Bills red helmet throwbacks incoming? 2023 NFL throwback uniform news

loyal2dagame

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp566 said:

No one is saying go back to red full time. We just want to have them as an alternate. I don’t get the whining 

I have no problem with it but I prefer to just have the standing bison as our alternates along with the jersey.

In fact, I’d rather go to the standing bison permanently with the charging bison as our alternate.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnnyp566 said:

No one is saying go back to red full time. We just want to have them as an alternate. I don’t get the whining 

I'm saying it.

Go back to the full 90's look.

It's the only significant period of time since the Bills have been in the NFL that you can't tell the story of the league without talking about the Bills.

Current Bills have been something like the Schottenheimer/Norv Turner era Chargers........look good on paper,  preseason favorites, high ranking units on O and D, regular season point differential champs.........but have not been close at all to winning a SB.    

They could use a change of threads.

The current uni's with the charging Buffalo on the white helmet isn't bad but the 90's uni's were great.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Don't understand the love for the white helmet's.

The red helmets are so much better. 

I think that Blue helmets with a white buffalo and red stripe would look cool.  

Great White Buffalo!  

• Vomit 2
  • Agree 1

Why are some people so against the red helmets? I like the whites, but it'd awesome to see the reds a few times a year too. I wonder what kind of sense of style people that are using the vomit emoji actually have. Shouldn't be allowed to comment if you're out here wearing baggy cargo shorts, graphic tees or tube socks with white New Balances.

• Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Beast said:

I have no problem with it but I prefer to just have the standing bison as our alternates along with the jersey.

In fact, I’d rather go to the standing bison permanently with the charging bison as our alternate.

The throwbacks are great both the all-white and blue over white. Speaking of blue over white throwbacks it's been a long time since they wore those. I would hope they bring them back at some point. As for this year I hope the Bills go back to blue over white as the primary home look. They wore the all blues for most of their home games last year. I do think they will wear white for the home opener vs the Raiders. Sunday afternoon 1:00 in Sept can still be hot out in Buffalo. 

9 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out,  but there is no padding in that helmet. Just a plastic filler so it cant be worn...

just like I said before it's just for a beer display at a supermarket. it's not something the bills put out at all. it looks like it from a kid's toy uniform outfit.

Edited by Yawning Frog
  • Eyeroll 1

18 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Let's bring back everything that reminds us of failure.

If that's the concern, we need to completely change our logo and entire color scheme.

Hey, they Sabres did that for a reason!

Still miss these; but note they wore them quite a bit last year, and had a near perfect record in them! 

el-centro-de-buffalo-sabres-michael-peca

11 hours ago, PBF81 said:

I think that Blue helmets with a white buffalo and red stripe would look cool.  

Great White Buffalo!  

Don't like it! And at a glance it kind of reminds of the Giants, which makes me want to gag.

EAl2O3qXkAIRf9P.jpg

15 hours ago, nucci said:

The reds were a gimmick. Whites are originals

The reds were not a gimmick.  They helped a QB help see Bills WRs and Bills just continued using them for a period after that.

Lots of articles on Bills potentially bringing back res helmets as throwbacks and there certainly are marketing reasons to do it - the most important reason for Bills these days.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.