GDT: USFL Championship - BHM vs PIT 8pm NBC

PromoTheRobot

Birmingham are defending champs. Their QB will likely be on an NFL roster soon. TE And RB too. Pittsburgh won a weak North division. Odds say this is a blowout but the Maulers defense is pretty damn good. They force turnovers.

Besides what else is on tonight?

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/usfl/2023-usfl-championship-game-odds-maulers-stallions-betting-lines-spreads

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Pittsburg's kickers name, I can't even, that's rough, and with that name he became a Kicker I mean wow.

Blewitt? He made them all! 55 yarder to close the half.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

What a bonehead play by the QB.  Throw the ball away!

He's lucky they took the TD away because of another bonehead lateral that was too far forward. 

McGough is league MVP and I think he thinks he can do it all.

• Agree 1

On 7/1/2023 at 7:55 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

McGough PoG? His WR Deon Cain #85 deserved it more.

Were they just coaching Skip Holtz  on how to lift the trophy?

That was Daryl Johnston coaching Holtz on lifting the trophy. Pretty funny moment. Hey, Holtz lifted it last year. I think he can handle it.

it looked like of Miller beer they were celebrating with, but not sure.

it was a fun season.

2 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

That was Daryl Johnston coaching Holtz on lifting the trophy. Pretty funny moment. Hey, Holtz lifted it last year. I think he can handle it.

it looked like of Miller beer they were celebrating with, but not sure.

it was a fun season.

It was 40 oz Millers.

The problem with the USFL and XFL is that it has no football history. I grew up with both the NFL and CFL my entire life in Buffalo so I would choose CFL over the USFL and XFL. I wouldn’t place a hypothetical Buffalo CFL, USFL or XFL team in the new Buffalo Bills stadium no matter what because it would potentially fail because of the Orchard Park location and the sky high rent cost paid to PSE unless Terry Pegula owned the team himself it would most likely fail overtime. I would place a potential Buffalo CFL, USFL or XFL team in the heart of the city of downtown Buffalo.

Buffalo Bisons Sahlen’s Field adding some bleacher seats to get the capacity to 25,000 seats. So you would have a Buffalo Bisons/Buffalo Bills War Memorial Stadium setup again but without the 20,000 extra seats that War Memorial Stadium had that aren’t needed for CFL football and better city center location than both War Memorial Stadium and Highmark Stadium 2 don’t have. Again this isn’t new I have wanted to move some if not all of the UB Bulls football games to Sahlen’s Field for some time now because it’s a better viewing experience and amenities experience over UB Stadium that is one of the worst stadiums in Buffalo and in all of Major College Football as a 30 year plus UB Bulls football season ticket holder at UB Stadium it looks like inside it just a concrete box with metal bleachers it’s needs several hundred of millions of dollars renovations which honestly I don’t see how UB and UB donors are raising $100 million dollars or more. It took UB donors 20 plus years to raise $30 million for the UB Field house and they just broke ground on the UB performance athletics center attached to the UB Field House.

Until UB Stadium track is completely removed the outdated video scoreboard is upgraded and more chair back seating is added replacing more of the awful metal bleachers with more rest rooms to UB Stadium UB Bulls should try playing games at Sahlen’s Field. Just the Buffalo curious sports fan factor would draw Buffalo fans. It would be the first major football game outside in Buffalo city limits since 1972 it’s worth a try for UB Bulls football. The Sahlen’s Field capacity now for just UB Bulls MAC college football is more than enough capacity right now in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by I am leaving for good

4 hours ago, I am leaving for good said:

The problem with the USFL and XFL is that it has no football history. I grew up with both the NFL and CFL my entire life in Buffalo so I would choose CFL over the USFL and XFL. I wouldn’t place a hypothetical Buffalo CFL, USFL or XFL team in the new Buffalo Bills stadium no matter what because it would potentially fail because of the Orchard Park location and the sky high rent cost paid to PSE unless Terry Pegula owned the team himself it would most likely fail overtime. I would place a potential Buffalo CFL, USFL or XFL team in the heart of the city of downtown Buffalo.

Buffalo Bisons Sahlen’s Field adding some bleacher seats to get the capacity to 25,000 seats. So you would have a Buffalo Bisons/Buffalo Bills War Memorial Stadium setup again but without the 20,000 extra seats that War Memorial Stadium had that aren’t needed for CFL football and better city center location than both War Memorial Stadium and Highmark Stadium 2 don’t have. