Week 4, Bills favored by 3 over Dolphins

Chaos

Was watching another breakdown of our game against the Commanders and the analyst made a great point about a personnel grouping that the Bills have that could easily tip our hand and make it easier for teams to defend plays unless Dorsey makes some course-corrections.

He noted that Dalton Kincaid was in on 35 snaps and the Bills only ran out of those on 6 plays. If I am a DC I would have my units heavily leaning into playing pass whenever I see 86 in the game. So that is a tendency they need to correct before taking on Miami or the Bills lose a lot of what makes 12 personnel so versatile, keeping defenses off balance, and able to keep pass rushers in check.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Comfortable with? No .

Do I think that's the most realistic option of beating the Phins this weekend? Yes. 

First, why are you expecting the defense we played in 2020 to show up Sunday against Miami?  I am 100% certain that Edmunds would not be allowed to dress for the game on Sunday as a Bill when he is a Bear now.  And while I don't recall all the rosteted players from 2020 to this teams roster I'm again 100% certain we have a few other differences in personnel on defense.  Heck even the players that played in 2020 are different just on basis that life changes everyone constantly over time.  So what we get on Sunday won't be known until they have played.

However this theory of yours may explain why Josh and the offense is not incorporating more screens and utilizing our 2 TE's more.  Once Josh sees the Dolphins in their uniforms he gets dazed and has flashbacks to the effort Charles Clay put in to end his first season.  

Now we just have to figure out how to erase that from his memory and then our offense will be better.

Edited by AuntieEm

20 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Will Jaylen Waddle Play in Week 4?

Miami Dolphins head coach Mike McDaniel said Tuesday that Waddle will participate in the day’s practice.

“He will practice today,” McDaniel said. “He’ll have a full practice and upon the results of that we’ll officially or unofficially clear him from the [concussion] protocol.”

Waddle suffered a concussion in the fourth quarter of Miami’s Week 2 game against the Patriots. He returned to practice for the first time last Friday and was listed as questionable on the Dolphins’ Friday injury report before ultimately being ruled out for the Week 3 game against Denver.

Having Waddle back would be beneficial to say the least. He has tallied eight catches for 164 yards so far this season and is ranked as the NFL’s 18th-best wide receiver by Pro Football Network. Waddle is still the Dolphins’ second-leading receiver behind Hill despite missing last week’s win.

Ummm what?

Unofficially clear him?  Does he mean clear him even if he's still has symptoms?  Feel like that didn't work out for them last time they did it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I’m sure this has already been pointed but here it goes again… Washington hung 30 something on Denver in the second half of that game and look what we did to Washington so the Dolphins should pump the brakes  a tad on there 70 points… I’m not impressed in the least…. Go Bills….

28 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Will Jaylen Waddle Play in Week 4?

Miami Dolphins head coach Mike McDaniel said Tuesday that Waddle will participate in the day’s practice.

“He will practice today,” McDaniel said. “He’ll have a full practice and upon the results of that we’ll officially or unofficially clear him from the [concussion] protocol.”

Waddle suffered a concussion in the fourth quarter of Miami’s Week 2 game against the Patriots. He returned to practice for the first time last Friday and was listed as questionable on the Dolphins’ Friday injury report before ultimately being ruled out for the Week 3 game against Denver.

Having Waddle back would be beneficial to say the least. He has tallied eight catches for 164 yards so far this season and is ranked as the NFL’s 18th-best wide receiver by Pro Football Network. Waddle is still the Dolphins’ second-leading receiver behind Hill despite missing last week’s win.

I thought coaches could just say that players are working through the protocol the whole thing is supposed to be independent from him right?

NFL game preview:

1 hour ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Against Miami, it seems like the bills get week one Josh Allen. Seems like he doesn't take them as serious or just wants big plays and gets bored

Miami scoring 70 last week might have been a reason for allen to lock in this coming week 

What is this crap and where is it coming from?  There is absolutely NO evidence Josh doesn’t take every game and week of preparation seriously, and we don’t need bull-shite like this on the forum.

Josh gets frustrated — not “bored” — during games when he feels like he needs to make a play for his team.  It is his intense competitiveness and not a lack of interest that sometimes gets him into trouble.

• Like (+1) 8

2 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Against Miami, it seems like the bills get week one Josh Allen. Seems like he doesn't take them as serious or just wants big plays and gets bored

Miami scoring 70 last week might have been a reason for allen to lock in this coming week 

Historically, he’s owned the Dolphins in his career and seemed to get up the most for them. Granted those times were under Gase and Flores, but they should still be counted. He played pretty damn well in their home game against the Dolphins last year. The game will likely be close and tense, but I’m not worried one bit about Josh in a matchup against the dolphins. He’ll show up. 

Edit: Just went back and looked at the heat game last year…aside from a few frantic moments, he played great in that game too. I can’t put any merit into the notion that Josh is bored or doesn’t take the fins seriously. 

Edited by Blank Stare
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

First, why are you expecting the defense we played in 2020 to show up Sunday against Miami?  I am 100% certain that Edmunds would not be allowed to dress for the game on Sunday as a Bill when he is a Bear now.  And while I don't recall all the rosteted players from 2020 to this teams roster I'm again 100% certain we have a few other differences in personnel on defense.  Heck even the players that played in 2020 are different just on basis that life changes everyone constantly over time.  So what we get on Sunday won't be known until they have played.

However this theory of yours may explain why Josh and the offense is not incorporating more screens and utilizing our 2 TE's more.  Once Josh sees the Dolphins in their uniforms he gets dazed and has flashbacks to the effort Charles Clay put in to end his first season.  

Now we just have to figure out how to erase that from his memory and then our offense will be better.

...sir, this is a Wendys

But seriously, my point stands at this: I truly think that the best chance the Bills have is to play the Dolphins like we have previously. We take away the deep bomb as much as possible and force underneath throws. We will likely get annoying drives, but try to force them to settle for field goals and trust our offense.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NyQuil said:

The set up of their field is a joke and it’s borderline criminal to have 1pm games there in September and October.

That being said I’m available to travel with the Bills to Miami next year to start IVs on players when the NFL. Schedule the Bills there on week three.

And they always wear white on white for their home 1:00 games in September, forcing the opposing team to play in dark colors while baking in the sun for 3+ hours.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.