Man in Utah shot and killed today for threatening the president

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

You brought up Floyd. So was he nuts for holding a gun to a black pregnant woman’s stomach?  I’d like a very clear answer 

Can you provide an actual source for this claim?

I actually had to look this up - not because it would surprise me that Floyd would do such a thing given his troubled past - but I couldn’t find a legitimate source to back up this claim except for comments from Candace Owens and other right wing nut jobs on Twitter.

I did find a Snopes article - but I’ll let you find that on your own.

Have fun. 

2 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Yup my response was dumb.  It happens and I admit my dumbassery.   

The excitement of demeaning those with belief systems we don’t agree with does occasionally lead to egg on the face. I’m sure you will have another opportunity come along in short order and will bounce back strong. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BillStime said:

Can you provide an actual source for this claim?

I actually had to look this up - not because it would surprise me that Floyd would do such a thing given his troubled past - but I couldn’t find a legitimate source to back up this claim except for comments from Candace Owens and other right wing nut jobs on Twitter.

I did find a Snopes article - but I’ll let you find that on your own.

Have fun. 

https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbreak-us-news-ap-top-news-hip-hop-and-rap-houston-a55d2662f200ead0da4fed9e923b60a7

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I'll ask again - do you have a source?

why would you point a gun at a womans stomach instead of her head or chest like a normal criminal would do?  Take the pregnant part out if you want was floyd nuts commiitting armed robbery of a woman? come on answer it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, aristocrat said:

why would you point a gun at a womans stomach instead of her head or chest like a normal criminal would do?  Take the pregnant part out if you want was floyd nuts commiitting armed robbery of a woman? come on answer it. 

Stop deflecting and get the source.

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Stop deflecting and get the source.

deflecting what?  fyi there were kids in the room as well that id'd floyd at the scene.  was floyd nuts?  based on your justification for killing the utah guy floyd deserved to die as well right?

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Oh look Karen Psyop and neo-fascist Jack says what?

Oh wait, what's this? 

There were 23 prosecutions for threats against Donald Trump in 2018

Arrests for death threats against US politicians rose in 2018

New York man charged with threatening to kill Donald Trump

Security incidents involving Donald Trump

When does the Secret Service investigate presidential death threats?

Chandler police: Secret Service investigating death threat against President Trump

Teen arrested after making social media threats to Donald Trump

This took two seconds to find using Google... and there were plenty of others to share but you know what did stick out?

All the death threats against OTHERS because of Trump's rhetoric. That's was beyond prevalent.

F'n idiots

15 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

deflecting what?  fyi there were kids in the room as well that id'd floyd at the scene.  was floyd nuts?  based on your justification for killing the utah guy floyd deserved to die as well right?

See - you made the claim - and STILL can't back it up... 

No one deserves to have their neck suppressed for 9 minutes and 29 seconds while IN police custody. George Floyd was NO threat to ANYONE on that day. So, no, Floyd did NOT deserve to die. Floyd already went to jail several times for his crimes.

Now, keep defending the NUT JOB that was REPORTED BY TRUMP's TRUTH SOCIAL for making threats since MARCH against a sitting POTUS. Keep defending the guy who on social media posted stuff like this:

threat3.jpg

threats.png

utah-man-killed-by-fb.jpg?q=65&auto=form

C'mon simy-crat - you can do it!

Keep going.

Keep digging.

16 hours ago, Kemp said:

If Trump didn't exist, the dead man in Utah would be alive.

He's less than collateral damage to Trump.

Biden orders an execution of an old man over some internet posts and it's Trumps's fault?  You have to be joking.  What a mess.  

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

See - you made the claim - and STILL can't back it up... 

No one deserves to have their neck suppressed for 9 minutes and 29 seconds while IN police custody. George Floyd was NO threat to ANYONE on that day. So, no, Floyd did NOT deserve to die. Floyd already went to jail several times for his crimes.

Now, keep defending the NUT JOB that was REPORTED BY TRUMP's TRUTH SOCIAL for making threats since MARCH against a sitting POTUS. Keep defending the guy who on social media posted stuff like this:

threat3.jpg

threats.png

utah-man-killed-by-fb.jpg?q=65&auto=form

C'mon simy-crat - you can do it!

