What are your top TWO takeaways from the Bills-Steelers game?

Chaos

Offensive line cannot pass pro. Offensive line cannot run block.

17 minutes ago, ganesh said:

The steelers wanted it more...the Bills were treating it like a meaningless practice game.   It would have been good for the 1st team offense to have a TD and get off the field.  

The Bills defense is still its weak link and that continues to be exposed.  This is what happens when you have tied 15+M on the two safety positions.  

I didn’t like letting Edmunds walk. Many here will blast me for this, but he did what the coaching staff asked him too.

1a. They need a RT, whether Jason Peters or someone else. 

1b. Anthony Barr is a FA, maybe they should see if he can play MLB?

2. I know it's preseason, but they looked totally unprepared. Expected a vanilla game plan & going through the motions, but 13 penalties (when I stopped paying attention) were a huge concern. 

Hopefully all will be well, but just a big yikes yesterday.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Offensive line cannot pass pro. Offensive line cannot run block.

I didn’t like letting Edmunds walk. Many here will blast me for this, but he did what the coaching staff asked him too.

The bills would be far worse with edmunds and without whoever would be missing to fill edmunds cap hit

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Chaos said:

The bills would be far worse with edmunds and without whoever would be missing to fill edmunds cap hit

Lots of what ifs. We totally would have had to create space somehow- and your right, a hole may have been created elsewhere. Im not completely sure how that would have looked. Oh well, it is just pre season.

26 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Hot take. I actually felt this was possible before the injury.

Damar Hamlin is a starting safety in the NFL. Bills could’ve let Poyer walk.

I don't know before the injury. I thought he was replacement-level, at best. Hoping he proves me wrong! So far so good, I thought he was tackling very well. 

11 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

1    Dorsey needs to dial up a non stop short game featuring Kincaid, Cooke and ? With the obligatory long ball to Diggs/Hardy/Davis from time to time.

Quick hitters like the Rams game last year. Get Josh to deal to the playmakers and keep him safe for the first quarter of the season till the O line figures itself out and the team creates an identity.

2. Have the corners play man, on the line, when it’s 3rd down and jam the receivers , not allowing free release and pitch and catch.  

Regarding #2, I really love that the Bills still haven’t learned from 13-seconds, Justin Jefferson, the Bengals game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Radar said:

Playoff caliber team? Yes. Superbowl caliber? Don't personally think so nor did I last year. Not being a Debby Downer but merely saying what to me is reality. We've had holes in our defense and offense. A few elite players with some very good players and too many weak ones. Hopefully they improve the weak ones or we're a wildcard team.

Wild Card is a hope right now!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

1    Dorsey needs to dial up a non stop short game featuring Kincaid, Cooke and ? With the obligatory long ball to Diggs/Hardy/Davis from time to time.

Quick hitters like the Rams game last year. Get Josh to deal to the playmakers and keep him safe for the first quarter of the season till the O line figures itself out and the team creates an identity.

2. Have the corners play man, on the line, when it’s 3rd down and jam the receivers , not allowing free release and pitch and catch.  

Love it!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Officially concerned. It’s just a preseason game, I understand that, but how this game unfolded had a flavor to it that made it so off putting. It was wretched, and it felt exactly like a Bengals hangover. The same disarray and complete flatness just should not happen, even for a preseason game. We got punched in the mouth, AGAIN! Things have been off since the Miami playoff game. I have no idea what it is, can’t put my finger on it. 
While I still feel like we will squeeze out a playoff appearance, the vibe seems to have shifted and we’ve gone stale. Wasting Josh Allen. It’s partly due to McD and partly due to Beane not bringing in enough talent. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, transient said:

1. This thread is NOT about Barkley or it would have said FOUR GIVEAWAYS 

2. Too many people waste their time investing themselves in preseason football 

I invested my time and re-played the game several times.  #57 is a big bust.  I'd put Kingsley Jonathan on the field before him just for quickness & the ability to make plays

1. McDermott didn't have this team ready to play. It looked like a clown show.  Not what I expect to see from a super bowl contender. This happens too often and not just preseason.  I have always stood up for McD because I thought he was a good coach.  I am starting to second guess that.

2. Oline appears to still be a problem.  When you have a QB like Josh it should have been #1 priority but defense is always their priority for too many off seasons.

I'll add a third just for some positivity.

3.  Really liking the Kincaid pick

Edited by Scott7975
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.