Same energy as the last few years?

Kirby Jackson

I try to never get too high or too low. I’ll be the first to admit the Buffalo team opening week last year was without a doubt a Super Bowl squad. That sadly was probably the best complete game they played all year. 
Since Allen has arrived I basically am satisfied with the fact they should be in every game and are capable of beating anyone. 

From what I have noticed I think Bills fans are just mostly over the regular season or traumatized with getting too hyped over the regular season successes and then failing in the playoffs. There’s only one cure for this stuff. 

I think there's a nervousness - are the Bills refreshed? Have they learned from the issues from last season? Will they be able to respond to setbacks? Things feel fragile because the Bills were fragile against the Bengals whilst the first teamer performance against the Steelers, albeit in a pre-season affair, would not have increased confidence or hope. Turn up as they did on August 19th and tonight could be an unpleasant blowout. Play to their best, and it'll be 1-0.

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Like (+1) 1

My expectations are lower. Before 13 seconds, the SB seemed to be right there for the Bills. After that debacle, and the way last season ended--it's only natural to temper hopes until we see how they look. There is also the concern that other teams in the division/conference have caught up-- or passed them. We shall see.

26 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I try to never get too high or too low. I’ll be the first to admit the Buffalo team opening week last year was without a doubt a Super Bowl squad. That sadly was probably the best complete game they played all year. 
Since Allen has arrived I basically am satisfied with the fact they should be in every game and are capable of beating anyone. 

From what I have noticed I think Bills fans are just mostly over the regular season or traumatized with getting too hyped over the regular season successes and then failing in the playoffs. There’s only one cure for this stuff. 

Alcohol?

7 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I think there's a nervousness - are the Bills refreshed? Have they learned from the issues from last season? Will they be able to respond to setbacks? Things feel fragile because the Bills were fragile against the Bengals whilst the first teamer performance against the Steelers, albeit in a pre-season affair, would not have increased confidence or hope. Turn up as they did on August 19th and tonight could be an unpleasant blowout. Play to their best, and it'll be 1-0.

Always a nervousness for opening game, but a game played last January has zero effect on tonight. 

29 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Start following baseball ? 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Always a nervousness for opening game, but a game played last January has zero effect on tonight. 

Agreed, though similar signs against the Steelers - albeit pre season games should have zero effect tonight too - perhaps increases the nervousness somewhat.

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Agreed, though similar signs against the Steelers - albeit pre season games should have zero effect tonight too - perhaps increases the nervousness somewhat.

Sit back and enjoy. It’s a new season with Josh Allen, Diggs and Co. Even a 3-0 preseason wouldn’t mean a thing today . 

Going into last season it was the most hyped up and revved up I've ever seen Western New York going into a season....everywhere you went about the last two weeks leading into the season people were PUMPED.  It was cool and it was fun but ultimately after the way the season ended last year I think it would be impossible to replicate the feeling and energy everybody had going into last season.  I don't think it means people aren't excited for this season to get underway though, just has a different feeling than last year.  

This is probably the right attitude.  A few years ago we were the underdog.  The surprise team that took the league by storm.  That helps being the underdog.  Last year we were supposed to win it all (so we thought).  For a million reasons - that didn't happen.  Now people are expecting us to just be back in the pack.  Gives us a chance to play that underdog role again.  We're a good team.  We're a Super Bowl team.  But we have to scratch and claw our way there.  Nothing will be given to us this year.  Thats a good thing.  And barring significant injuries - we should be back in the AFC Championship game at a minimum.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.