Looks like the Bills are Flying Virgin Atlantic to London

Dan Darragh

3 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

A350-1000 is huge, holds more than 400 passengers

They're going to have at least 200 to 250 personnel going with this team. You're going to have 20 people in marketing, a whole bunch of executives, and other team personnel.

The shoulder pads, athletic equipment, traditional boxes that the team brings to any away game regardless pick up quite a bit of space.

It was also a private check that left yesterday then made the route

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

There are reasons for the times.

The charter will be part of the North Atlantic Track System, which has various routes which begin at a few points in the Maritime Provinces in Canada, and arrive at various points in Western Europe.

Every night these points and enroute points, called tracks, vary, based on the winds and weather that evening.

If you travel outside the times of the NATS, you have to use really bad altitudes, as NATS goes from 29000-41000', and that is not part of the NFL contract. 

The NATS operates in the evening going east from North America to Europe, and from local morning from Europe to North America, thus the times.

It allows a far greater density of traffic in airspace that has no radar coverage.

Everyone is assigned a specific track, altitude and mach number.

That is how flights are separated with no radar or radio coverage.

When you get about 120 miles from the UK, they get you on radar, communication is reestablished  and you fly the various normal routes to your destination.

I was just gonna say this. 

• Haha (+1) 5

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

What if your balls caught on fire and a naked Roseanne Barr rushed in to save you, then proceeded to fart in your face whilst pouring gasoline on your nuts to put the fire out?

Dear God this is terrible.  I believe a naked, running Roseanne Barr sighting has to be worse than the gasoline balls.  Not 💯 sure but all that Flopping and jiggling, never in a good way is too much.  I mean with my sinus allergies I could handle the farting…but a naked Roseanne ughh

Edited by Behindenemylines
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This plane is HUGE.  So I expect them to have the lounge bed chairs where they all just sleep.  

Probably have an edible or two.  Nyquil.  Dream.

In all seriousness, an edible of 2 isnt a bad idea.

I had a friend who was special forces.  When they would fly Lejeune to mideast, they'd all take a couple Ambien.  Felt a little bit hungover upon arrival, but were wide awake shortly after landing.

4 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It would be the most Billsy thing ever for them to be the first team ever to die in a plane crash.

What would the league do?

😱😱😱

Giuseppe Tognarelli

Community Member

Posted Sunday at 03:09 PM

The Bills are in trouble.

are you sure you are a Bills fan?  With fans like you, who needs enemies?

Edited by Pete

1 hour ago, boyst said:

They're going to have at least 200 to 250 personnel going with this team. You're going to have 20 people in marketing, a whole bunch of executives, and other team personnel.

The shoulder pads, athletic equipment, traditional boxes that the team brings to any away game regardless pick up quite a bit of space.

It was also a private check that left yesterday then made the route

I work on Boeing 767s and they have a lot of room in the forward and aft bellies and this plane is bigger. Wouldnt be surprised at all if the Bills only used one plane. It's real expensive to fly planes around. 

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Atlas Air / Dolphins team plane is a 747, and they flew in and out last weekend.  However, I saw elsewhere that main runway 5/23 was being worked on, and flights were using 14/32.  I don't know if the work has been completed.

10L/28R at the Falls is easily 3 kilometres.

They used 23 today.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It would be the most Billsy thing ever for them to be the first team ever to die in a plane crash.

What would the league do?

😱😱😱

GFY.

5 hours ago, Gregg said:

The Bills are flying out today on Thursday. I would have guessed Monday or Tuesday just to get used to the time change.

Yeah apparently the doctor of sports science says, stay on East coast time as best you can, play the game at 9:30am, win, get out.

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Atlas Air / Dolphins team plane is a 747, and they flew in and out last weekend.  However, I saw elsewhere that main runway 5/23 was being worked on, and flights were using 14/32.  I don't know if the work has been completed.

10L/28R at the Falls is easily 3 kilometres.

Yeah 5/23 is finished for now. they are still doing some painting detail overnight but it’s in full use.  The A350 is an Impressive aircraft that they can get it loaded up, and fully fueled to Europe on an 8,829’ runway.  The Atlas 747 probably doesn’t carry near the full fuel to Ft. Lauderdale.

14 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

How is the total flight time 6 hours 19 mins? Is this plane moving faster than usual? I know a flight to London out of NYC averages 7 hours and NYC is closer to London than Buffalo…

Don't take this the wrong way. 

It is merely meant to answer your question.

It is usually about six and a half hours of flight time from New York to London.

The geographic distance is 3451 miles.

The answer to your question ls twofold.

First, you can't add the distance from Buffalo to New York city on top that 3451.

Buffalo to London is 3563 miles, only 110 miles more.

The reason is that the earth is round. That's why you see the graphic depictions of those routes with big arcs in them instead of straight lines.

Recognizing that, you realize that the mileage isn't that different, so the flight times reflect that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.