Man in Utah shot and killed today for threatening the president

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

This is really ***** simple
He made multiple continued threats against the president of United States, and was very specific about it

Whenever they showed up to read his house, he was armed and started shooting at them

He ***** around and found out

We get it dude, you support the FBI death squad. 

Kinda scary, I'm against death squads personally 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

He made multiple continued threats against the president of United States, and was very specific about it

Whenever they showed up to read his house, he was armed and started shooting at them

It is even 'simpler' John.

He did NOT shoot at the police, you are incorrect.

He could have been easily arrested without a 6am raid by armed deputies.

He made vey poor statements threatening the president.

But he did not deserve to die for them.

Your simple take is simply ignorant.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I’m hearing conflicting stories on this and how it transpired but I’m willing to remain open minded on what actually happened

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m hearing conflicting stories on this and how it transpired but I’m willing to remain open minded on what actually happened

Can you provide any information at all that confirms your claim he was shooting? If you can’t, why is that?

If he was black and a democrat everything else being the same, cities wold be burning and politicians apologizing and empathizing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Interesting how MAGA fans are now all concerned about excessive force used by law enforcement. Breonna Taylor agrees with you. Sounds like an opportunity for bipartisan legislation to address this issue, which means nothing will likely happen. 

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

If he was black and a democrat everything else being the same, cities wold be burning and politicians apologizing and empathizing.

Would they

This guy had a weapon pointed at law enforcement

Doesn’t matter what side of the aisle you’re on or what the color of your skin is

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Would they

Doesn’t matter what side of the aisle you’re on or what the color of your skin is

In the space of an evening you’ve gone from he was shooting to he had a weapon pointed at them. Where are you getting your information? YouTube again? Seems like you might be making things up.

2 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

In the space of an evening you’ve gone from he was shooting to he had a weapon pointed at them. Where are you getting your information? YouTube again? Seems like you might be making things up.

The FBI reported that he aimed the gun at them   

There are no videos or independent sources, so . . . . . . . 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TSOL said:

We get it dude, you support the FBI death squad. 

Kinda scary, I'm against death squads personally 

Holy crap, how far down that quabit hole are ya'll gunna go? He made death threats against the president. Going back many, many years, how has this ever been a good idea? He did the thing you're not allowed to do. It's ***** simple. He taunted the world. ***** around and found out. Personal responsibility. Am I doing the right thing right???

This is crazy town when you disgruntled lunatics are defending this ***** 

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Would they

Yea, they would. Because there is a double standard. It’s a fact MSM would be in an uproar about this if the threats were against orange man and the guy was black. 

We’d be hearing about police brutality and racism. Fact!  

12 hours ago, B-Man said:

B, he threatened an assassination, and according to reports, pointed his weapon at law enforcement officers.  I’m all for a review of the fact pattern, release of tapes, etc.  That should tell us a lot.  I’m all for a review of alternative options to take him into custody.  It does seem odd that law enforcement would visit him the day before the raid without warrants, given that they thought he posed a grave threat to pretty much anyone. 

It’s possible we have another example of a militarized law enforcement and using a tank to solve a problem when a 2005 Impala would have worked , and it’s certainly fair to discuss other options to take him in without an early morning raid.  However, it seems clear this guy was gravely mentally ill, heavily armed and was moving rapidly toward an unfortunate end.  

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Yea, they would. Because there is a double standard. It’s a fact MSM would be in an uproar about this if the threats were against orange man and the guy was black. 

We’d be hearing about police brutality and racism. Fact!  

Jesus, what a crybaby
The police are shooting black men on the street. They don’t even have a gun in their hand happens every day.

16 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

There it is… so easily programmed. 😂 

Programmed?  you see it on video every day

And I’m not even totally blaming the cops here they have the right to go home to their families. Two mistakes happen.

