Discuss

Just now, redtail hawk said:

I didn't write a song about vigilante justice and film it in front of an infamous lynching site.  Just commenting on the implied beliefs...

No…you’re repeating the outrage you’ve been told you should have. I’m guessing you shared no such outrage when you saw that episode of Hannah Montana. 

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

No…you’re repeating the outrage you’ve been told you should have. I’m guessing you shared no such outrage when you saw that episode of Hannah Montana. 

No idea. maybe u can post a clip.

So you don't believe there are rabid racists in the south?  Enough to make an open Klansman a viable candidate?  Or to throw out 2 elected black state representatives for protesting gun laws?

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

So you don't believe there are rabid racists in the south?  Enough to make an open Klansman a viable candidate?  Or to throw out 2 elected black state representatives for protesting gun laws?

And down the deflection Highway we go. Do I believe there are racists in America? Yes there are racists of every creed and color. It’s not exclusive to any one area of the country..or world for that  matter. But from what I’ve seen and heard it’s definitely NOT the point of this particular song. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And down the deflection Highway we go. Do I believe there are racists in America? Yes there are racists of every creed and color. It’s not exclusive to any one area of the country..or world for that  matter. But from what I’ve seen and heard it’s definitely NOT the point of this particular song. 

Do you condemn racism?  how bout this?  You good with this?  How bout if they divided congressional districts based on number of teeth?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/alabama-gop-refuses-draw-second-black-district-supreme-court-order-rcna94715

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Do you condemn racism?  how bout this?  You good with this?  How bout if they divided congressional districts based on number of teeth?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/alabama-gop-refuses-draw-second-black-district-supreme-court-order-rcna94715

And this has what to do with this song? Give me a break with this racism peddling business. You and I live in the most diverse civilization that has ever existed in the entire history of the world. 

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

Did they know the courhouse was the location of a lynching?  If they didn't the video isn't racist.  Wall street NYC had a slave market does that mean every video filmed there is racist?

You support Joe.You support Hunter. They go hand in hand especially when you claim they have not done business together.  Lying on a gun form is a felony and jail time unless you're hunter who got no felonies and no jail time cause of who is father is. Since you support them you support the ability to lie on the form in order to illegally obtain firearms. 

Hoax.  They know now that the mix of imagery and lyrics is bad.  Instead of reshooting, or apologizing, or using the moment to speak against racism, they doubled down and blew the dog whistle.  Shame. 

Edited by SectionC3
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  They know now that the mix of imagery and lyrics is bad.  Instead of reshooting, or apologizing, or using the moment to speak against racism, they doubled down and blew the dog whistle.  Shame. 

Or maybe the artist just wants to reinforce the actual message of his song, by not backing down to the fake woke mob….which is part of that exact same message. 

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Or maybe the artist just wants to reinforce the actual message of his song, by not backing down to the fake woke mob….which is part of that exact same message. 

Seems like the actual message is tinged with racism based on the video.  

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Why? Because there are black people doing things? There are also white people doing things. Or can you not see white people? The point and title of the song is NOT making a distinction between the color of skin, but rather the regarding the culture of small towns versus big cities. If you can’t see that, maybe the race ‘problem’ is yours. 

13 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

what do they have to apologize for? Not knowing about something that happened 150 years ago or whenever? Is that a thing now?

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

How bout this? Blm apologizes for the billions in damage and dozens dead during the riots? They do that and see if aldean apologizes 

There's a ton of sh1tty music out nowadays with horrible racist and hyper sexual lyrics, yet THIS is the song we pick out to have a national referendum on..

Alrighty then, carry on 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

Two days ago you referred to your own use of a racial slur as “having an opinion”. To quote you, “splain”. 

also - you are too old to be using splain. Are you also wearing a flat-billed hat pulled over your ears?

1 hour ago, JDHillFan said:

Two days ago you referred to your own use of a racial slur as “having an opinion”. To quote you, “splain”. 

also - you are too old to be using splain. Are you also wearing a flat-billed hat pulled over your ears?

No, I actually just walked the trail with a bills cap on.  Splain comes from I love Lucy.

Hoax.

1 hour ago, TSOL said:

There's a ton of sh1tty music out nowadays with horrible racist and hyper sexual lyrics, yet THIS is the song we pick out to have a national referendum on..

Alrighty then, carry on 

Controversial Art has been banned in conservative areas for decades

Edited by redtail hawk

Just now, redtail hawk said:

No, I actually just walked the trail with a bills cap on.  Splain comes from I love Lucy.

