We will never win anything with McD here

HomeskillitMoorman

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

In which case McDermott would have gone through 3 offensive coordinators, 1 defensive coordinator, and 1 special teams coordinator, as head coach.

At what point does the onus fall on him?

Pegula loves him. I’ve mentioned it in other topic threads. I think it’ll will take two years of double digit loss seasons to have Pegula seriously consider removing McD. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, LifeLongBillsFan said:

Allen played to win?  When?

At exactly what point was he actually trying to win? 

I’d say 1st down at the Jets 38 up 7 with 5 minutes to go. McDermott was content to get 5-9 yards and kick a FG. Allen went rogue. Not on McD. That’s on Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

I genuinely wonder if we would get rid of Dorsey mid season, or even early in the season.

I wouldn't have thought we would, but it might become a necessity.

This team is SLOPPY and that's all on coaching.

We were crazy sloppy all year in 2022 under Dorsey.  We look discombobulated, even at our best.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Chugga said:

I’ve said it 50 times and I’ll say it 50 more.  13 seconds was our super bowl.  That was our game.  That was our year.  With every passing day that we get farther away from 13 seconds the more it haunts me.  We’ve done nothing to better ourselves from that game. 

I knew it in my heart that night.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Chugga said:

I’ve said it 50 times and I’ll say it 50 more.  13 seconds was our super bowl.  That was our game.  That was our year.  With every passing day that we get farther away from 13 seconds the more it haunts me.  We’ve done nothing to better ourselves from that game. 

McDermott should've been fired immediately after 13 seconds.  I said right after the game that McD was destined to be fired by the Bills; the only question was whether the Pegulas would waste 5-8 years before firing him, or whether they would move on right away and hopefully find an innovative, ballsy, non-choking coach.  They chose to waste years.  Sigh.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

This team is a mess and it's in decline. Undisciplined, weak-minded, and with no real idea on how to use their talent. 

The guy has got to go. 

If Michigan hires or poached him I don’t really care.  At this point he’s worn out his welcome here.  I wish him the best of luck in his future ventures in the college ranks but in the NFL he’s just not it anymore.  

5 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I knew it in my heart that night.

Praying every night since then that McDermott was hired and poached by college programs.  Teams now entering a free fall and doesn’t have anywhere to go but down.  In my heart McDermott was a frat boy legacy hire and that’s all he’s ever been in my honest opinion.  

36 minutes ago, harryS said:

McDermott should've been fired immediately after 13 seconds.  I said right after the game that McD was destined to be fired by the Bills; the only question was whether the Pegulas would waste 5-8 years before firing him, or whether they would move on right away and hopefully find an innovative, ballsy, non-choking coach.  They chose to waste years.  Sigh.

Agreed he was a frat boy legacy hire.  And, that’s why he got a job over Frank Reich.  Makes you wonder how Reich would’ve looked with what Beane has given and gotten for McDermott.  

8 hours ago, BeastMaster said:

I called for McDermott to go after the 13 second debacle

I have reiterated this every season since because he doesn't have it

Come to terms with being a pretender as long as this staff is running things

Josh has an awful game while the rest of the team plays just fine and you find a way to blame the head coach. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.