NFL coach ‘not sure’ Bills’ Josh Allen can consistently win as a passer

sonyab1974

1 minute ago, sonyab1974 said:

Alert the Media, there are still coaches who don't believe in Dual Threat QB in the NFL.  This is what was said:

With that being said, there will always be some who are skeptical. Here’s why one defensive coordinator put Allen in tier 2 as part of the survey:

“I’m not sure he (Allen) can win you a game as a dropback passer consistently, which is part of the Tier 1 description. I think Allen, Lamar (Jackson) and Jalen (Hurts) all fit into that high Tier 2 category. The running is a weapon, but if you are down two scores or 10 points, you might have an issue.”

Time will tell.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Yup. Josh is to blame for 13 seconds. He is also to blame for the minor league OL we have had the past few seasons. Trade him to the Jets for Zach Wilson. We will have to throw in our 1st round pick in 2024 otherwise the Jets won't do the deal :)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

His passing stats have been elite for 3 seasons. His running numbers are so good because he’s a legit elite NFL passer.

What more consistency do they want? The list of guys with 3 straight seasons of 35+ TDs, 4300+ yards, and 10+ wins is shockingly short. 

If he 4-peats, the list grows even shorter.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Well shoot, now I'm concerned 

Damn right, we are doomed, 

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, MJS said:

Allen is an elite passer. If he never ran again he would still be among the best QB's in the game.

I honestly think the problems with his passing last season stem from the inability of Dorsey to run a creative scheme. Especially utilizing underneath routes. 

I do think Josh could get way better if he were to also look short more often, though. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, sonyab1974 said:

The guy who wrote this is an idiot. 

It’s based off an Athletic article. They interviewed 50 NFL coaches/GM. There were 5 Tier 1 qbs. Allen had 3rd highest rating.

Mahomes scored a perfect 1.00. Burrows a 1.02. Allen a 1.12 (which means 6 coaches voted him in tier2 and 44 voted him in tier 1).

The best tier 2 qb scored 1.82. 

So yeah, this guy is clueless. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.