But there is no mistake whenever you have someone pointing the barrel of a gun at you

If I’m law-enforcement, and somebody is pointing a gun at me I’m going home to my family that night

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Programmed?  you see it on video every day

And I’m not even totally blaming the cops here they have the right to go home to their families. Two mistakes happen.

But there is no mistake whenever you have someone pointing the barrel of a gun at you

If I’m law-enforcement, and somebody is pointing a gun at me I’m going home to my family that night

Sure… I’m just adding that it’s a good thing the guy was a trumpy white male, otherwise media uproar and riot. 

UPDATED: What the FBI Isn't Saying About Its Shooting of a Utah Trump Supporter Should Concern Everyone

FTA: 

According to the FBI, 74-year-old Craig Deleeuw Robertson of Provo, UT, had made a laundry list of threats against President Joe Biden and other elected officials. That part of the story appears to be true, as the man’s Facebook did contain numerous direct threats of violence, some of which got very specific.

But while there’s no question that making violent threats against government officials is illegal and will rightly welcome the attention of the FBI, that doesn’t preclude the serious concerns being shared about how the raid to arrest Robertson ended. Because of a lack of transparency being shown by federal law enforcement, there is still no clear answer on why the man was shot dead.

Was Robertson an actual deadly threat at the time an FBI agent killed him? We don’t know that because the FBI isn’t saying. Even three days after the pre-dawn raid turned fatal for the suspect, there has been no direct claim that Roberston pointed a gun at anyone. It’s possible he was refusing to comply as agents shouted at him (which can be heard in the above video), but refusal to comply is not justification for law enforcement to shoot someone.

Reports after the incident used anonymous sources to claim that Robertson was “armed” at the time of the raid.

To reiterate, being “armed” is not a justification to shoot a suspect, even one that is refusing to comply with orders. I’m sitting in my home right now, and I’m armed. Millions of Americans are likewise armed while sleeping at night. Robertson, despite the threats he made, had a legal right to possess firearms at the time of the raid.

That leads to another big issue. Why is the FBI conducting a pre-dawn raid on an elderly man over online threats?

Anytime the FBI barge in on someone who is sleeping, there is a chance that person mistakes law enforcement for unlawful home intruders and things go sideways.

Robertson was old and barely able to walk. Why didn’t the FBI just pick him up and arrest him on his way to the store?

Why didn’t they just knock and ask him to exit the house peacefully?

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/08/12/auto-draft-139-n791767

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

I am very curious if this guy was a known violent person?

The story does not make sense in so many ways, I know the initial story from the Feds is a lie but beyond the memes what was point of raid?

FBI’s killing of Utah man prompts questions from neighbors

Residents ask if Craig Robertson, who could ‘barely get around’ but posted threats against Biden, ‘warranted that kind of response’

3000.jpg?width=620&dpr=1&s=none

A clearer picture is emerging of the 75-year-old Utah man shot dead by the FBI after they tried to serve a search warrant hours before Joe Biden arrived in the state on a re-election campaign swing.

But questions are also being asked as to whether Craig Robertson was a “credible threat”, as the FBI claims, or as neighbors in Provo, Utah, have described to local media as a man harboring anti-government views who walked with a cane and liked to bluster and tell big stories, especially on social media.

Robertson had posted threats against the president, including asking whether Utah would become famous “as the place a sniper took out Biden the Marxist”. He’d also urged Utah residents to fire their guns into the air when Air Force One arrived, the Deseret News reported.

Despite his anti-government rhetoric, Robertson was described as the “teddy bear” in the church congregation who was so immobilized that he’d drive 200 yards to church.

He was also known as a talented carpenter who built intricate coffee tables and rocking chairs. Despite being known as a gun collector he was not thought to carry at all times. “If he carried, we never knew about it,” Clark said to the Deseret News. “We all knew he had guns, that he collected guns ... but I mean, it’s Utah.”

Neighbors also said he’d make “off-color” political comments, but nothing that rose to threats of violence and political assassination.

