Random talking head says something about the Bills

Simon

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

The Bills have a their own version of Mahomes, but can’t get it done. So I guess we have nothing to cover up 

In the words of a wise man. ‘Allen is not Mahomes. The Bills are not the Chiefs’ - Kyle Brandt. 

17 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I hope the adage Pride before the fall applies here. Pretty smug imo but could they be more accurate than one would think. I guess we’ll have to wait and see on that one. I guess the only real question is if this Claypool signing really is a joke or is Beane?

https://kckingdom.com/posts/bills-make-laughable-free-agent-wr-addition-01hwzg5a664y

Claypool is borderline to make the team. What are these guys talking about?

On 5/3/2024 at 11:24 PM, BigDingus said:

I don't hate Mahomes the person... I was too huge a fan in college to just start hating him like I hated Brady.

He's a good dude, even Josh likes him. The most I feel is hatred while the Bills are playing against him, but any other gripes I have come from the people surrounding him.

I thought he was a good dude, too, and I'm still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but his hissy fit over the Gronk throwback, and his trash talk after the KC victory over the Bills in the playoffs (crowing over Dawkins' comment about how hard it is to play in Buffalo) showed no class. It wouldn't have been hard to commend the Bills, comment over how close the game was despite the extreme number of Bills' injuries, his rivalry with Allen played, etc. Instead, it was all about how great he and the Chiefs were. Same after the SB. Compare to how gracious Allen has been after losing, which is tenfold harder. 

It's not easy to be adulated as deity. But I don't think he's handling his fame particularly well. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, 90sBills said:

In the words of a wise man. ‘Allen is not Mahomes. The Bills are not the Chiefs’ - Kyle Brandt. 

And you aren't really a Bills fan, but most likely a Chiefs fan or some other team, posing as a Bills fan over here. It's been obvious since day 1.

1 hour ago, Aimee75 said:

And you aren't really a Bills fan, but most likely a Chiefs fan or some other team, posing as a Bills fan over here. It's been obvious since day 1.

This again? In your world all Bills fans must think they’re the best always. Guess when you hear things you don’t like you lash out.

In the words of another great man. ‘You can’t handle the truth!’ - Jack Nicholson. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 90sBills said:

This again? In your world all Bills fans must think they’re the best always. Guess when you hear things you don’t like you lash out.

In the words of another great man. ‘You can’t handle the truth!’ - Jack Nicholson. 

Your "truth" has been coming into this forum, from day one, pretty obviously trolling. It's pretty easy to tell Bills fans(even the ones who have concerns/complain a lot) vs fans of other teams that come in here to troll. 

Edited by Aimee75

25 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

Your "truth" has been coming into this forum, from day one, pretty obviously trolling. It's pretty easy to tell Bills fans(even the ones who have concerns/complain a lot) vs fans of other teams that come in here to troll. 

I see you’re unable to pivot from this juvenile direction so I’ll let you be. I must say I am extremely flattered that you’ve noticed me ‘from day one’. Wow.

Have a great day!

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Sounds like Keon dodged a bullet!

Does it make Bills fans feel worse about the Coleman pick knowing that the Team that highly drafted N'Keal Harry and Tyquan Thorton wanted him?

4 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Does it make Bills fans feel worse about the Coleman pick knowing that the Team that highly drafted N'Keal Harry and Tyquan Thorton wanted him?

Nah. Former GM Bill Belichick* is long gone.

• Haha (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...

Early today on The Herd Cowherd’s sidekick Jason McIntyre (IIRC he’s a big Jets fan) was bashing Bflo’s 2024 outlook and specifically Poyer’s Josh comments and adding that Buffalo lost a lot of very good players and saying ‘is there a worse wr corp in the league?’ Plus mocking MVS and Claypool specifically.

So Cowherd said “what’s he (Poyer) supposed to say?” 

He also brought up weapons Kincaid and Knox.

And, ‘how do you know they didn’t replace (our cuts) them with great players in the draft?’

He kept saying to McIntyre “Buffalo is going to be fine.”

16 minutes ago, Watching since 1964 said:

Early today on The Herd Cowherd’s sidekick Jason McIntyre (IIRC he’s a big Jets fan) was bashing Bflo’s 2024 outlook and specifically Poyer’s Josh comments and adding that Buffalo lost a lot of very good players and saying ‘is there a worse wr corp in the league?’ Plus mocking MVS and Claypool specifically.

So Cowherd said “what’s he (Poyer) supposed to say?” 

He also brought up weapons Kincaid and Knox.

And, ‘how do you know they didn’t replace (our cuts) them with great players in the draft?’

He kept saying to McIntyre “Buffalo is going to be fine.”

Vegas has been more optimistic about Allen and the team since 2020 than the majority of the fan base.  The best qb in the AFC east is Allen by a wide margin. 

13 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Vegas has been more optimistic about Allen and the team since 2020 than the majority of the fan base.  The best qb in the AFC east is Allen by a wide margin. 

It seems highly unlikely that a team that has been very good for years will suddenly be mediocre. They'll win some and lose some, as always, and get to the playoffs. The big question is how they will perform there, The faults of every team are magnified if they don't go all the way, while those of the team that does win the championship are forgotten. The Chiefs were not championship caliber on offense last year. But they had near-perfect health and a terrific defense. That was just enough to beat the Bills, who almost won with a MASH unit of a defense and a washed-out prima donna WR. 

The Bills could easily--easily--have won the Super Bowl the past three years. If the Chiefs are injured instead of them, if Damar Hamlin doesn't get hurt, or if the coaches had not played a soft zone with 13 seconds left, the Bills would have three trophies. There's no mystery, no secret ingredient KC has that the Bills don't. It's just happenstance. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills won three of the next five SBs. 

In short, KC is way overrated and the Bills are way overrated. That's just how bias works. People assume winning is magic. It's not. Any of the top six teams can win it; all it takes is luck. 

7 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Watched football for over 30 years now, and I've found the teams with great quarterbacks seem to do just fine.   I am not sure the Chiefs had a true #1 wideout last year and they won a championship.  

As far as our WR group goes I'd argue that NE, Chargers, Green Bay, Atlanta, NO, and Arizona all have less or similar talent as the Bills.     The only spot I worry about being deficient at is QB. 

On 5/6/2024 at 12:29 PM, Bruffalo said:

Is it terrible that all I can think of when I read the name “Tyquan Thorton,” is the main character “Guybrush Threepwood” from “Escape from Monkey Island” video game fame? 🥴 @dollars 2 donuts, tell me I’m not the only one here who’s ever played that??

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 5/6/2024 at 11:29 AM, Bruffalo said:

Should it?  The de-facto GM who drafted N'Keal Harry and Tyquan Thorton is gone

On the other hand, Eliot Wolf, the current de-facto GM, was in NE as a consultant, then as Director of Scouting - unclear to me whether he was promoted before or after the draft.  So there is that.

4 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Watched football for over 30 years now, and I've found the teams with great quarterbacks seem to do just fine.   I am not sure the Chiefs had a true #1 wideout last year and they won a championship.  

#1 Wideout, No.

#1 Receiver, Yes

We have guys with potential, but they have to prove it.

Edited by Beck Water

13 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Is it terrible that all I can think of when I read the name “Tyquan Thorton,” is the main character “Guybrush Threepwood” from “Escape from Monkey Island” video game fame? 🥴 @dollars 2 donuts, tell me I’m not the only one here who’s ever played that??

In Tim Schafer we trust.  Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle say hi, too, let alone everything at his company Double Fine.

What a time, my friend.  What a golden age. 

• Thank you (+1) 1