Keep going.

Keep digging.

shouldn’t he have had the chance to serve his time in prison? 

• Like (+1) 1

Whoever is running the Executive Branch faked the internet posts and ordered the execution to take focus off the Biden crime syndicate's bribery scandal.  Perfect timing.  What a mess. 

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

∆∆∆∆. Still tweaking. ∆∆∆

They spent all of last night posting, took a 6 hour break to sleep, and are already at 20+ posts this morning. What a miserable existence.

Edited by gobills404
  • Agree 2

20 minutes ago, Irv said:

Biden orders an execution of an old man over some internet posts and it's Trumps's fault?  You have to be joking.  What a mess.  

As Trump fanatics keep ending up prosecuted for various crimes, including felonies, and in this case, dying, remember that Trump doesn't give a shite about any of them.

He's only concerned about himself.

16 minutes ago, Irv said:

Whoever is running the Executive Branch faked the internet posts and ordered the execution to take focus off the Biden crime syndicate's bribery scandal.  Perfect timing.  What a mess. 

Still no evidence against Joe, even though we were told that their star witnesses would show us the evidence.

One's a fugitive Chinese spy. The other didn't just not have the evidence. He didn't even offer up an accusation.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

As Trump fanatics keep ending up prosecuted for various crimes, including felonies, and in this case, dying, remember that Trump doesn't give a shite about any of them.

He's only concerned about himself.

Still no evidence against Joe, even though we were told that their star witnesses would show us the evidence.

One's a fugitive Chinese spy. The other didn't just not have the evidence. He didn't even offer up an accusation.

I seem to recall Demented Biden sentencing thirteen brave United States Marines to death.  What a mess.    

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

Maybe he should have complied - right?

Dude, yes!  Comply with reasonable requests from law enforcement!  The grand illusion of safety in our towns and cities requires that we respond reasonably to requests of this nature.  On the other hand, law enforcement must act reasonably as well.  

There will be tapes of this encounter, and assuming law enforcement acted appropriately, we should move on.  Let's see what happened.

At the same time, this should be the standard always.  With people like Michael Brown, Jacob Blake and the like, that doesn't seem to be the standard most democrats want to employ.  In those cases, the micromanagement of police actions in dangerous situations bubble up, and the concept of shooting people in the foot is raised. 

I'd think we would agree that this guy in Utah should have been afforded due process, and reasonable options to de-escalate the situation should have been considered. To be clear, I would assume the actions by law enforcement were reasonable. 

That said, it sounds like the neighborhood became a shooting gallery at 6am, so it's reasonable to ask...was it reasonable? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillStime said:

As of today

7vg2xw.jpg

lmao

ps: poor DR 🥲

Where is DR? I’ve been trying to get a hold of him.

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Dude, yes!  Comply with reasonable requests from law enforcement!  The grand illusion of safety in our towns and cities requires that we respond reasonably to requests of this nature.  On the other hand, law enforcement must act reasonably as well.  

There will be tapes of this encounter, and assuming law enforcement acted appropriately, we should move on.  Let's see what happened.

At the same time, this should be the standard always.  With people like Michael Brown, Jacob Blake and the like, that doesn't seem to be the standard most democrats want to employ.  In those cases, the micromanagement of police actions in dangerous situations bubble up, and the concept of shooting people in the foot is raised. 

I'd think we would agree that this guy in Utah should have been afforded due process, and reasonable options to de-escalate the situation should have been considered. To be clear, I would assume the actions by law enforcement were reasonable. 

That said, it sounds like the neighborhood became a shooting gallery at 6am, so it's reasonable to ask...was it reasonable? 

As far as I’m concerned whenever law enforcement is getting shot at they have the right to shoot back

They deserve to go home to their families as well

Edited by John from Riverside

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Where is DR? I’ve been trying to get a hold of him.

As far as I’m concerned whenever law enforcement is getting shot at they have the right to shoot back

They deserve to go home to their families as well

Then you feel Ashli Babbitt was the victim, John?  She was unarmed. 

