Bills’ Von Miller has two word update on his return from ACL tear

Starr Almighty

3 minutes ago, julian said:

The patient input has some relevance to the doctors opinion about the wether the ligament is fully healed or not ? If the player say’s “doctor my knee doesn’t feel right” , don’t the doctors know if the ligament is actually physically healed and the player is in his own head ?

I’m not arguing for the sake of arguing, I’m open to be educated.

Why does it matter if it’s the knee or the head? You need them both. You can’t just scream at them like a high school coach and say YOU ARE FINE! 

2 minutes ago, julian said:

So if the doctors say he’s good to play week one and Bon or any player for that matter has shown in practice they’re good to go, you want him on the field week one right ? 

You need to ask better questions. It’s obviously not that simple. 

They didn't rule out White until the last possible moment last year. They put him on PUP on Aug 30th. Up until then all we heard was he was rehabbing. 

I wouldn't put any stock in anything they say until he is either activated or they put him on PUP list. 

If there is any chance he can play in the first month I would put him on the final 53 and healthy scratch him a couple weeks if necessary. 

But as others have said, its more likely they are conservative and go the PUP route. Honestly that wouldn't be terrible.  He is most important in the playoffs not in September.

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Well I'm not a doctor full disclosure😂😂but I have had a couple ACLs and I was told if you're favoring your fully healed leg because you're not 100% confident on it the risk of reinjury exists

Not to mention a host of associated over/underuse injuries because you're not back to moving normally

So even tho my docs were confident enough in their surgery, the PT guys were confident in the rehab and stability tests, they also still made sure I felt 100% before going out and fully stressing it again

Makes sense, thanks

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

Why does it matter if it’s the knee or the head? You need them both. You can’t just scream at them like a high school coach and say YOU ARE FINE! 

You need to ask better questions. It’s obviously not that simple. 

Ok.. sorry to bother you, was just hoping to understand.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

They didn't rule out White until the last possible moment last year. They put him on PUP on Aug 30th. Up until then all we heard was he was rehabbing. 

I wouldn't put any stock in anything they say until he is either activated or they put him on PUP list. 

If there is any chance he can play in the first month I would put him on the final 53 and healthy scratch him a couple weeks if necessary. 

But as others have said, its more likely they are conservative and go the PUP route. Honestly that wouldn't be terrible.  He is most important in the playoffs not in September.

You want him at his peak in the playoffs so you want him to get in game shape but no need to wear him out so play him after bye maybe.  Enough games to peak for post season and should still be fresh.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Just now, AuntieEm said:

You want him at his peak in the playoffs so you want him to get in game shape but no need to wear him out so play him after bye maybe.  Enough games to peak for post season and should still be fresh.

Yeah that is the ideal. Its a risk though. A few early season losses and they could be chasing the Jets or Dolphins all season long.

Rousseau really needs to step up.

Just now, Augie said:

If that is really the case, then I apologize. We have quite a few here who seem to be deliberately difficult. My bad if that was sincere. 

Lol I get it, no worries , I really was just hoping to understand the viewpoint and think I know where you’re coming from.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Yeah that is the ideal. Its a risk though. A few early season losses and they could be chasing the Jets or Dolphins all season long.

Rousseau really needs to step up.

If Groot has a healthy Floyd, Ed and later in the year Von, I like our ability to get in the Qb’s face. I am VERY excited by that idea. More than most, apparently. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The reason for the constant ambiguity is to confuse the other team.  

Why should we let the Jets know whether or not they'll be facing Von week 1?  

Smoke and mirrors.  Dont take anything the Bills or Miller himself says about his return date seriously.

Edited by Blackbeard
  • Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Augie said:

If Groot has a healthy Floyd, Ed and later in the year Von, I like our ability to get in the Qb’s face. I am VERY excited by that idea. More than most, apparently. 

Don’t forget Poona. 

• Agree 2

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/von-miller-on-the-voncast-hopefully-right-before-the-jets-game-i-will-be-back/article_c7883354-7041-11ed-bfe4-2fe33da33792.html

“It’s going to have to be addressed, but I do feel like I can play through that," Miller said. "So, I'm just gonna wait a little bit, wait a little bit, let the swelling go down for about seven to 10 days. And hopefully, right before the Jets game, I will be back."

"Bills coach Sean McDermott ruled Miller out for the Patriots game the day after his injury and said the team would “just see where it goes from there.” Miller reiterated his confidence that he could be back during the regular season."

Well, I just received some unfortunate (but not devastating) news from my usual source.

Von Miller apparently has a grade 2 strain (tear) to his upper left leg (not the same leg as his ACL tear).

This was described to me as a "compensation injury," i.e. he likely injured it because of overcompensating for the opposite leg of the ACL tear.

I was told it will put him back "a little bit, not months." My source says this almost certainly rules out a week 1 return but week 6 is still potentially in play. Most likely scenario is he will be put on PUP to start the season and the treatment will just be general rest and rehab to the affected area.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Well, I just received some unfortunate (but not devastating) news from my usual source.

Von Miller apparently has a grade 2 strain (tear) to his upper left leg (not the same leg as his ACL tear).

This was described to me as a "compensation injury," i.e. he likely injured it because of overcompensating for the opposite leg of the ACL tear.

I was told it will put him back "a little bit, not months." My source says this almost certainly rules out a week 1 return but week 6 is still potentially in play. Most likely scenario is he will be put on PUP to start the season and the treatment will just be general rest and rehab to the affected area.

While you never want to see set backs...this may be a bit of a blessing in disguise. 

If in fact it's to the opposite leg and not something complicating the ACL it may just slow him up a bit and save him from pushing too hard to come back too soon.  Gives the Bills a valid reason to PUP him and not have Von disappointed. Let him miss the first month and a half and open a roster spot. Then (hopefully) with noore set backs he's ready to roll and ramped up for playoff season. 

• Like (+1) 1

I love Von, but it’s really difficult to take him at his word- no matter how well intentioned he might be…

In all honesty, I’m kind of hoping they keep him out for the beginning of the season…I feel we have enough depth, and I would rather him be healthy for the playoff push…👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Agree 2

39 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

More injuries is never good, but I'm not going to complain about a healthy, fresh Von from December onwards even if that means missing him until that point 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.