“I just think he was an old kook shooting his mouth off,” Clark said. “There was nothing he ever did that would have made me think that he was either mentally or physically capable of doing anything. And anybody who knew him knew that.

“I just can’t believe that this man warranted that kind of response,” Clark added.

“So a man that sits at home all day, doesn’t have much to do, if he’s on his phone and is involved in politics and has strong political opinions, I’m not surprised that he would make posts like that to try to receive attention,” Robinson told the Deseret News.

“I’m just hoping that the FBI has some more evidence besides Facebook posts to want to raid his house like they did,” he added.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/aug/10/craig-robertson-biden-assassination-fbi-killing-utah

On 8/11/2023 at 8:18 PM, John from Riverside said:

edit he may not have shot at them, but just pointing a weapon at them is enough

If you read the posts he did not directly threaten the president or advocate his death. If we held everyone to this standard of words the majority of liberals would be dead after the 4 years of Trump. Should this guy have been interviewed? Absolutely, but this reaction is insane and evil. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

If you read the posts he did not directly threaten the president or advocate his death. If we held everyone to this standard of words the majority of liberals would be dead after the 4 years of Trump. Should this guy have been interviewed? Absolutely, but this reaction is insane and evil. 

You don’t interview somebody with a gun in his hand dumb ass

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

You are trained not to shoot at them automatically also. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (but you knew that)

• Thank you (+1) 1

So you don't think it would have been much better to have grabbed him on his way to church or the store? Or at the least tried to speak with him without bursting down his door? You are pretending he was some kind of harden criminal vs just an online crank. 

27 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Have you seen video that that’s how that happened?

No you don't.

You said that you don't "interview' someone with a gun in their hand,

I pointed out that you don't shoot them either.

I didn't say thats what happened, I correctly pointed out that your statement was foolish.

Your Modus operandi is obvious, if one of the conservatives here says up, you argue for down.

On 8/9/2023 at 11:23 PM, Andy1 said:

Another person who believed Trumps lies and tragically pays the ultimate price. So many people have screwed up their lives by joining the cult and following him. This only seems to happen to Trump followers.

Yes, this poor woman needs to stop following Trump.

IMG_5728.jpeg

Somewhat related:

Certainly an over-reaction by the police AGAIN.

Co-Owner of 'Marion County Record' Newspaper in Kansas Dies After Raids by Police

By Jeff Charles

There has been a tragic development in the story of the Kansas newspaper that was raided by law enforcement on Friday. Joan Meyer, the co-owner of the Marion County Record newspaper, died on Saturday after dealing with police officers raiding her home and place of business.

The co-owner’s death comes on the heels of a national controversy over law enforcement’s decision to carry out a search of the newspaper’s employees and facilities:

The co-owner of local newspaper the Marion County Record has died after being ‘traumatized’ by a police home raid that was green-lighted to seize information on a story that hadn’t even been published.

Joan Meyer, 98, collapsed and died following the intense stress and grief she felt when her home was raided by the entirety of the Marion Police Department in Kansas.

The elderly woman, who co-owned the newspaper with her son Eric, was subjected to the raid by five officers and two sheriff’s deputies on Friday – which caused her to be ‘stressed beyond her limits and overwhelmed by hours of shock and grief.’

Eric, 69, has bashed the officers for their ‘Gestapo’ tactics in an attempt to seize information that hadn’t even gone to presses yet. Police have defended their actions.

Ms Meyer could not eat or sleep after the traumatizing hours-long ordeal. She was crying while the police raided her home and took her Alexa smart speaker – and died one day later.

The newspaper plans to file a lawsuit against the City of Marion over the search. “Our first priority is to be able to publish next week,” said Eric Meyer. “But we also want to make sure no other news organization is ever exposed to the Gestapo tactics we witnessed today.”

https://redstate.com/jeffc/2023/08/13/tragic-twist-co-owner-of-marion-county-record-newspaper-in-kansas-dies-after-raids-by-police-n792281

15 minutes ago, B-Man said:

No you don't.