2 hours ago, Irv said:

I seem to recall Demented Biden sentencing thirteen brave United States Marines to death.  What a mess.    

Really!

Biden sentenced Marines to death?

Biden's a judge?

You don't get out much.

12 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Then you feel Ashli Babbitt was the victim, John?  She was unarmed. 

I would have thought you were a fan of stand your ground.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

That makes absolutely no sense

You’re correct here, I was in line at a bank and typed quickly. 

I agree with you on law enforcement being fired upon, but it goes beyond that.  

You mentioned law enforcement getting shot at, and support them shooting back.

In the Ashli Babbitt case, she was unarmed and shot by an officer.   I should have asked what your thoughts were in that situation, where the officer was not being fired upon.  

It’s a complicated issue. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You’re correct here, I was in line at a bank and typed quickly. 

I agree with you on law enforcement being fired upon, but it goes beyond that.  

You mentioned law enforcement getting shot at, and support them shooting back.

In the Ashli Babbitt case, she was unarmed and shot by an officer.   I should have asked what your thoughts were in that situation, where the officer was not being fired upon.  

It’s a complicated issue. 

Your questions make perfect sense

4 hours ago, BillStime said:

As of today

7vg2xw.jpg

lmao

ps: poor DR 🥲

What a dope !

Surely you realize  (oh who am I kidding)  

That the "popular contributors" list is NOT how many posts that you do.

Otherwise you and others here would be way ahead of me.

The key word here sonny is POPULAR.

Those who post something that gets a response from fellow posters.

My posts , whether people agree with me or not, have ties to an article or political cartoon, meant to make you think

so I get lots of thank yous or thumbs down.

Your voluminous number of posts are mostly ignored or laughed at.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Well, in fairness, I dropped a reference to Ashli Babbitt in a thread about a shooting in Utah several years later, absent context.

I can understand and appreciate his response.  

Sure, but law enforcement is put in situations that can't even be predicted, which  makes it difficult to compare one to the other. But that's all they've got, right? And this doesn't even consider the differences in the psyche each and every LE officer. We need situational analysis which contrasts and compares. Good questions

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

What a dope !

My posts , whether people agree with me or not, have ties to an article or political cartoon, meant to make you think

Oh brother - you and Karen are not popular - lmao- and you have way more posts than me. lmao

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

What a dope !

In @BillStime head!

I love it!!!

Its wide open and comfortable in here, gents...

Slap it on ignore and come join me everyone. 

drinks are cold and steaks on grill....

16 hours ago, B-Man said:

Family of Utah man killed by FBI releases a statement

They wrote that he “was understandably frustrated and distraught by the present and on-going erosions to our constitutionally protected freedoms and the rights of free citizens wrought by what he, and many others in this nation, observed to be a corrupt and overreaching government.”

His family acknowledged that Robertson’s statements “were intemperate at times” but wrote “he has never, and would never, commit any act of violence against another human being over a political or philosophical disagreement.”

Neighbors of Robertson echoed some of these sentiments on Wednesday.

Andrew Maunder attended the nearby ward of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints with Robertson and said “I think deep down, he was just a cranky old guy who was harmless.”

“He seemed like kind of a weird old guy … but everyone knows a weird old guy,” another man who lived in the neighborhood and attended church with Robertson said. “You wouldn’t imagine that the FBI would come and shoot him.”

“As our family processes the grief and pain of our loss,” Robertson’s family wrote, “we would have it be known that we hold no personal animosity towards those individuals who took part in the ill-fated events of the morning of August 9, 2023, which resulted in Craig’s death.”

Capping his visit to Utah on Thursday at a private fundraiser in Park City, Biden referenced the politics of fear and division in the country, and called for greater understanding and bipartisanship, including in public discourse. “This division is really, really hurting,” he told his supporters.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2023/08/11/family-utah-man-killed-by-fbi/

The situation was abysmally handled by the FBI, that is obvious to everyone.

This is really ***** simple
He made multiple continued threats against the president of United States, and was very specific about it

Whenever they showed up to read his house, he was armed and started shooting at them

He ***** around and found out

edit he may not have shot at them, but just pointing a weapon at them is enough

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1