Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

12 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Not going to dispute that what happened on October 7th was horrific, but let’s not water down the holocaust. This as horrible as it was, was more like an old medieval era raid but worse with the level of hatred that was had for the people it was against. The holocaust was a combination of slavery and forced human experimentation and all kinds of other horrible things that also happened on October 7th all culminating with the plan of extermination. Which yes that may be what Hamas says their goal is but that obviously wasn't the goal of the attack, it was to perpetuate the cycle of violence and gain hostages for leverage. If anything they were too successful, they were like a dog chasing a car and they accidentally caught it, now they're hanging on to the bumper as the car speeds down the highway at 80 mph.

I can’t really follow your thought process here.  The innocent victims of the horrors of 10/7–men, women, children, infants deserve no less consideration for the atrocities visited upon them than do victims of the holocaust.  The way I look it, if you string together multiple instances of exactly this type of savagery, violence and degradation—and I’d suggest Hamas gleefully embraces just such a plan—it’s not long before hundreds become thousands, thousands become tens of thousands, and tens of thousands become hundreds of thousands.  

A mentor of mine said one time “Just because someone else eats a bigger **** sandwich than mine doesn’t make mine taste any better. 

12 hours ago, Warcodered said:

If I had to guess the reason why, it's that right now the U.S. is pretty useful pushing for the negotiations for the hostages and the ceasefire, so they want to keep us engaged in that which becomes less likely if our hostages are released. 

Don't deal with Terrorists.

Obama-era deal to allow Hamas office in
Qatar backfired on US: experts

by Peter Aitken

The U.S. played a direct role in helping set up the Hamas office in Qatar during the Obama administration, seeking appeasement and soft diplomacy but ultimately failing to control the terrorist group as it festered in Gaza.

"For many years now, both the United States and Israel have been living in a policy fantasy world where we have tolerated Hamas' existence in Doha and believed that Doha would be a moderating influence," Richard Goldberg, the coordinator for the Trump administration’s maximum pressure campaign on Iran, told Fox News Digital. "That thesis was disproven on Oct. 7, so whatever has happened in the last few years

https://www.foxnews.com/us/obama-era-deal-allow-hamas-office-qatar-backfired-us-experts

18 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The innocent victims of the horrors of 10/7–men, women, children, infants deserve no less consideration for the atrocities visited upon them than do victims of the holocaust.

I'd love to see where you found I'd said that all, not to mention how would you not apply that logic to this statement?

On 11/24/2023 at 1:25 PM, sherpa said:

It makes the holocaust look minor.

My issue was this statement, I went out of my way to point out that October 7th was ***** terrible, but if you're going to say that you can even rate human atrocities which the above statement essentially does then no it's not on the same level. It's ***** horrible but the holocaust is the ***** holocaust, they industrialized murder it is what is.

22 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'd love to see where you found I'd said that all, not to mention how would you not apply that logic to this statement?

My issue was this statement, I went out of my way to point out that October 7th was ***** terrible, but if you're going to say that you can even rate human atrocities which the above statement essentially does then no it's not on the same level. It's ***** horrible but the holocaust is the ***** holocaust, they industrialized murder it is what is.

My comment was based on the contrition, or shame of the perpetrators.

Of course the holocaust was many times worse in scope.

But at least the Nazis understood the perfidy of their actions, as they tried to hide it.

That suggests some kind of conscience; some awareness that the actions were horrific.

This Hamas group videoed their atrocities, expressing pride in their slaughter.

Publicized them. Were proud of them. Sent the murder tapes to their families.

That is a very dangerous difference, which cannot be allowed to exist.

I have never seen anything like that, and it cannot be allowed to exist.

Edited by sherpa

38 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I would love to see where I said what you said I said about what you said.  I said, quite clearly, that I didn’t follow the thought process you laid out.  In civilized conversation, this is often viewed as attempt to understand the perspective of another.  The risk of course is that the other party may nor wish to engage in dialogue, may misconstrue the attempt as condescending or hyper-aggressive, may misunderstand the context as offered, or in some cases,  flip their lid. 

38 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Lid, flipped. 

I read what you wrote, understand that you felt the 10/7 attacks were horrific, and replied as I did.  Nothing you’ve shared here changes anything.   It happens.  

9 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I would love to see where I said what you said I said about what you said.  I said, quite clearly, that I didn’t follow the thought process you laid out.  In civilized conversation, this is often viewed as attempt to understand the perspective of another.  The risk of course is that the other party may nor wish to engage in dialogue, may misconstrue the attempt as condescending or hyper-aggressive, may misunderstand the context as offered, or in some cases,  flip their lid. 

Lid, flipped. 

I read what you wrote, understand that you felt the 10/7 attacks were horrific, and replied as I did.  Nothing you’ve shared here changes anything.   It happens.  

I would generally say it's because when you say something like this:

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I can’t really follow your thought process here.  The innocent victims of the horrors of 10/7–men, women, children, infants deserve no less consideration for the atrocities visited upon them than do victims of the holocaust.

You're either purposely implying I think differently than this, or somehow tripped into the sentence structure that does like some sort of grammatical Mr. Magoo.

