Week 4, Bills favored by 3 over Dolphins

Chaos

7 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

At least we don't have to contend with Skylar again.

I still don't know if his performance against the bills in the playoffs last year give him credit, discredits Tua or just shows that McDaniel has designed an offense that is just really good (or any combination of the three including all of the above).

Edited by The Wiz

6 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Comfortable with? No .

Do I think that's the most realistic option of beating the Phins this weekend? Yes. 

I struggle with this. Our D line is a lot better than then, and heading into this game we've got the best cover/ secondary we've had in several outings. 

Game 1 last year we played them very well defensively. They still got in their splash plays via the air, but basically shut them down. Our secondary was a mediocre crew w all the injury. Blew the game w a lot of other mistakes. Game 2 they had 188 on the ground and we almost lost. Again, the problem is if you"let" them run they have RBs who can break big plays as quickly as the pass. 

I don't think we basically let them do anything. Not like we stack the box.  Have to be balanced , trust our guys. I think our base nickel / typical D favors us .... honestly the things we've been doing are our best bet; masked coverages, mostly run blitzes, an occasional extra rusher, but mainly counting on our base 4.

Our ends like Floyd and Groot are so long limbed. Get those hands up. 

As crazy as it sounds, I like our D in this game. Despite the fact the Phins have had some success against us, we surprisingly match up very well. 

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

I get what your saying.

I just think I rather see Tua sitting on the sidelines for much of the game.

The only reason I'd want the defense out there more is to rack up defensive stats but I am happy if they play so little that all the experts discount the defense as being dominant due to our offense being so dominant that it's inconceivable that a team with our qb can have a defense equally as dominant.  It's always nice to have a defense that is not taken seriously.  

Yeah no duh sherlock, we want Tua off the field as much as possible. But let's face facts: the Dolphins have at least two weapons who can take it to the house if they get deep. And likely they will at least once because it's hard to stop all game. TOP means nothing if the Dolphins score a TD every 7 seconds. 

The more times Tua has to rely on a quick timing route is another chance for the route to be jumped. Force them to do it perfectly.

40 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I still don't know if his performance against the bills in the playoffs last year give him credit, discredits Tua or just shows that McDaniel has designed an offense that is just really good (or any combination of the three including all of the above).

Thompson was 18 /45 for 220 yards with 1 TD and 2 Int in that playoff game. The entire Dolphin offense had 231 total yards.  I really don't think Thompson's performance in that game did anything to discredit Tua.

When he’s as good as he is, he can talk his ***** it’s up to bills mafia to show him different

11 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Yeah no duh sherlock, we want Tua off the field as much as possible. But let's face facts: the Dolphins have at least two weapons who can take it to the house if they get deep. And likely they will at least once because it's hard to stop all game. TOP means nothing if the Dolphins score a TD every 7 seconds. 

The more times Tua has to rely on a quick timing route is another chance for the route to be jumped. Force them to do it perfectly.

tua is a timing quarterback if he’s sitting on the sidelines while we run it down their throat and score a touchdown. Every time it will affect him.

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

Thompson was 18 /45 for 220 yards with 1 TD and 2 Int in that playoff game. The entire Dolphin offense had 231 total yards.  I really don't think Thompson's performance in that game did anything to discredit Tua.

Well the stats are interesting for sure.  For as close of a game as it was, I guess it was more of the Bills just shooting themselves in the foot then because it felt like Miami was always moving the ball on us.

34 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Well the stats are interesting for sure.  For as close of a game as it was, I guess it was more of the Bills just shooting themselves in the foot then because it felt like Miami was always moving the ball on us.

Definitely it was the Bill's shooting themselves in the foot.  Two ints, a fumble returned for a touchdown, and a 50 yard punt return were the only reasons the Dolphins were in the game

Edited by Billy Claude
  • Like (+1) 1

Defensive line needs to crash down on Miami's OL right up the middle. They have a lot of "where is the ball" trickery behind the line of scrimmage. Shovel passes, fake handoffs. Saw a lot of underhanded pitches to the running back running to the left. Nice thing about scoring 70 is they put a lot of their gimmicky stuff on tape. Denver couldn't stop any of it. I'm really surprised how bad Denver's secondary was. Receivers were given too much cushion on short routes and it was very easy to find soft spots down the field. Epically bad D the Broncos have.

On offense, the deep ball is going to be available. Denver was hitting a lot of deep passes. Saw 2 nice long balls that were stripped from the WR and recovered by Miami. The Denver run game was actually pretty decent too. Denver easily could have scored over 30 but three really bad turnovers hurts.

Bills take care of the ball, they win this game handily.  Put some pressure on Tua. Play a nice balanced game on offense and Miami leaves Buffalo with a whimper.

• Agree 1

Miami is gonna be in for a rude awakening when they realize they aren’t facing a sh*tty Broncos defense. All 3 of our corners are playing lights out. QBs have a 35 QBR when throwing against Taron Johnson.  Terrell Bernard has been tremendous so far and an upgrade over Tremaine Edmunds which is the story of the season to me. Milano is mister consistent and the best player on this defense when Von Miller isn’t healthy. McD/Beane’s philosophy of a heavily rotated D-line seems to finally have come to fruition heavily boosted by the Leonard Floyd signing (3.5 sacks thus far.) I am extremely excited to finally face a legit contender so I can really see what this defense is made of. Miami def ain’t scoring 70 on us. I think they hit 24. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.