2023 MVP: Lamar will win it with 15 fewer TDs than Josh Allen (end of season talk pg 75+)

transplantbillsfan

These SF weapons and Shanahan’s play calling is something to behold

12 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

I can get behind CMC or Hill as MVP this year, but I do think Allen has to be in the convo should the Bills win out and Allen balls out

If he finishes the season on a 5 game win streak division title #2 seed and 45+ TDs he’s the MVP

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

This might be the most divided MVP voting we have seen in a long time unless someone just turns into an absolute unit the last 2 weeks.

All the QBs that were front runners are falling off and the skill players are in the mix with Allen (you know, the guy that leads the nfl in TDs).

Whether we agree with it or not (I wouldn’t), If Baltimore beats Miami next week, Lamar gonna win MVP.  Miami wins, then possibly either Tua or Hill, or CMC.  Just don’t see Josh winning it if the Bills don’t win the division, and that can only happen with Ravens winning next week (and Lamar then MVP).

• Like (+1) 1

Lamar had 2 TDs in this game one of which started right outside the door of the endzone, about 250 yards passing and oh let's not forget he ran backwards 15 yards to take a safety.

Most importantly though he's not Josh.

I mean we can't just say he's dead as the MVP because of turnovers then he still kind of has them and he's the MVP.

Got to have someone else, CMC I get, Hill makes sense even if I don't like the guy, Lamar just hasn't done it this year like he did before.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Whether we agree with it or not (I wouldn’t), If Baltimore beats Miami next week, Lamar gonna win MVP.  Miami wins, then possibly either Tua or Hill, or CMC.  Just don’t see Josh winning it if the Bills don’t win the division, and that can only happen with Ravens winning next week (and Lamar then MVP).

Even if Lamar wins and gets the 1 seeds, I cant see how a player with possibly half the amount of total TD, less yards and completion percentage as another player at a lower seed could be considered higher.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Even if Lamar wins and gets the 1 seeds, I cant see how a player with possibly half the amount of total TD, less yards and completion percentage as another player at a lower seed could be considered higher.

I'm fine w Lamar winning MVP

Playing well, getting the Ravens the 1seed, and lost his best weapon is a strong narrative

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I agree with what you’re saying, the media just dotes on the “best” regular season team though.  And Ravens beat the Niners tonight for the current claim of best record.  Dolphins could muddy those waters next week, but then we don’t win the division.  Anyone know how many league MVPs there have been for teams that did not win their division? 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Lamar had 2 TDs in this game one of which started right outside the door of the endzone, about 250 yards passing and oh let's not forget he ran backwards 15 yards to take a safety.

Most importantly though he's not Josh.

I mean we can't just say he's dead as the MVP because of turnovers then he still kind of has them and he's the MVP.

Got to have someone else, CMC I get, Hill makes sense even if I don't like the guy, Lamar just hasn't done it this year like he did before.

Jackson’s TD drives were 8 yards and 44 yards. The majority of the yards on the “longer” drive was a 39 yard run after catch dump off to a RB. He was completely unremarkable, and this MVP talk makes me feel like I’m taking crazy pills.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

Winning MVP doesn't make anyone the best player in the league.  If Lamar wins it good for him.

Either you believe it should go to the player with the best stats, or the player that is “most valuable” to their team’s performance (vs a league average player in their position).

Jackson satisfies neither of those, so the only reason he would win is he’s the QB on the #1 seed team. It would be the weakest MVP in a very long time.

I think that Josh has a legit chance at MVP but a few things will need to happen:

#1 Miami will have to lose their last two.

#2 Buffalo will need to win their last two and secure #2 in the AFCE

#3 Josh will have to have 2 monster games in the process.

If these happen, and I think there’s a decent chance, I think Josh has a chance to win MVP.

In this scenario of course, the biggest completion will be Lamar, CMC, or Hill.  Any of those three can also have monster games over the final two and steal MVP.  

14 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Current MVP oddsmakers list on ESPN just now:

1)Lamar

2)CMC

3)Tua

4)Allen

5)Purdy

Tua ahead of Allen is insane, he had 1 TD against the Cowboys that's it and that's not even because his RBs were punching it that day, his offense couldn't get 6 it was practically nothing but 3s.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.