We ever gonna use Kincaid ?

Teddy KGB

12 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

We’ve played three games

Was he not used quite a bit in the first game?

not as a receiver.  4 for 26 yards.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And he should be getting slightly deeper than he is on some of them.

looks more like the check down receiver though--hangs out by the sideline, looks back for a short pass, gets drilled.

• Sad 1

On 9/29/2023 at 9:01 AM, GunnerBill said:

Johnson does know how to use his personnel very well. What is interersting is his passing scheme isn't particularly complex or creative. He knows what his guys can do and what they can't and he leans into it. 

The one concern I have re. Kincaid so far is he is struggling with his route depths. 

Kincaid doesn't struggle with route depths...the route depths are struggling with Kincaid!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And he should be getting slightly deeper than he is on some of them.

Yeah, it's not egregious but I have noticed several occasions where driving another yard or two downfield would have made a significant difference in the play outcome.

Maybe he's uses to playing with college QB's that need bigger windows to squeeze throws in and this is just an adjustment period playing with Allen.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

Yeah, it's not egregious but I have noticed several occasions where driving another yard or two downfield would have made a significant difference in the play outcome.

Maybe he's uses to playing with college QB's that need bigger windows to squeeze throws in and this is just an adjustment period playing with Allen.

To me he looks like he is just a bit over eager and is coming up a bit early. 

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

not as a receiver.  4 for 26 yards.

looks more like the check down receiver though--hangs out by the sideline, looks back for a short pass, gets drilled.

Yes that is definitely how they have used him for the most part so far. But I think he would be in a better position to break one if he was getting to the right depth. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

To me he looks like he is just a bit over eager and is coming up a bit early. 

So you're suggesting it's a Frankie Goes to Hollywood issue?

Relax, don't do it, when you want to cut....

• Haha (+1) 4

44 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

When Dorsey leaves…

Problem I believe is Davis and Knox haven’t developed into that 2nd option they hoped for. Now it’s politics. Davis and Knox are popular players. Allen wants Davis to eat but he just doesn’t get open enough. He’s a play killer. But Allen finds him on broken plays mostly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Simon said:

With Allen throwing at him he should WANT to get a little deeper so he doesn’t get his fingers broken! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 9/29/2023 at 9:17 AM, arcane said:

And on Ben utilizing personnel - Detroit traded a good RB for a late round pick and then spent pick 12 on a RB, who they refuse to use in place of a JAG free agent signing 

Me trying to determine what JAG means since I doubt it was a jaguars free agent RB.

I feel old, and I don't wanna look it up.

I got this... Just don't have it yet.

Edit - just as good?

Just now, Kaenon said:

Me trying to determine what JAG means since I doubt it was a jaguars free agent RB.

Edited by Kaenon

5 minutes ago, Kaenon said:

Edit - just as good?

It means "just a guy." Not a particularly special player, just another RB, which is what Montgomery is

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Problem I believe is Davis and Knox haven’t developed into that 2nd option they hoped for. Now it’s politics. Davis and Knox are popular players. Allen wants Davis to eat but he just doesn’t get open enough. He’s a play killer. But Allen finds him on broken plays mostly.

Totally agree. This offense is scoring, but it doesn’t look easy and still requires Allen to be a hero half the time. Play design seems suspect. Receivers to close to one another. Too many long developing plays when f’d get constant pressure. Year two the offense shouldn’t look this disjointed at this point. It’s functioning but not as efficient as it should be.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.