You said that you don't "interview' someone with a gun in their hand,

I pointed out that you don't shoot them either.

I didn't say thats what happened, I correctly pointed out that your statement was foolish.

Your Modus operandi is obvious, if one of the conservatives here says up, you argue for down.

I’m gonna make this really simple for you

You don’t go to the door with the FBI knocking with a gun in your hand

If you don’t understand that, I don’t know what to tell you all it takes is one of those agents thinking that he’s about to get shot and it’s over, and he has legitimate reason to pull the trigger

Don’t go to the door with a gun in your hand

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 8/12/2023 at 12:13 AM, Andy1 said:

Interesting how MAGA fans are now all concerned about excessive force used by law enforcement. Breonna Taylor agrees with you. Sounds like an opportunity for bipartisan legislation to address this issue, which means nothing will likely happen. 

Breonna Taylor was a problem situation but at least someone involved was actually a real criminal. You really think someone should be raided for making inappropriate jokes? You are quite the fascist

• Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Somewhat related:

Co-Owner of 'Marion County Record' Newspaper in Kansas Dies After Raids by Police

By Jeff Charles

There has been a tragic development in the story of the Kansas newspaper that was raided by law enforcement on Friday. Joan Meyer, the co-owner of the Marion County Record newspaper, died on Saturday after dealing with police officers raiding her home and place of business.

The co-owner’s death comes on the heels of a national controversy over law enforcement’s decision to carry out a search of the newspaper’s employees and facilities:

The co-owner of local newspaper the Marion County Record has died after being ‘traumatized’ by a police home raid that was green-lighted to seize information on a story that hadn’t even been published.

Joan Meyer, 98, collapsed and died following the intense stress and grief she felt when her home was raided by the entirety of the Marion Police Department in Kansas.

The elderly woman, who co-owned the newspaper with her son Eric, was subjected to the raid by five officers and two sheriff’s deputies on Friday – which caused her to be ‘stressed beyond her limits and overwhelmed by hours of shock and grief.’

Eric, 69, has bashed the officers for their ‘Gestapo’ tactics in an attempt to seize information that hadn’t even gone to presses yet. Police have defended their actions.

Ms Meyer could not eat or sleep after the traumatizing hours-long ordeal. She was crying while the police raided her home and took her Alexa smart speaker – and died one day later.

The newspaper plans to file a lawsuit against the City of Marion over the search. “Our first priority is to be able to publish next week,” said Eric Meyer. “But we also want to make sure no other news organization is ever exposed to the Gestapo tactics we witnessed today.”

https://redstate.com/jeffc/2023/08/13/tragic-twist-co-owner-of-marion-county-record-newspaper-in-kansas-dies-after-raids-by-police-n792281

Except for the fact that both of these were rates by law enforcement exactly how are they similar?

Did somebody at the newspaper have a gun in their hand and they’ve been making death threats to get the president

1 minute ago, Orlando Tim said:

Breonna Taylor was a problem situation but at least someone involved was actually a real criminal. You really think someone should be raided for making inappropriate jokes? You are quite the fascist

You’re just making excuses now

46 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Death threats against any person is no joke, or an extremely sick sense of humor. My only point is that law enforcement using excessive force has been an issue for black and brown people forever. It’s a legitimate topic to discuss reforms to police/FBI procedures. 

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

Excuses for what? Seriously what are you talking about? How is this guy worse than Madonna and Kathy Griffin?

yeah.  them are "harden" criminals

58 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Did Madonna or Kathy Griffin have a gun in their hand whenever they opened a door

You are completely ***** lost and I can’t help you

he's not seriously debating.  he's pretending to be....but he is lost.

Edited by redtail hawk

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

Somewhat related:

By Jeff Charles

Some folks say you don’t answer a door with a pen in your hand. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1