Bills’ Von Miller has two word update on his return from ACL tear

Starr Almighty

On 8/7/2023 at 7:51 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

If he’s 100%, let him play.  The ligament can’t heal past 100%.

But the rest of his body can. Sort of.

Takes time to stop favoring one side and to build back up all the symmetry and supporting soft tissue. In my eyes it's not really about re-injury and more about injuries from compensation. 

It's not a black-and-white ACL thing. We all know this. The ACL isn't really the issue anymore. But the rest of the interconnected soft tissues could be, if rushed. More time to ramp-up is better for the REST of Miller's lower half. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

But the rest of his body can. Sort of.

Takes time to stop favoring one side and to build back up all the symmetry and supporting soft tissue. In my eyes it's not really about re-injury and more about injuries from compensation. 

It's not a black-and-white ACL thing. We all know this. The ACL isn't really the issue anymore. But the rest of the interconnected soft tissues could be, if rushed. More time to ramp-up is better for the REST of Miller's lower half. 

Of course if the doctors feel the surrounding areas are not 100%, sit him.

From what I understand, a second tear heals faster because the surgeons don't have to drill into the bone again...there's already holes.  

This is why I haven't been surprised he's out there faster than normal.

12 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Of course if the doctors feel the surrounding areas are not 100%, sit him.

From what I understand, a second tear heals faster because the surgeons don't have to drill into the bone again...there's already holes.  

This is why I haven't been surprised he's out there faster than normal.

I just think it's more complicated than if everything is technically healthy. And maybe by "100%" you're also considering strength and flexibility, but the surrounding muscles and really the entire body, needs time to get used to functioning all together again, and to get stronger and more flexible and more SYMMETRICAL again. 

6 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I just think it's more complicated than if everything is technically healthy. And maybe by "100%" you're also considering strength and flexibility, but the surrounding muscles and really the entire body, needs time to get used to functioning all together again, and to get stronger and more flexible and more SYMMETRICAL again. 

I don’t think medicine is that complicated.  You can fix things yourself like this guy.

• Shocked 1

On 8/7/2023 at 5:27 PM, KingBoots8 said:

Week 5 is my guess. Close, but our staff like to ease players back in.

Personally I’d be more than happy having him come back after our bye week. Keep him fresh for the late / post season

That's insane. No need to have him out until week 14

On 8/7/2023 at 7:20 PM, Augie said:

Did you watch Tre play at all last year coming back more than a year after surgery. “Clearance” is not a black or white thing. 

They play 2 different positions 

Just heard him on pardon my take. Great interview and I highly recommend it. He’s a great dude. Definitely sounds like they are going to take their time with getting him back. Might be a case to keep him on ice until he is absolutely needed. 

he also think Greg R is going to break out this year big time. 

• Like (+1) 1

Personally I keep von out until week 12.  Give him limited snaps from then on and then hopefully his ready to go come playoff time. (Playoffs is when we need this guy) don’t rush it… get him as close to right as you can for a playoff run.  

• Disagree 1

16 minutes ago, gordong said:

Personally I keep von out until week 12.  Give him limited snaps from then on and then hopefully his ready to go come playoff time. (Playoffs is when we need this guy) don’t rush it… get him as close to right as you can for a playoff run.  

I don't understand that mindset. It sounds like the voice of the hand-wringing mother afraid to let little Johnny climb the jungle gym. 'Saving him' until week 12 to be ready for the playoffs is presumptuous.

For one thing, the Bills don't have such a dominant D-line with other pro-bowlers who can pick up the slack. They have the potential to be very good, but there's not an Aaron Donald there holding down the fort while Miller heals.

In a league, division, and conference this competitive, a single loss can mean no playoffs and starting draft talk for the Bills the second week of January. Or, it could mean the difference between home field advantage or no home games in post season.

Getting home field and having a bye week in the playoffs means one less game to risk injury to the every other player.

There are no teams that should be taken lightly that we can assume a W without the best d-line they can field. When Miller is ready, he's ready. Play him if it gives the Bills the best chance to walk away with that W. 

Playing the edge and being on the field to harass opposing QBs is where is value to the team is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.