Released Female Hamas Terrorist's Chilling Response Shows Exactly Why Israel Can't Stop

She was originally imprisoned for stabbing someone in Israel. 

Yeah, it doesn't soothe the sensibilities of your average MSNBC or Sky News host to say that, but that is the world as it is. Israel can only react to what's actually happening, not to some pie-in-the-sky idea of what Palestinians "really want." They are telling you what they want, and it's to continue to commit genocide against the Jews. There's only one viable response to that.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/11/26/released-female-hamas-terrorist-shows-exactly-why-israel-cant-stop-n2166824

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I would generally say it's because when you say something like this:

You're either purposely implying I think differently than this, or somehow tripped into the sentence structure that does like some sort of grammatical Mr. Magoo.

I like a good Magoo reference as much as anyone, but I'd be remiss if I didn't point out you've gone from suggesting I said something, then suggested I was implying something, then introduced the notion that perhaps I tripped into making you think I said or implied something.  This was after unleashing a string of censored obscenities over whatever perceived slight or misunderstanding you felt may have been visited upon you. 

Sometimes, words are just words, delivered as intended, with no hidden meaning behind them.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

The sole avenue of coexistence that became a Hamas killing field

Gaza workers used to pass through Erez. So did medical patients, diplomats, UN personnel. Then terrorists struck.

The Erez Border Crossing, at the northern end of the Gaza Strip, was the sole civilian crossing point from Hamas-run Gaza into Israel. Every day, thousands of Gazans with permits to work in Israel would proceed through the modern terminal complex; others came in for medical treatment; diplomats, UN officials and others could drive through.

It was the only avenue of Israel-Gaza coexistence.

Now, it’s a war zone.

On the morning of October 7, Hamas terrorists blew up and burst through the barriers separating Erez from the Gaza Strip, and poured into the complex. Unwatchable footage shows them killing some of the utterly unprepared, hopelessly outnumbered complement of soldiers on duty, and abducting others into Gaza.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/the-sole-avenue-of-coexistence-that-became-a-hamas-killing-field/

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

Released Female Hamas Terrorist's Chilling Response Shows Exactly Why Israel Can't Stop

She was originally imprisoned for stabbing someone in Israel. 

Yeah, it doesn't soothe the sensibilities of your average MSNBC or Sky News host to say that, but that is the world as it is. Israel can only react to what's actually happening, not to some pie-in-the-sky idea of what Palestinians "really want." They are telling you what they want, and it's to continue to commit genocide against the Jews. There's only one viable response to that.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/11/26/released-female-hamas-terrorist-shows-exactly-why-israel-cant-stop-n2166824

Keep tabs on her and kill her later.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/25/2023 at 12:51 PM, sherpa said:

More of this relentless stupidity.

None of this has anything to do with Trump or events 2000 years ago.

Asinine red herrings.

Just asking, no need to get your back hairs raised

On 11/25/2023 at 12:24 PM, JDHillFan said:

Earlier today you stated that Biden messed up the Ukraine disaster. He’s an 81 yo buffoon that’s in over his head. It’s ok to admit it as you did earlier today. 

He's doing a better job than the fascist Trump would do against Putin. He loves Putin, thinks his invasion is "genius." 

Biden is a good one! 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Social media mogul Elon Musk will reportedly meet Monday in Israel with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and other leaders in the country, amid accusations by civil rights groups that he amplified anti-Jewish hate speech on his platform X, formerly named Twitter.

https://www.offthepress.com/musk-to-meet-with-netanyahu-other-israel-leaders-following-controversial-reposts/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Update: Truce Extended Two Days

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/israel-hamas-latest-updates-ceasefire-deadline-101517447.html

18 minutes ago — "An agreement has been reached to extend the humanitarian truce for an additional two days in the Gaza Strip," a foreign ministry spokesperson ...

Good 

Now if the House GOP would pass a serious aid package, but they played games instead. Such a serious issue, yet they screw around. Is Trump mad at Netanyahoo? 

That's what drives our response to a crisis? 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/26/2023 at 11:28 AM, B-Man said:

Don't deal with Terrorists.

Obama-era deal to allow Hamas office in
Qatar backfired on US: experts

by Peter Aitken

The U.S. played a direct role in helping set up the Hamas office in Qatar during the Obama administration, seeking appeasement and soft diplomacy but ultimately failing to control the terrorist group as it festered in Gaza.

"For many years now, both the United States and Israel have been living in a policy fantasy world where we have tolerated Hamas' existence in Doha and believed that Doha would be a moderating influence," Richard Goldberg, the coordinator for the Trump administration’s maximum pressure campaign on Iran, told Fox News Digital. "That thesis was disproven on Oct. 7, so whatever has happened in the last few years

https://www.foxnews.com/us/obama-era-deal-allow-hamas-office-qatar-backfired-us-experts

And Netanyahu handed Hamas tons of dollars too. Funny how that always works this way. Al Qaeda and the Taliban as well. Strange coincidences. Or are we just stupid? Or maybe insane? Because doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results is insanity. 