A senate committee chaired by democrats voted unanimously to condemn the racist comments towards Clarence Thomas that came from Keith Ellison. You have cheered those comments on. Seems odd that you would be playing the high and mighty role re: racism this morning. Splain. 

4 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

A senate committee chaired by democrats voted unanimously to condemn the racist comments towards Clarence Thomas that came from Keith Ellison. You have cheered those comments on. Seems odd that you would be playing the high and mighty role re: racism this morning. Splain. 

He's a corrupt SCOTUS judge that always rules against Black Americans.  I stand with Ellison.

Today, I'm hearing all of the good, old boys and girls saying if you don't like Jason Aldean, you don't have to listen to him. Okay, and if you don't like certain library books, you don't have to ban them, because you certainly
AIN'T going to read them!

A Facebook post from a friend who is a multi generational Virginian.  Not one dislike or negative comment on the post.  Comments like "absolutely", "well said" and "that video is disgusting"...

27 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

He's a corrupt SCOTUS judge that always rules against Black Americans.  I stand with Ellison.

Racial slurs are now ok per redhawk. They just need to be directed at people you disagree with. Sick. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Everyone knows that Billsy just posts bullsh*t.

But this was excrement even for him.

Can't defend the false "song is racist" narrative.

So use a tragedy to try, and fail, to smear the singer.

Note:  My brother and sister-in-law were in that crowd and I don't take kindly to it being misused.

56 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Hoax.

Totally cool though right redtail? 

Or this? Listen to them 

But that country song, that's where you're drawing the line huh. Interesting hill to choose to fight for. Let me know how that works out for you 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TSOL said:

Totally cool though right redtail? 

Or this? Listen to them 

But that country song, that's where you're drawing the line huh. Interesting hill to choose to fight for. Let me know how that works out for you 

two or 25 wrongs don't make a right.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Everyone knows that Billsy just posts bullsh*t.

But this was excrement even for him.

Can't defend the false "song is racist" narrative.

So use a tragedy to try, and fail, to smear the singer.

Note:  My brother and sister-in-law were in that crowd and I don't take kindly to it being misused.

Cry, harder.

You reap what you sow.

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Avery good friend of mine was there. I have no idea what your point is here. 

See above.

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

What exactly is the "fake woke mob?"  It sounds like another MAGA invention. Like Antifa.  

I don't have a problem with the lyrics of the song. I  have a problem with the coupling of the lyrics and the subject imagery.  If that position of reasonableness and empathy for people who have been crapped on by our society for far too long makes me whatever "fake woke mob" is, then so be it. 

At bottom, this whole thing is kind of like Trump's Tulsa speech. That location was selected for a reason.  So was this one.  Draw your own conclusions. 

29 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Avery good friend of mine was there. I have no idea what your point is here. 

That Mr. Tough Guy Jason Aldean--probably the only guy who could have warned people as to what was going on--turned tail.  Maybe, truthfully, it's better that he didn't use the microphone lest he have incited a stampede.  I don't blame him for his choice.  But it's pretty clear what the poster's point is.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

What exactly is the "fake woke mob?"  It sounds like another MAGA invention. Like Antifa.  

I don't have a problem with the lyrics of the song. I  have a problem with the coupling of the lyrics and the subject imagery.  If that position of reasonableness and empathy for people who have been crapped on by our society for far too long makes me whatever "fake woke mob" is, then so be it. 

At bottom, this whole thing is kind of like Trump's Tulsa speech. That location was selected for a reason.  So was this one.  Draw your own conclusions. 

The white girl screaming at the cops was crapped on by society? Okie Dokie 

3 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Hoax.

That’s right.  Even here.  Green Lightning. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

This is what I imagine the MAGHA's want to get back to.  Sadly, many were never there.

Seems like you are interested in going back to a time when it was ok for a white man to throw slurs at a black man or cheer others on as they do it. You are the only person on this board, generally made up of toxic people, that does it. On top of that you try to brush it away as “just an opinion”, all the while playing the righteous indignation card at those that think differently than you do. There’s no splaining someone that behaves as you do. Sick. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Seems like you are interested in going back to a time when it was ok for a white man to throw slurs at a black man or cheer others on as they do it. You are the only person on this board, generally made up of toxic people, that does it. On top of that you try to brush it away as “just an opinion”, all the while playing the righteous indignation card at those that think differently than you do. There’s no splaining someone that behaves as you do. Sick. 

I liked the 60's altho a little kid then.  Civil rights legislation, Medicare etc.  Bad stuff too.  Lucy was an amazing talent.