Bills red helmet throwbacks incoming? 2023 NFL throwback uniform news

loyal2dagame

2 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

Of course they’re gonna wear them in Houston 🙄

Not in Houston. It's a home game but they shouldn't be wearing them against the Texans. Truth is the Texans are the ones who should be allowed to wear the Oilers throwbacks. After all they are Houston's football team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2

• loyal2dagame changed the title to Bills red helmet throwbacks incoming? 2023 NFL throwback uniform news

No Buffalo Bills red helmets for 2023. I am not surprised the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres aren’t run in a first class way like the Buffalo Bisons as an example. PSE has been trouble for 12 plus years nothing but controversy and missteps bumbling along yearly begging for public funds yet can’t give the Buffalo Bills fans a red helmet clueless ownership. Meanwhile the Buffalo Bisons upgraded there stadium privately and they have great new fun things for the Buffalo Bisons fans. Look at the Buffalo Bisons all kinds of uniforms and hats that are focused on our Western New York community and heritage than look at the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres low hanging fruit sell the teams PSE. There is no defending this no excuse just made up crap from a lazy out of touch organization and owner. The Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres are nothing more than a rich guys tax write off sell the teams PSE in my opinion. Go Bisons! Go Bills! Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, UConn James said:

Sal C tweeted today that there will be no red helmet and Kelly-era throwbacks this year. Disappointing 😕.

IMG_8502.jpeg

More disappointed that the all red uniforms are coming back again.

Are they doing the all blues again as the primary?  I hope not. 

• Agree 2

59 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

More disappointed that the all red uniforms are coming back again.

Are they doing the all blues again as the primary?  I hope not. 

all reds are really bad. Don't get why it's a thing. 

• Agree 2

I can’t remember in this thread or another, but Sal tweeted out, the Bills internally are not moving towards the red helmet this year.  That’s too bad as I kind of liked Josh in the red helmet and jersey over white pants.

I know the old argument they would lol like the Pats from the 80’s, or even the Chiefs, but I’d be fine with a throwback Thursday.  I loved that idea from Trapasso to have the league all do it.  He’ll, the NFL would make $ with more jersey sales.  NFL fans are suckers for more swag (myself included at times).

On 7/30/2023 at 9:11 AM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

All these other teams doing cool things with old uniforms. I don’t understand why we wouldn’t? If theirs one fanbase that would eat that up, it’s is. Seems like an easy PR win that we are just fumbling here.

I don’t think there is a single Bills fan making the determination whether to watch them on TV, or attend a game, based upon what helmet they wear.  There’s no revenue in retro helmets, and the Bills jerseys of the 90s are so similar to today’s that people aren’t going to buy them either.

The sole change I would like to see is the elimination of the red combo…but people buy those red jerseys so…

• Like (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.