are almost all self-styled progressives, and there is nothing progressive about Hamas's policies toward freedom of religion, LGBTQ rights, women, militarism, antisemitism, and so on, nor its constant theft of humanitarian aid. Hamas's rule in Gaza is essentially every Progressive's worst nightmare.

Yet, ever since at least 10/10, when it became clear that Israel's reaction to Hamas's atrocities was not going to be to capitulate, the harsh critics have been all but unanimous in calling for Israel to essentially surrender ("immediate ceasefire") with Hamas still in power, and have almost to a person not called on Hamas to surrender and abdicate. (And self-styled human rights organizations have felt free to make up human rights law, including contradicting their own past public positions in other conflicts.)

I have to admit that I underestimated the mendacity of these people.

As much as I knew that they hated Israel much more than they were concerned with the well-being of Palestinians, I didn't imagine that they would be willing to run interference for, if not outright support, Hamas, certainly not after Hamas put its brutality and genocidal intentions on display for all the world to see. 

https://reason.com/volokh/2024/03/17/ive-won-an-argument-about-israel-i-wish-i-hadnt/

• Agree 1

We all have our fair share #######s 

Except for the reality that one is legal in Israel.  

in Palestine, same thing gets you thrown off roofs or stoned.

In Islam, what are the people that refuse to convert?

Aslim Taslim?  Fatwa?

sharia law is regressive to minorities.