Luke Combs Concerts

Never NEVER Give-up

I would think that Luke Combs tix will definitely be in demand since he's a major country music star with a long string of recent hits.  He's a 2 time CMA Entertainer of the Year.   I do wonder about having an outdoor concert in Highmark in April ... although I once stood in line for 2 hours in 10 degree temps to get an armband that enabled me to buy tix to a Garth Brooks concert back in the day.

If it was as hot as a Taylor Swift ticket this post would be littered with requests to have STHs buy early birds for them.

Factor in the subpar venue and compare to how this tour is selling at other venues and the 25%++ TM adds onto resales, and the location you can get before you buy as an investment.

i think all of the big country acts are in demand.  they have a bunch every summer at the cmac in canandaigua, and as far as i know they always sell out.  a couple of the guys linger in the area for a day or two as well.  i just love the stories about the hardcore drunkness.  i get all concerns have their issues, but the country shows are next level.

Couple thoughts on Luke Combs.... so he is a real star and is on a big tour.  Upcoming shows in the U.S. are at major ball parks and football stadiums.  Many of the tickets haven't gone on sale yet so it is hard to get an idea how much they will go for.  

Even though he is a star, I think the football stadiums will be relatively easy and inexpensive (relative term as all concerts are expensive now) to get tickets to.  No way he is close in popularity to other major acts on the stadium tour like Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Ed Sheeran, Bruce Springsteen, Harry Styles etc.... 

As someone mentioned Luke Combs attended AppState (like me) and played the football stadium there a year or so back.  I had two friends who couldn't give away an extra ticket they had.  This is mostly due to the fact no one lives in Boone so attending the concert it is quite a mission.

Side fun fact, Eric Church also attended Appstate and was there when I was.  Never saw him play music but I am sure I probably had a beer with him somewhere along the way.  What's funny about Eric Church is around AppState he has built a crappy reputation as he openly roots for UNC football despite attending AppState.  

In general, I prefer Church's music to Combs'.  

1 hour ago, IslandBillsFan said:

Couple thoughts on Luke Combs.... so he is a real star and is on a big tour.  Upcoming shows in the U.S. are at major ball parks and football stadiums.  Many of the tickets haven't gone on sale yet so it is hard to get an idea how much they will go for.  

Even though he is a star, I think the football stadiums will be relatively easy and inexpensive (relative term as all concerts are expensive now) to get tickets to.  No way he is close in popularity to other major acts on the stadium tour like Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Ed Sheeran, Bruce Springsteen, Harry Styles etc.... 

As someone mentioned Luke Combs attended AppState (like me) and played the football stadium there a year or so back.  I had two friends who couldn't give away an extra ticket they had.  This is mostly due to the fact no one lives in Boone so attending the concert it is quite a mission.

Side fun fact, Eric Church also attended Appstate and was there when I was.  Never saw him play music but I am sure I probably had a beer with him somewhere along the way.  What's funny about Eric Church is around AppState he has built a crappy reputation as he openly roots for UNC football despite attending AppState.  

Bey once is playing at the Buc's stadium tonight and the tickets look a Lot cheaper than the Swift tour that rolled through here recently. I'm one that thinks that our best concerts are in the rear view mirror... but that's just my take. 

What they call Country music nowadays isn't really country music... it's just pop music with a "twangy" voice. 

17 hours ago, IslandBillsFan said:

Going to disagree with a few points here.   First and foremost, I think Combs is easily as big as Ed Sheeran and Harry Styles.  In fact, I'd say he is a bigger star than both considering he has crossover power in Country, Rock, and Pop.   Sheeran and Styles are purely pop acts.   Combs has more #1 hits than either guy.    Not to mention Harry Styles demographic within music itself is pretty limited.   You wont see a lot of guys at a Harry Styles concert.

The Tracy Chapman cover is huge right now.  You cant turn on the radio without hearing it, whether thats on country stations or pop stations.   Guy has the biggest song in the world right now, and has 16 consecutive #1 songs.    That puts him on level with Garth Brooks.

I dont think he'll have any trouble selling out those shows. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Going to disagree with a few points here.   First and foremost, I think Combs is easily as big as Ed Sheeran and Harry Styles.  In fact, I'd say he is a bigger star than both considering he has crossover power in Country, Rock, and Pop.   Sheeran and Styles are purely pop acts.   Combs has more #1 hits than either guy.    Not to mention Harry Styles demographic within music itself is pretty limited.   You wont see a lot of guys at a Harry Styles concert.

The Tracy Chapman cover is huge right now.  You cant turn on the radio without hearing it, whether thats on country stations or pop stations.   Guy has the biggest song in the world right now, and has 16 consecutive #1 songs.    That puts him on level with Garth Brooks.

