Dalton Kincaid plays in his first game Monday

NewEra

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Physical presence, I guess.

Travis Kelce is 6'5", 256 lbs and ran a 4.61 40.
Dalton Kincaid is 6'4", 240 lbs and ran a 4.71 40.

I think that what makes Kincaid special is his brain and, as you said, his spatial awareness. I see him making a living making 8 yard catches in 3rd and 7, the way Ertz has for years. I DON'T see him regularly making huge downfield catches, being a RAC monster, or generally being the physical freak that it seems like Kelce/Gronk are/were.

This is only my opinion. I think he'll be a very good player, but I see him more as a technician and security blanket than as a gamebreaking big play threat. 

I think we put a little too much emphasis on the "pajama olympics" at times.

Josh Allen ran a 4.75 second 40 yd dash at the combine.  I think most LB and DB who have been tasked with bringing him down in the open field would say he plays faster than that. 

You're correct that Kincaid is a different TE coming out of college than Kelce was.  Kelce was noted as a run blocker!!!!! and had only one stellar season as a receiver.  Kincaid is not noted as a blocker at all. 

FWIW I found Kelce's draft profile which as you say lists him at 256.  The Chiefs and a couple of other sites list him at 250.

Guys can and do transform their bodies and impact their performance in the NFL.  I don't think the Bills want Kincaid to gain 15 lbs, but it wouldn't surprise me if they encourage him to try to add 5 or 10 lb of muscle and to "cheek up" as Josh did, in order to run faster.

Time will tell

Edited by Beck Water

38 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The numbers that people are posting for Kincaid are not realistic for a rookie player in his first NFL game

He’s going to be good this year a difference maker, even

Few highly rated tes drafted into as good a situation as Kincaid is in.  We don't need him to be the workhorse on offense we got plenty of weapons he just prevents opponents from doubling Diggs Davis Knox. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think we put a little too much emphasis on the "pajama olympics" at times.

Josh Allen ran a 4.75 second 40 yd dash at the combine.  I think most LB and DB who have been tasked with bringing him down in the open field would say he plays faster than that. 

You're correct that Kincaid is a different TE coming out of college than Kelce was.  Kelce was noted as a run blocker!!!!! and had only one stellar season as a receiver.  Kincaid is not noted as a blocker at all. 

FWIW I found Kelce's draft profile which as you say lists him at 256.  The Chiefs and a couple of other sites list him at 250.

Guys can and do transform their bodies and impact their performance in the NFL.  I don't think the Bills want Kincaid to gain 15 lbs, but it wouldn't surprise me if they encourage him to try to add 5 or 10 lb of muscle and to "cheek up" as Josh did, in order to run faster.

Time will tell

That’s just it. Kincaid didn’t even participate in the combine. Nor his pro day. 

this 40 time is bogus random internet fake news 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

This will be a momentous day in Bills history as it marks the first regular season game for our future HoF TE/WR Dalton Kincaid.  

I think he goes 5 catches 72 yards 1 TD

He deserves 8 targets minimum every game.  The more targets he gets, the better our offense will be.  This is the way

East there Chief!  LOL  

Seriously though, last season in both games, Allen had 34 completions on 61 attempts for 352 yards.  That's 5.8 YPA and 10.4 YPC.   and an average of 17 completions for 176 YPG.  The Jets D is not any worse.  Their O is improved, significantly.  

It would seem that if we're to win this game however, that type of receiving role is going to be well-utilized.  The more I look at the Jets and this game the more concerning it becomes.  

If we're going to win this game it would seem that two things are going to have to be on their A-game, first, our OL play, and secondly, Harty, Kincaid and whomever else is going to be on the short dumpoff game.  I don't see how we win this if we can't put up more than 20 though.  I see the Jets taking advantae of the middle of our D.  

And BTW, Diggs had 9.6 targets/game last season, next most was Davis at 6.  8's a lot.  

Edited by PBF81

16 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

East there Chief!  LOL  

Seriously though, last season in both games, Allen had 34 completions on 61 attempts for 352 yards.  That's 5.8 YPA and 10.4 YPC.   and an average of 17 completions for 176 YPG.  The Jets D is not any worse.  Their O is improved, significantly.  

It would seem that if we're to win this game however, that type of receiving role is going to be well-utilized.  The more I look at the Jets and this game the more concerning it becomes.  