7 hours ago, B-Man said:

Social media mogul Elon Musk will reportedly meet Monday in Israel with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and other leaders in the country, amid accusations by civil rights groups that he amplified anti-Jewish hate speech on his platform X, formerly named Twitter.

https://www.offthepress.com/musk-to-meet-with-netanyahu-other-israel-leaders-following-controversial-reposts/

He’s already banned the slogan “from the river to the sea…”. It’s crazy how even a man with F you money has to bend the knee. 

I was hoping that someone, hell anyone, would have brought up the fact that the Israeli death count is down to around 1,200 now and most of those were military and a lot of the Israeli civilians were gunned down by the Israelis themselves. Yes even one death is inexcusable. but like Ben Shapiro likes to say, “facts don’t care about your feelings”. 

Burnt bodies might have been at the hands of the Israelis as well now that we’re seeing burnt Palestinians along with them. Bulldozed homes in the Kibbutz? Israeli tanks did that. 

Can y’all be that so one sided that you can’t even point any of this stuff out? I know you all seen it. 

And another thing. What do you guys feel about that commercial airing on Fox News asking for $45 donations for ‘bomb shelters and food that is running short’? Don’t we give enough? Is their food really running out? The ad even showed apartments and cars on fire as if that were ongoing. It’s misleading and insulting the intelligence of all of us. Idk who’s responsible for that commercial, but whomever it is lacks integrity. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Hamas Keeps Violating Ceasefire Agreement

DAVID STROM

I keep coming back to the hostages, not only because of the terror and suffering that they are experiencing but also because they are a constant refutation of the arguments that all Hamas supporters make about the legitimacy of Hamas’ actions.

Hamas supporters keep arguing that the terror attacks of 10/7 were a legitimate or at least understandable military strike against Israel’s (nonexistent) occupation of Gaza. Palestinians understandably struck out against the oppressive tyranny of Israel, they argue, and this was the only or the best way they could.

This argument, of course, glosses over the inconvenient fact that Israel was not occupying Gaza and that the “military” strike was nothing but a pogrom that included rape, torture, murder, and desecration of bodies. But apparently, the specifics of Hamas’ actions are irrelevant to them; it was the powerless striking out at the powerful.

This argument is wrong and justifies evil, but it has a certain logic if you squint and ignore human decency and the facts of the case.

But then…the hostages. There is no case to be made that taking hostages is a military tactic of any sort, and unlike the rapes and beheadings, you can’t argue that they are simply propaganda. Hamas is using the hostages, undeniably. The entire cease-fire is predicated on staged hostage releases.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/11/28/hamas-keeps-violating-ceasefire-agreement-n594994

• Thank you (+1) 1

If you don’t know him, he is the son of the co-founder of Hamas. He was raised as Hamas. He is speaking out very publicly against all the evil that is Hamas and that which is supported by many Palestinian people. The world needs many more people like him from Arab nations speaking the hard truths. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, SCBills said:

Punt Oakland into the sun 

just give them a mic and they openly tell us what they are.  The amount of Attaching negative stereotypes based on RACE and Sex, to Terrorist sympathizing is off the charts.

These are the same voices saying to take the shot or go die just last year.

• Agree 1

TRADING TERRORISTS FOR HOSTAGES

“Swaps of captives resume after brief protest by Hamas,” read the top headline in the Washington Post on Sunday.

But the “captives” set free by Israel had all been arrested or already convicted of such crimes as stabbing, shooting, and attempted suicide bombing, while the “captives” released by Hamas are all innocent women and children dragged from their homes in flagrant violation of international law.

In what legal or moral universe is there any equivalence between the two?

The Israelis are releasing three terrorists for every civilian hostage returned. Other components of the deal include Israelis allowing hundreds of truckloads of fuel and other supplies into Gaza, knowing full well that Hamas will steal as much as possible from the Palestinian civilians for whom the aid is intended.

That’s what Hamas’s “protest” was about. The terrorist group wanted aid supplied to areas the Israelis have declared military zones. The delay ended when the Israelis made clear they would be pushed no further.

So long as at least 10 hostages per day are released, the Israeli Defense Forces are “pausing” military operations against Hamas commanders and fighters, most believed to be sheltering in a network of multi-billion-dollars tunnels.

Will this deal result in more Israeli soldiers being killed? Almost certainly. But Israeli soldiers believe it is their duty to save civilians.

Hamas’s leaders, by contrast, believe it is the duty of civilians to save them. And Hamas leaders know that dead Gazans produce propaganda wins.

More at the link: https://www.fdd.org/analysis/2023/11/29/trading-terrorists-for-hostages/

• Like (+1) 1

Democrat Support for Israel Is Beginning to Crumble

DAVID STROM

In the wake of the anti-Israel protests that have been fracturing the Democrat base, the expected collapse of Democrat support for Israel is beginning.

As Ed wrote earlier today, the Biden Administration is signaling that its support for Israel is waning, although they insist that it isn’t. They have walked back their tweet that suggested Israel was committing atrocities and that a “permanent” cease-fire should be on the table.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/11/29/democrat-support-for-israel-is-beginning-to-crumble-n595556

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1