YouTube TV - NFL Sunday Ticket question

Jerry Jabber

4 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

If you have more than 4 favorites...and most people will have many more that that...then I assume you have to scroll horizontally to find one of those favorites, as they'll be at the top of the screen? Instead of just punching in a 3 or 4 number code on your remote to instantly go to the channel? Sorry, but that IS much different.

All these streaming services are a little different, but I might get YTTV in the future, so I found this.

It might get you to what you want.  It takes work to set up but worth it IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q35rZcDSxw

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

They do, 4 $100 payments if you don't have YouTubeTV and are paying the full $400

Don't worry about it, not all the apps look and feel the same on each device.  For example, my netflix app looks uniquely different depending if I am using AppleTV, ROKU, Amazon Fire, Smart TV App, etc.  

Sunday Ticket isn't active yet, and won't see true layout until Sunday 1 hour before games begin.  So it will likely work itself out by then and you will see all the games by then on both devices.  All the device apps are built and run separately, so probably just wasn't updated on one of them yet with the game schedule.  

Its active- last weekend preseason games streamed live. multiview is great 

11 hours ago, Billznut said:

Has anyone tried to bring up their Sunday ticket on two devices at the same time yet?  I have two big screen TVs side by side in the man cave. TV 1 is a Roku tv with the YouTube app built in and the Sunday ticket prime channels works perfect. Upcoming games for Sunday are show and are listed. On TV 2 right next to it, I’m running the YouTube app through a new Apple TV box and the Sunday ticket  prime channels comes up fine but it’s not showing the upcoming games listed like it does on TV 1.  I spent over an hour on the phone with YouTube’s IT dept and so far no one can figure it out. I’ve reset the app multiple times deleted and reinstalled it, signed in and out numerous times but still no games are listed as upcoming for Sunday. 

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this when trying to stream on two separate devices?? 

I think the menus just render differently. I don’t see ST on my IPhone live menu but do you n my lg tv YouTube app. 

with your side by side you might be able to watch 8 games  at once!!! Awesome 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Its active- last weekend preseason games streamed live. multiview is great 

I think the menus just render differently. I don’t see ST on my IPhone live menu but do you n my lg tv YouTube app. 

with your side by side you might be able to watch 8 games  at once!!! Awesome 

Oh nice, I don’t think you got any preseason games with DirecTV if I am not mistaken

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Oh nice, I don’t think you got any preseason games with DirecTV if I am not mistaken

Nope never for me anyway. Wasnt marketed as part of the subscription that I saw. Word was it was to test new platform and multiview. Which is new for YouTube. They extended it to college football this past weekend too. Great for that sports bar feel in the family room. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

So I got the NFL Sunday ticket as a standalone and did not buy the YouTube TV

I have not received an email about the subscription anywhere, but my credit card was charged for it

I assume in the email would give instructions on how I was going to be able to watch games this Sunday but I haven’t received it as anybody received that email and know how they are going to access the Sunday ticket games on YouTube?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I have not received an email about the subscription anywhere, but my credit card was charged for it

I assume in the email would give instructions on how I was going to be able to watch games this Sunday but I haven’t received it as anybody received that email and know how they are going to access the Sunday ticket games on YouTube?

Did you purchase it on youtube site? Log in and on the left column click on subscriptions. I think it should be there.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You can check in YouTube if the "purchase" is confirmed.

Go to YouTube (be sure you are signed in).

Click on Movies and TV in the left banner.

Click down to Primetime Channels.

The NFL logo should say purchased under it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nucci said:

Did you purchase it on youtube site? Log in and on the left column click on subscriptions. I think it should be there.

It didn’t look to me like I bought it on YouTube. It look like I clicked in YouTube, but it take me to an over site to pay for it another thing that I noticed while going through Google, trying to find the information is there is an NFL channel in my YouTube subscriptions but right now it’s only showing like two different teams playing this Sunday. I would think that NFL Sunday ticket would have a lot more than two games.

1 minute ago, nucci said:

One thing I find weird is in the "Subscriptions" I see the NFL Ticket as purchased but only on my laptop and phone.

On YouTube from my Roku TV, it just shows purchased in the Primetime Channel and not Subscriptions.

I'm not worried about it, but it's strange.  From what I see about YouTube, the TV apps work different from phone and laptops.

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

One thing I find weird is in the "Subscriptions" I see the NFL Ticket as purchased but only on my laptop and phone.

On YouTube from my Roku TV, it just shows purchased in the Primetime Channel and not Subscriptions.

I'm not worried about it, but it's strange.  From what I see about YouTube, the TV apps work different from phone and laptops.

