Who's going to the game tomorrow?

ProcessTruster

2 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

All I know is that since January of 2021, virtually EVERYTHING I buy has gone up in price about 20-50%, and some things even higher. Can't figure out what changed around that time. I imagine football tiks and food costs at big time sporting events got caught up in the same wave. 😉

just some transitory inflation, nothing to get worked up over.

2 hours ago, Augie said:

This is bizarre, but I have been sitting here with my wife watching Aerial Argentina in 4k waiting for the OSU vs ND game. Her sister has been with a guy from Argentina forever. 

If the man si fron Argentina he mus be a good guy 😀

1 minute ago, Gonzonzo said:

If the man si fron Argentina he mus be a good guy 😀

This one is more than good after a couple decades. 

I’m sure everyone has a hierarchy of relatives you would like to be trapped in a small place with. He’s a great guy. 

1 hour ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Wanted to go, but didn’t want to be out in the rain all game long. To everyone that is going, have fun!

Yeah, same here.  It's a few hours for me to get there.  Then dealing with everything.  My daughter wanted to go with me but they wouldn't let her off work.  

Now it looks like likely on/off rain throughout the game.  

Tix are cheap though, good ones too, on our side of the field.  

Tough gig going by oneself for that long.  I might try Philly.  I'm curious if the fans are really that bad there to opposing fans.  I've heard it's gotten much better in recent years.  

• Like (+1) 1

Was hoping the media's hype of this tropical storm was going to lead to people dumping their tickets. Ophelia already passed over us in SE Virginia and if we hadn't gotten emergency alerts on phones Friday, we would have just assumed it was a very rainy day today. I have no doubt it will be rainy in MD, but it won't be the monster the Weather Channel was hoping it would be. 

The resale market for tickets are insane. You can poo poo it. You can debate the causes, but it's a fact. Kudos to whoever bought the $1500 tickets behind the visiting bench. Was sure they'd be the last to go. It's mind blowing that people can afford that in this economy. But then again, I am confounded how one can order Door Dash when the cost of food has never been higher. 

Edited by benderbender
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Augie said:

Are you free to drive him to Argentina if he misses his flight? We are, like, good neighbors and all that, after all. 

Not with the price of gas and I am not a pilot...although I play one on TV...so flying him back is out. If I can procure a row boat, I'll see what I can do. :devil:

14 hours ago, Gonzonzo said:

I AM going to Dress a maid of mist blue poncho! 

My English is "no bueno" soy sorry in avance hahaha

I prefer the one who have the jet drove me Home if can chose....

I will be in a long sleeve blue Bills shirt & tan khaki shorts. 😁

Edited by ExWNYer

6 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Yeah, same here.  It's a few hours for me to get there.  Then dealing with everything.  My daughter wanted to go with me but they wouldn't let her off work.  

Now it looks like likely on/off rain throughout the game.  

Tix are cheap though, good ones too, on our side of the field.  

Tough gig going by oneself for that long.  I might try Philly.  I'm curious if the fans are really that bad there to opposing fans.  I've heard it's gotten much better in recent years.  

It’s a little over an hour drive for us. My son and I kept checking ticket prices throughout the week, but once we saw the weather reports, we decided against going.

I took my son to see the Bills vs Jets in NJ in 2021, and we didn’t wear our Bills gear just avoid idiot fans. After going to game 2 of the Eastern Conference finals in DC (Sabres vs Capitals, 1998) and having an A-hole (who had his little girl in the front seat) try to run me and my wife off the road in his full sized SUV because he saw my Sabres jersey, I quit wearing Bills and Sabres attire for away games.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

What do you use for connectivity? 

We use a hot spot puck for internet service, 

• Like (+1) 1

I read that the DC Bills Backers bought 409 tickets that were all distributed to Bills fans.  I think there is going to be a very vocal Buffalo contingent in the stands, although fans in Washington are finally back on the bandwagon with Snyder gone and the team off to a good start.  Should be a fun atmosphere.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.