Discuss

92dba58b-cc8f-4771-ad1b-3ff86d5f3601-105

And we're dealing with people like Justin Jones, who, like Shannon Watts, is a rabid gun control proponent who can't pass up a child's grave without slipping on his tap shoes and dancing on it.

You may remember Jones as one third of the "Tennessee Three," Tennessee Democratic State Representatives who encouraged rioters to storm the State Capitol and used the Covenant School Shooting as a personal stepping stone for their political (and television!) careers. Recall the time he brought a child-sized casket to work in order to make a statement about child victims of mass shootings as part of some twisted performance art intended to keep the spotlight not on the victims, but on himself. Jones made it abundantly clear that he's the kind of narcissistic POS that has come to be synonymous with so many far-left activists.

The kind of far-left activists who will take offense to condemnations of violent riots and smear law-abiding citizens as the bad guys.

And for what it's worth, that's exactly what he did last night on Kaitlan Collins' CNN show, where he went off on Aldean's "vile, racist song." 

There isn't any evidence to support any of what Jones claims about Aldean or "Try That in a Small Town," but Jones is making those claims anyway. And of course Kaitlan Collins, rather than pushing back against the obvious stupidity, is indulging him.

If Collins were actually interested in being honest with her viewers, she would've prepared to rebut Jones' bad-faith arguments. She certainly had time to come up with something, since Jones had tweeted about Aldean's song prior to his CNN appearance:

Jones makes it sound like Aldean is encouraging racist violence by ... singing about violence being bad (racist or otherwise). And what's "common sense" about gun laws that strip lawful gun owners of the right to protect their property and lives from people who are actually violent? When Justin Jones looks at the summer of 2020, he actually views the business owners as the enemy and the rioters threatening to get revenge on white people as the heroes. Insane.

Sounds like several posters here.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd/2023/07/20/justin-jones-jason-aldean-n2385572

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

So filming at a lynching site was meaningless or random?  C'mon.  You're not that stupid.  Why do you and yours use dog whistles instead of just saying what you mean directly.  He's saying to blacks, you do this here and we'll shoot your ass, which is actually debatable.  Why not just say it?  I guess he did with the song and video but when asked about it Aldean denied it.  trump has erased any veneer of civility and just come out with outright racist language.  Why don't his followers?

Sounds to me like it was random and not selected by him.  You can't be this stupid. That hat you're wearing takes more than one roll of Reynolds.

Edited by Pokebball
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Sounds to me like it was random and not selected by him.  You can't be this stupid. That hat you're wearing takes more than one roll of Reynolds.

Yup.  Deny clear reality.  Alternative facts.  It's what MAGA's do.

21 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Jones makes it sound like Aldean is encouraging racist violence by ... singing about violence being bad (racist or otherwise). And what's "common sense" about gun laws that strip lawful gun owners of the right to protect their property and lives from people who are actually violent? When Justin Jones looks at the summer of 2020, he actually views the business owners as the enemy and the rioters threatening to get revenge on white people as the heroes. Insane.

Because everyone is happy with angry, loser meth heads and fentanyl addicts having semi automatic weapons...and before you say it, I don't want BLM people to have them either.

"Try That In A Small Town, for me, refers to the feeling of a community that I had growing up, where we took care of our neighbors, regardless of differences of background or belief. Because they were our neighbors, and that was above any differences. My political views have never been something I’ve hidden from, and I know that a lot of us in this Country don’t agree on how we get back to a sense of normalcy where we go at least a day without a headline that keeps us up at night. But the desire for it to- that’s what this song is about."

He seems to have forgotten the part about granddaddy's gun and "best not come around here". "take care of our own...cross that line and won't take long to find out... wonder why?  He sounds so peaceful and content.  Just like those who buy his crap.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 2

10 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

You're conspiracy theory is your reality, obviously.

I can clearly make out a lot of white folks in the video, if your theory is accurate, why would there be white folk in the video? This fact on it's own proves your conpiracy theory wrong. I'm interested in your take here.

My reality is this - I live in a small country town and while we see little violence and hatred, what we see is mostly from white folk, and trust me, we don't tolerate it. And whatever the size of that demographic might be in my community, they understand that we don't tolerate it. They clearly understand we don't tolerate it. Because of this culture, my small country town is quite peaceful.

Edited by Pokebball
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

You're conspiracy theory is your reality, obviously.

I can clearly make out a lot of white folks in the video, if your theory is accurate, why would there be white folk in the video? This fact on it's own proves your conpiracy theory wrong. I'm interested in your take here.

My reality is this - I live in a small country town and while we see little violence and hatred, what we see is mostly from white folk, and trust me, we don't tolerate it. And whatever the size of that demographic might be in my community, they understand that we don't tolerate it.

So they are not "your own"?  Were those people imported from some neighboring county?  No natives cooking meth there?  maybe you chose an affluent rural community and they do their best to keep the riff raff out...cool

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

So they are not "your own"?  Were those people imported from some neighboring county?  No natives cooking meth there?  maybe you chose an affluent rural community and they do their best to keep the riff raff out...cool

Some of everything you described is here.