I dont think he'll have any trouble selling out those shows. 

I did a little quick reading and it looks like you are correct.  Shocking that he has more hits than Sheeran.  Maybe I hang out in the wrong circles or am an old man and out of touch.  

Not sure what Combs' concerts look like... we will need someone to let us know how it goes buying tickets.

18 minutes ago, IslandBillsFan said:

I did a little quick reading and it looks like you are correct.  Shocking that he has more hits than Sheeran.  Maybe I hang out in the wrong circles or am an old man and out of touch.  

Not sure what Combs' concerts look like... we will need someone to let us know how it goes buying tickets.

Yeah man, he may be the biggest male musician in the world right now.   That said, I tend to separate acts like Combs, Morgan Wallen, Bruce Springsteen, Taylor Swift, and Elton John from acts like Harry Styles.    Harry Styles earns more from his concerts, but his songs dont do as well overall.   IMO, people go to Harry Styles shows because its the in thing to do amongst twenty somethings.    More interested in the experience than the music.   Kind of like tailgaters at a Bills game who could care less about the game.

In terms of Combs, his music crosses genres well.   For instance, my teenage son who listens to mainly rock and rap loves him.   So does my college age daughter who listens to alternative pop. 

Depending on the price I may go to one of the shows.  Apparently he is doing two different shows.  First night is centered on Folk Country, with the Avett Brothers opening.   Second night is more modern country.   Smart move on his part.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/17/2023 at 8:51 AM, thenorthremembers said:

Yeah man, he may be the biggest male musician in the world right now.   That said, I tend to separate acts like Combs, Morgan Wallen, Bruce Springsteen, Taylor Swift, and Elton John from acts like Harry Styles.    Harry Styles earns more from his concerts, but his songs dont do as well overall.   IMO, people go to Harry Styles shows because its the in thing to do amongst twenty somethings.    More interested in the experience than the music.   Kind of like tailgaters at a Bills game who could care less about the game.

In terms of Combs, his music crosses genres well.   For instance, my teenage son who listens to mainly rock and rap loves him.   So does my college age daughter who listens to alternative pop. 

Depending on the price I may go to one of the shows.  Apparently he is doing two different shows.  First night is centered on Folk Country, with the Avett Brothers opening.   Second night is more modern country.   Smart move on his part.

I'm really into rock and never heard of Combs until the Tracy Chapman cover. Tracy Chapman's song certainly transcends genres. Combs himself, I don't think so. If you or a close friend/family member don't listen to country music, you're not gonna hear any of his songs outside of his Chapman cover.

• Agree 1

On 8/16/2023 at 5:37 PM, T&C said:

What they call Country music nowadays isn't really country music... it's just pop music with a "twangy" voice. 

When, exactly, was Country music "really country music"?    My late step-mother loved the country music of the 1950s and 1960s.  I'm more of an Alabama, Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson and Reba McEntire fan myself but I like more recent music by Kelsea Ballerini, Eric Church, and Florida Georgia Line.  America in 2023 isn't the same America as in 1933 or 1953 or 1973 or even 1993, and country music,  like most popular music genres,  reflects that.

41 minutes ago, SoTier said:

When, exactly, was Country music "really country music"?    My late step-mother loved the country music of the 1950s and 1960s.  I'm more of an Alabama, Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson and Reba McEntire fan myself but I like more recent music by Kelsea Ballerini, Eric Church, and Florida Georgia Line.  America in 2023 isn't the same America as in 1933 or 1953 or 1973 or even 1993, and country music,  like most popular music genres,  reflects that.

I would say the 50's through the 70's was the heyday for Country Music... Hank Snow, Faron Young, Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, etc. Those types of singers. The B52's weren't punk but people still called them that. Country pop or rock is more like what we are hearing nowadays.

Edited by T&C
  • Like (+1) 1

So in order to make an informed opinion, I played a Luke Combs Spotify channel while I cut the lawn. Trucks?  Check. Beer? Check. Wetting a line? Check. Sounded like every other mainstream popular country male artist, which is ok, but I certainly don’t think of him as a “two stadium shows in Buffalo in April” level of artist

On 8/18/2023 at 5:48 PM, LeGOATski said:

I'm really into rock and never heard of Combs until the Tracy Chapman cover. Tracy Chapman's song certainly transcends genres. Combs himself, I don't think so. If you or a close friend/family member don't listen to country music, you're not gonna hear any of his songs outside of his Chapman cover.

No 

On 8/16/2023 at 8:43 AM, Never NEVER Give-up said:

Not a Country/Western Fan - will these be in-demand tickets?

yes, people love this guy 

he played a show here in Virginia Beach on the beach and there wasn’t any room to move 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.