Commented I think in other thread I saw that the morning of the Bears preseason game and had same concerns. Worked fine to watch and record. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It didn’t look to me like I bought it on YouTube. It look like I clicked in YouTube, but it take me to an over site to pay for it another thing that I noticed while going through Google, trying to find the information is there is an NFL channel in my YouTube subscriptions but right now it’s only showing like two different teams playing this Sunday. I would think that NFL Sunday ticket would have a lot more than two games.

There are more game than 2. I have youtube TV so sorry I can't be more helpful. Having said that, not all games are listed on the guide yet. Some but not all

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I'm under the impression that the subscriptions just show what you bought.

The games should be in the TV and Movies section and you click on NFL Channel to view games.

I just got the Sunday Ticket and haven't watched games on it yet.

If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm under the impression that the subscriptions just show what you bought.

The games should be in the TV and Movies section and you click on NFL Channel to view games.

I just got the Sunday Ticket and haven't watched games on it yet.

If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

The games will have a separate channel, not the NFL channel. Just go into search and type in Buffalo Bills and hit the sign to put in library. 

also, not sure if more efficient way to do this, but I have all  NFL games on the networks set to record, and all the preseason condensed games appear under the NFL icon in my library as I have Sunday ticket. 

not sure if that will continue in regular season as the condensed games have previously been on NFL+, so guess we will see on Sunday about 6! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

At preseason I just went onto the YouTube site. They had the bills game as a pending stream on their "Live" tav. I set a reminder to that.

I don't see the Bills game up which surprises me

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

At preseason I just went onto the YouTube site. They had the bills game as a pending stream on their "Live" tav. I set a reminder to that.

I don't see the Bills game up which surprises me

You have to click on the arrow a few times to scroll through to the week 2 games. It's there.

On 8/15/2023 at 7:27 PM, BillsFan4 said:

You can buy just the Sunday ticket.

https://tv.youtube.com/learn/nflsundayticket/

That's what I understand, too.  They have my money for Sunday Ticket and they aren't giving it back, but I haven't tried it yet.   It's nice that I'll have all day Sunday to figure out how it works, without having to worry that somehow I can't do it and miss the Bills.  

I also bought YouTubeTV, but after playing it with it for half an hour, I decided that I didn't want to upset our whole TV viewing habits, and I canceled YouTubeTV.  We're going to live and die, literally, with cable.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

That's what I understand, too.  They have my money for Sunday Ticket and they aren't giving it back, but I haven't tried it yet.   It's nice that I'll have all day Sunday to figure out how it works, without having to worry that somehow I can't do it and miss the Bills. 

I couldn't agree more.  LOL.

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

You can check in YouTube if the "purchase" is confirmed.

Go to YouTube (be sure you are signed in).

Click on Movies and TV in the left banner.

Click down to Primetime Channels.

The NFL logo should say purchased under it.

So just some clarification on this

I followed the instructions that you put here and I do have some thing that says “NFL”and purchased it doesn’t say NFL Sunday ticket

And in the live and upcoming section in the NFL channel, it only shows two games, Arizona against Washington and Carolina against Atlanta

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

So just some clarification on this

I followed the instructions that you put here and I do have some thing that says “NFL”and purchased it doesn’t say NFL Sunday ticket

And in the live and upcoming section in the NFL channel, it only shows two games, Arizona against Washington and Carolina against Atlanta

I don't know.  I show all the Sunday games.  Like others said, This Sunday we'll all know what the heck is going on.

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Has anyone been able to see the MNF game in advance? I'm going to be annoyed if I need to keep 3-4 streaming services to watch games.

Granted, one is paid for and I wasn't getting rid of two others but I'd still be cheesed

You won’t get Monday night football on nfl Sunday ticket. That’s an ESPN exclusive game. Just like Thursday night is Amazon exclusive. 

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

You won’t get Monday night football on nfl Sunday ticket. That’s an ESPN exclusive game. Just like Thursday night is Amazon exclusive. 

Yeah, you should see it coming up on YTTV if you add "Buffalo Bills" to your library.

20 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

BTW,  the Bills/Jets game on Monday is on regular broadcast TV, ABC (who owns 80% of ESPN).

The first few weeks of MNF is weird.  Bills game is a standalone on ABC,  Weeks 2 & 3 have MNF doubleheaders on ABC and ESPN.

2 hours ago, Simon said:

Stupid question:

If I sign up for YouTubeTV, and list my address as a P.O. Box somewhere with a Western New York zip code, can get network feeds from Buffalo and just pay my bills online?

YTTV provides programming based upon your physical location, even if your “home” address is elsewhere.  You can travel and access your subscription but you get the local channels based upon where you are physically located unless you have a true GPS spoofer on your device.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, eball said:

YTTV provides programming based upon your physical location, even if your “home” address is elsewhere.  You can travel and access your subscription but you get the local channels based upon where you are physically located unless you have a true GPS spoofer on your device.

Hmmmmmmmm........

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.