I noticed that there’s some national pundits that aren’t even picking the Bills for the play-offs.

Tipster19

6 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

When I first started seeing that some were questioning how good the Bills are and how they may fare in the play-offs my thoughts were to scoff and be defensive. Now I see a small number of them are even predicting that the Bills aren’t even going to make the play-offs. The Jets, and Miami is closely behind them, are gathering momentum as the hot flavor of the month. This started me to wonder if there could be any truth to any of this. Although the Jets are vastly improved and have given us tough games throughout the years there’s only 2 of their players that concern me and that is Quinnen Williams and CJ Mosley. 

I started to buy in that there is could be something to this and it caused great doubt and concern in my thoughts of the Bills but then I remembered this. I saw an an interview with Josh Allen and he said that throughout whatever controversy/controversies (Diggs I think mostly?) that the kind of men that they have in the locker room he has confidence in them. This made a lot of sense when I thought about it. Too many people are talking about the Jets, including themselves. Who the freak are the Jets??!!! What I like the most  is I don’t hear the Bills saying crap! I’m trying my hardest to keep this PG! Come Monday let’s see who really is the tough guys! 

Go Bills!

I was reading PFT group plying their Crystal balls

I was looking twice because most did not even pick Bills at 7 for AFC.

ITS ON

3 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

Well said. It really comes down to how soon we can get Tre off the field. He is lost and wimpy. His injury just makes it 100% worse.

With benford and Elam/Dane combo we will be fine! Tre will get cooked... again.

stop

fullstop.

3 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Have you ordered anyone to get off your lawn yet?  

That's the real true test!  

someone should call the parents ! Its an outrage I tell ya
 Thats what i do.

Well i call my wife. and tell her to tell them.
not as affective as hoped

So back to 

Shaking my fist ,and yelling at Clouds

• Haha (+1) 1

It's certainly possible the Bills miss the playoffs. I think we will take the division still.  Other AFC teams have caught up.  Every year a team that made the playoffs the year before does not make it the next year.  I don't think that will be the Bills. My bet is it will be Miami.

I don't know what will happen.  What I do know is that I don't care what "pundits" say.  I can't wait for football and I will enjoy every game, win or lose.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1

Just now, Xwnyer said:

One game at a time!  Would love to see us dismantle the Jets on Monday night BUT i think their D gives us more grief than our D gives theirs.   They have an effective running game and last year beat us with Zack Wilson as QB

one game at a time means ? Dont project LOL.
Bills can kick their tails

and the converse as well.

On any Sunday !! oops

Well Monday then !

Go Bills

3 hours ago, DCofNC said:

The AFC is no joke, this team cannot afford to stumble out of the gate or it’s going to be a tough mountain to climb back into contention.  There’s a lot of reason for concern about the D and a lot of unanswered questions on the offensive side as well.  The one big reason I believe the team will make the playoffs is #17 still plays here.

Indeed, the AFC is no joke, but for the first time in what, 23 years, the division is no joke either.  

This season is going to be a referendum on several things, coaching among them, from McD through his imported from Carolina undistinguished assistants.  I'm not saying that they're not going to cut it, but if they don't, I don't see the optics on that playing out very well at season's end. 

Miami's overrated IMO and far too reliant upon a QB that has yet in three seasons started more than 13 games with an overall starting rate of 68%, about two-thirds.  He's also had his bell rung more than anyone should.  I discount them winning the division but not causing problems for divisional rivals.  Also, let's not forget that they nearly beat us in our own house in the playoffs with a 7th-round rookie QB.  New England should be marginally better this season, and if Jones for some reason manages to take a decent step, they could make the playoffs. 

The Jets are the team to watch.  We share the same schedule with them except that we play Cincy, Jax, and Tampa, while they play Cleveland, Houston, and Atlanta.  The Tampa/Atlanta difference is a wash, but otherwise they have a two-game advantage in the schedule. 

This forthcoming game is key as is the series.  

Again, they beat us once last season with Zach Wilson at QB, w/o Cook & Hall, and with Wilson as a rookie.  Now they have Rodgers, who no matter how it's sliced, is better than Wilson, Wilson (WR) in his second season, and Cook & Hall.  They also played tenacious D against us at home in Buffalo, and held us to season worsts in several cats.  We won but it wasn't pretty.  Of 12 non-knee drives, four resulted in negative yards, one of those four in a safety, three more were 8 yards or fewer, 8 of 12 were punts, half were 3 plays.  

Our first five drives in that home game were punts, three were 3-and-outs.  Two were negative yards.  

McD had better have something besides what he brought to the Jets last season up his sleeve if we're going to win this one.  

If we do manage to lose, the Jets have to be considered the favorites to win the division at that point.  

Edited by PBF81

6 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'm not either. I was really torn between my heart and gut feeling but can't go against natural instinct anymore and hold on to delusions that this team is a SB contender anymore. The sad thing is that in hindsight they never were and there's a reason why they have been bounced out of the divisional round 2 years in a row by superior teams.

Best case is if this team does crash and burn this year Terry Pegula gets real angry and impulsive and dumps both McD/Beane for a wartime regime especially with the bad taste in his mouth for millions of out of pocket overrages for the new stadium.

The dolphins win the East, AFC and SB. Amiright?

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

The dolphins win the East, AFC and SB. Amiright?

I know you're screwing with him, but part of me is starting to think that the Fins are the least likely to make the playoffs this season.  

They've got two good WRs but after that not so much.  If White or Thompson has to fill in again, they'll likely be in trouble.  The odds of that happening are favorable.  

3 hours ago, k2mountain said:

Long time lurker, recent poster here.

Are you the one who was outed as a Miami fan? https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/240015-tua-impressing-in-miami/

Yes, he/she/it is.