This isn't about one or the other extreme, all or nothing. It's about being LESS tolerant of bad shyt. 

Do you have a thought regarding why there are clearly white folk doing bad shyt in the video? How do you reconcile that with your tinfoil, conspiracy theory?

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

It sounds random and not selected by Aldean.

I don't know if the producers of the video knew about that history. I'm guessing that you'll find something racist went on in every southern courthouse that has been standing more than 60 years or so.

Not everything about our small southern towns is worthy of praise.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I don't know if the producers of the video knew about that history. I'm guessing that you'll find something racist went on in every southern courthouse that has been standing more than 60 years or so.

You just completely burst redhawk’s bubble. Now he’s on an island. All my best to the hawk. 

You seem to know an awful lot about small towns. How so? Have you lived in one? Many? In many different parts of the country? Earlier you made a claim about 95% of them so I am left wondering how you became so knowledgeable on small town culture. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

He seems to have forgotten the part about granddaddy's gun and "best not come around here". "take care of our own...cross that line and won't take long to find out... wonder why?  He sounds so peaceful and content.  Just like those who buy his crap.

I think you've misquoted him here. Of course the actual lyrics don't fit with the racist hate agenda you have.

The actual lyrics, in context, are "Got a gun that my granddad gave me, They say one day they're gonna round up, Well, that ***** might fly in the city, good luck". It's certainly a pro 2A stanza that's in the song. But in context, it's a stanza about the federal govts efforts of confiscating guns.

There isn't a line "best not come around here" in the stanza or anywhere in the song that I can find. You made it up. Why the quotes and lie?

Oh well, racist hate to your hearts content.

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Absolute truth and something I can't deny.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

You just completely burst redhawk’s bubble. Now he’s on an island. All my best to the hawk. 

You seem to know an awful lot about small towns. How so? Have you lived in one? Many? In many different parts of the country? Earlier you made a claim about 95% of them so I am left wondering how you became so knowledgeable on small town culture. 

I have lived in a couple small towns. And I don't mean tourist/resort towns or quaint college towns. One near the southwest border, one in the midwest.

I knew many good people in both. But I was kind of shocked to find that what I used to think were "urban problems" (like drug addiction) were just as, if not more, prevalent in those towns.

EDIT: yeah, its from the NYT, so feel free to brush it aside. But it kind of captures what's going on in many, many small towns across America, and with a great degree of empathy:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/22/opinion/rural-america-economy-revive.html

Edited by The Frankish Reich

9 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

think you've misquoted him here

it's called paraphrasing.  Is that not what these lyrics mean to you?

Try that in a small town
See how far ya make it down the road
Around here, we take care of our own
You cross that line, it won't take long
For you to find out, I recommend you don't

Re Frank's opinion on the location, I disagree.  I certainly don't take Aldean at his word.  But he's making money pushing violence so it's ok.🙃

Edited by redtail hawk

21 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

it's called paraphrasing.  Is that not what these lyrics mean to you?

Try that in a small town
See how far ya make it down the road
Around here, we take care of our own
You cross that line, it won't take long
For you to find out, I recommend you don't

Re Frank's opinion on the location, I disagree.  I certainly don't take Aldean at his word.  But he's making money pushing violence so it's ok.🙃

Well you heard the saying F*** around, Find out? I think that's what Aldean is saying. 

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

I don't think it should be cancelled either.  It's free speech still, I think.  Just be much more honorable (cough, cough) to own up to the intention of it.

plausible deniability.  A fav MAGA tactic even when not plausible.  trump made a career of it.

is it that bad now?  haven't been back for a while.  Lewiston is still nice.

Hows was your life before trump ruined it? Maaaaannnn howww sad......ptsd is running wild today.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Went to billboard.  Noticed one of the top songs and been there for 30 weeks is all about spouse abuse.  

https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100/

Uh, I just killed my ex (my ex)
Not the best idea (idea)
Killed his girlfriend next, how'd I get here?
I just killed my ex (my ex)
I still love him, though (I do)
Rather be in Hell than alone.

How nice.  

Black guy reacting says “If they’re canceling this, I don’t wanna be an American”…

Another one states that the song brings the country together”…

Contrary to what the activist mob or woke corporate sponsors of CMT are saying, most Americans agree with the song’s message, and actually enjoy it…👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Black guy reacting says “If they’re canceling this, I don’t wanna be an American”…

Another one states that the song brings the country together”…

Contrary to what the activist mob or woke corporate sponsors of CMT are saying, most Americans agree with the song’s message, and actually enjoy it…👍

Activist white guys and gals doing their thing. That's how it was a few years ago and it's remained that way through today. Why do white dems not want the country to come together? I think more and more minorities are tired of the white activist dem's game.

• Like (+1) 1

Actually, like Jason Aldean’s music

It’s a free country

I think it was his comments afterwards that bothered me whenever people question him about it which is their freedom to do he called that dangerous rhetoric

I mean what exactly does that mean because that sounds like something Trump would say

Continue making your music Jason get your bag. I say that to everybody get your bag whenever you can get it just know that this was not patriotic. It was simply a product.