If we're going to win this game it would seem that two things are going to have to be on their A-game, first, our OL play, and secondly, Harty, Kincaid and whomever else is going to be on the short dumpoff game.  I don't see how we win this if we can't put up more than 20 though.  I see the Jets taking advantae of the middle of our D.  

And BTW, Diggs had 9.6 targets/game last season, next most was Davis at 6.  8's a lot.  

Yeah…. I saw the games last year. So what?  What does this have to do with Dalton Kincaid?  He isn’t incapable of 5-72-1?  LOL.  

I’m not naive enough to think that we can’t improve and find a way to attack their D.   It’s a football game.  It’s not played in the past.  It’s a new season.  New teams.  Tweaks and changes on both teams.   Two new OGs who look to be upgraded.  A force of nature TE/slot weapon.  Sherfield looks solid and is a run blocking demon.  Harty has true speed and can take the top off.  Cook >>> Singletary.  

we have Josh allen.  Our offense has a chance to explode vs any team in the league.  

thanks, I realized that.  And to my point, you don’t think Kincaid is worthy of averaging 2 more targets per game than Gabe Davis?  You know he is.  That said, I don’t expect 8 targets per game. I said he deserves it

Everyone loves to twist peoples words around to suit their agenda.  What is your point in this discussion thread about Dalton Kincaid?  Going down on the Jets.  In a thread about Dalton Kincaid.  

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, balln said:

That’s just it. Kincaid didn’t even participate in the combine. Nor his pro day. 

this 40 time is bogus random internet fake news 

Kincaid said if he was able to run at the combine/pro day, his forty “would’ve been in the 4.5s.” Can’t remember where I saw that interview, but that’s his quote. Not sure where the 4.7 time is coming from.

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Kincaid said if he was able to run at the combine/pro day, his forty “would’ve been in the 4.5s.” Can’t remember where I saw that interview, but that’s his quote. Not sure where the 4.7 time is coming from.

Chris simms was asked what he thot he ran. And he said from watching tape. 4.5s

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

I’m not naive enough to think that we can’t improve and find a way to attack their D.   

It’s a football game.  It’s not played in the past.  It’s a new season.  New teams.  Tweaks and changes on both teams.   Two new OGs who look to be upgraded. 

Boy, someone's testy this evening.  LOL 

Hence why I said OL play and our short passing game, including Harty & Kincaid will be key.  

It's not played in the past, but if Dorsey doesn't change things up, why would you expect a different outcome?  Simply because we have some new players isn't going to do it all by itself.  

You just want to argue, sheesh!  

Forget I said anything then.  

Yikes!!

13 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Boy, someone's testy this evening.  LOL 

Hence why I said OL play and our short passing game, including Harty & Kincaid will be key.  

It's not played in the past, but if Dorsey doesn't change things up, why would you expect a different outcome?  Simply because we have some new players isn't going to do it all by itself.  

You just want to argue, sheesh!  

Forget I said anything then.  

Yikes!!

I’ll ask again…… what does this have to do with Dalton Kincaid?

• Thank you (+1) 1

I have no idea where this 4.71, 40 time is coming from.  He didn't participate in the Combine and he didn't run at his Pro Day either.  This is a completely made up number.  In fact, because he didn't run, he was asked in an interview shortly after he was drafted what his time would have been had he run and he himself said it would have been 4.5-4.55.  So, he is a mid 4.5 guy based on his own training times and if you watch the guy's film from college, that is exactly what it looks like on tape.  So, ignore this made up time of 4.71.

Regardless of his speed, what makes his special is his footwork and his power out of his breaks.  That is where he creates his separation.  Sure, the speed will help him get more RAC, but it is not the reason he gets open.  His hips and ankles, combined with how low he can get out of his breaks, and then this burst out of his breaks is what is going to get him open, especially against LBs that can't move real well.  As long as he stays healthy in his career, I have no doubt that he will be the best TE this team has ever had.  We've never had a guy at this position that moves like he does.  The bar isn't high to be the best in team history, but not only do I think he will be the best pass catching TE we've ever had, but with Allen as his QB, he has a chance to be an all time great with his combination of size, speed, route running, and catching ability.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, PBF81 said:

I thought it was pretty clear.  

Here's a clue, look for the name "Kincaid," you should see the answer to your question.  

No.  It’s not clear at all.  It seems that you’re just trying to railroad the fun with your sadness

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.