I'm a GMFB fan, and yesterday they made their predictions.   All of them had the Bills in the playoffs.  Jason and Peter picked the Jets to win the division while Jamie and Kyle had the Bills taking the division.   They picked either the Chiefs or Bengals to go to the SB.  None picked Miami

The analyst who now does the power rankings for NFLN ranked the Bills #5 early in the preseason and #3 most recently.

IIRC, the Vegas oddsmakers still make the Bills the favorite to win the division.   Not all "experts" think the Bills are also-rans.

• Thank you (+1) 1

What surprised me today was seeing even Simms doesn't have the Bills making the playoffs.  My Boy Blue I guess is last year's moniker.

I think how they play on Monday will go a long way to refuting or confirming opinions.  It is definitely a stiff test to start the season.

10 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'm not either. I was really torn between my heart and gut feeling but can't go against natural instinct anymore and hold on to delusions that this team is a SB contender anymore. The sad thing is that in hindsight they never were and there's a reason why they have been bounced out of the divisional round 2 years in a row by superior teams.

Best case is if this team does crash and burn this year Terry Pegula gets real angry and impulsive and dumps both McD/Beane for a wartime regime especially with the bad taste in his mouth for millions of out of pocket overrages for the new stadium.

This is a great blueprint to go back to if anyone is in need of material  for a suicide note.

• Haha (+1) 2

Remember how buffalo finished 13-3 last year, all their losses by a combined 8 points.  All the losses could have and should have been wins if they didn’t shoot themselves in the foot, all with a first year OC and a roster depleted with injuries?   All while upgrading what little weaknesses they had in the offseason!  Yeah…. I think they’ll be just fine.  

• Like (+1) 4

14 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

Too many people are talking about the Jets, including themselves. Who the freak are the Jets??!!! What I like the most  is I don’t hear the Bills saying crap! I’m trying my hardest to keep this PG! Come Monday let’s see who really is the tough guys! 

Go Bills!

The Jets beat us by 3 points and lost to us by 4 points.  the games were very close...they had crap at the QB position.   They have a fantastic defense and now. a great QB.  I think our games against them are going to be super tough.  Their front seven have stopped the run very efficiently and made teams one dimensional.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The 2023 AFC East is going to be last years 2022 AFC West.

Rodgers = Russell Wilson

Tua = Lance/Garrapolo/Purdy

Mac Jones = Kyler Murray 

Allen = Mahomes 

Salah = Staley (defensive minded coach who can’t get over the hump.)

McDaniels = McDaniel (youngerish offensive minded coach who acts smarter than he is.)

Belichick = Hackett (that’s right will be forced out)

McDermott = Reid (control freak coach who takes ownership of defensive play calling duties, while still acting as HC). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

The 2023 AFC East is going to be last years 2022 AFC West.

Rodgers = Russell Wilson

Tua = Lance/Garrapolo/Purdy

Mac Jones = Kyler Murray 

Allen = Mahomes 

Salah = Staley (defensive minded coach who can’t get over the hump.)

McDaniels = McDaniel (youngerish offensive minded coach who acts smarter than he is.)

Belichick = Hackett (that’s right will be forced out)

McDermott = Reid (control freak coach who takes ownership of defensive play calling duties, while still acting as HC). 

I see it.  Would like to see Belicheck booted and the debates it brings

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

With regards to the Dolphins…. They seem to forget that the last time the Bills played a Fangio defense they had 534 yards of offense, 5 touchdowns, and two field goals. Fangio is a great coordinator, but no DC can actually stop a top QB that’s figured out a defensive scheme. 

But the talent on this Dolphins defense is very different than the one on that Broncos D that leaked 535 yards and 5 TDs

22 hours ago, wjag said:

What surprised me today was seeing even Simms doesn't have the Bills making the playoffs.  My Boy Blue I guess is last year's moniker.

I think how they play on Monday will go a long way to refuting or confirming opinions.  It is definitely a stiff test to start the season.

Its no small task. I kinda like that.
What do we have this year ?
Defining , No.

But as a fan , yea this is a milepost game

Go Bills

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

Its no small task. I kinda like that.
What do we have this year ?
Defining , No.

But as a fan , yea this is a milepost game

Go Bills

Last year we were the darlings after disposing of the SB champion and then wins against AFC Powerhouses Baltimore and Titans....The Miami last second loss put a damper and then the loss to the Jets put a skid and a lot of disbelief.   That is how it goes...

It was the same the prior season too...We were 3rd placed in the AFC and could be missing the playoffs with a potential loss to the Patriots...and then they had to reel of 5 straight wins to become the division champion

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/6/2023 at 11:58 AM, Tipster19 said:

When I first started seeing that some were questioning how good the Bills are and how they may fare in the play-offs my thoughts were to scoff and be defensive. Now I see a small number of them are even predicting that the Bills aren’t even going to make the play-offs. The Jets, and Miami is closely behind them, are gathering momentum as the hot flavor of the month. This started me to wonder if there could be any truth to any of this. Although the Jets are vastly improved and have given us tough games throughout the years there’s only 2 of their players that concern me and that is Quinnen Williams and CJ Mosley. 

I started to buy in that there is could be something to this and it caused great doubt and concern in my thoughts of the Bills but then I remembered this. I saw an an interview with Josh Allen and he said that throughout whatever controversy/controversies (Diggs I think mostly?) that the kind of men that they have in the locker room he has confidence in them. This made a lot of sense when I thought about it. Too many people are talking about the Jets, including themselves. Who the freak are the Jets??!!! What I like the most  is I don’t hear the Bills saying crap! I’m trying my hardest to keep this PG! Come Monday let’s see who really is the tough guys! 

Go Bills!

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.