• Like (+1) 1

American music culture has been on the decline since the late 90’s. Most say 911 changed everything but I disagree. It was already in motion. People listening to country/pop is really no surprise these days.  Late stage idiocracy is upon us.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It’s a free country

I think it was his comments afterwards that bothered me whenever people question him about it which is their freedom to do he called that dangerous rhetoric

I mean what exactly does that mean because that sounds like something Trump would say

Continue making your music Jason get your bag. I say that to everybody get your bag whenever you can get it just know that this was not patriotic. It was simply a product.

Jason was smart. 

He read the market well.

He knew these gun nuts would get off on this song and cause all this drama - all so that he could make a ton of money.

It worked 

On 7/20/2023 at 12:51 PM, redtail hawk said:

Because everyone is happy with angry, loser meth heads and fentanyl addicts having semi automatic weapons...and before you say it, I don't want BLM people to have them either.

"Try That In A Small Town, for me, refers to the feeling of a community that I had growing up, where we took care of our neighbors, regardless of differences of background or belief. Because they were our neighbors, and that was above any differences. My political views have never been something I’ve hidden from, and I know that a lot of us in this Country don’t agree on how we get back to a sense of normalcy where we go at least a day without a headline that keeps us up at night. But the desire for it to- that’s what this song is about."

by law you cannot buy a weapon if you’re on drugs. ***** learn something 

7 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

by law you cannot buy a weapon if you’re on drugs. ***** learn something 

So is there a big I’m on drugs sign that gets on your forehead when you start using them or something

Exactly. How do you police that? Unless you have a prior record and even now they’re looking for records of people that have been violent.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So is there a big I’m on drugs sign that gets on your forehead when you start using them or something

Exactly. How do you police that? Unless you have a prior record and even now they’re looking for records of people that have been violent.

you cannot lie on the form. This is what your best friend hunter Biden did. Although he should have received jail time for it. Because you support joe Biden and the criminals they are he received little punishment.  You voted for this 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

It’s a free country

Well, accusing someone of promoting lynching (which is a crime) is, in fact, very dangerous rhetoric- especially when he didn’t even come close to doing that…

All it takes is one loon, off their rocker, to do something stupid because they heard that he wanted to lynch some black guy…

9 hours ago, BillStime said:

Another grifter 

Which one? He showed about 10 people in the video who all share his opinion on the subject…

Are they all grifters, too? 😉

Looks like the average person sees nothing wrong….

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

you cannot lie on the form. This is what your best friend hunter Biden did. Although he should have received jail time for it. Because you support joe Biden and the criminals they are he received little punishment.  You voted for this 

Do you have an extremely short memory?

I am not a Hunter Biden fan

I have repeatedly said on here that he is a hot mess

Now, let’s say this a little slower, you absolutely can lie on an application if you have used drugs before, and nothing will happen to you if you do not have a prior record

24 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Which one? He showed about 10 people in the video who all share his opinion on the subject…

Are the all grifters, too? 😉

Look at the topic of every video Officer Tatum produced - this guy knows who will butter his bread.

On 7/20/2023 at 8:53 AM, Irv said:

It's pathetic that losers around the country are calling the top two songs on the country chart racist.  Get a life.  WTF isn't racist now?  Pick anything and call it racist and the useful idiots will soil themselves and run with it.  What a mess.    

Lynching is an act of racism.  The song is about vigilante justice and the video is shot at a courthouse where a lynching occurred.  If you can’t understand that, then you must be on drugs.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Lynching is an act of racism.  The song is about vigilante justice and the video is shot at a courthouse where a lynching occurred.  If you can’t understand that, then you must be on drugs.  

Did they know the courhouse was the location of a lynching?  If they didn't the video isn't racist.  Wall street NYC had a slave market does that mean every video filmed there is racist?

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Do you have an extremely short memory?

I am not a Hunter Biden fan

I have repeatedly said on here that he is a hot mess

Now, let’s say this a little slower, you absolutely can lie on an application if you have used drugs before, and nothing will happen to you if you do not have a prior record

You support Joe.You support Hunter. They go hand in hand especially when you claim they have not done business together.  Lying on a gun form is a felony and jail time unless you're hunter who got no felonies and no jail time cause of who is father is. Since you support them you support the ability to lie on the form in order to illegally obtain firearms. 

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Well they could eliminate meth heads easily.  You need at least 1/2 your teeth and weigh at least 170 lbs to buy a gun.  But R's would never go for it.

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

waiting for the eyeroll or the mess comment.  I think they are that dumb.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

11 hours ago, BillStime said:

Jason was smart. 

He read the market well.

He knew these gun nuts would get off on this song and cause all this drama - all so that he could make a ton of money.

It worked 

you answered the question "why not just say uppity ######s will be shot and killed?".  Cuz then the song would make much less money....

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yikes….really? Time to seek serious help Hawk. 

I didn't write a song about vigilante justice and film it in front of an infamous lynching site.  Just commenting on the implied beliefs...Do you truly believe there aren't many people that think this way in say, Alabama or Tenn?  David Duke was a serious candidate relatively recently in La.

Edited by redtail hawk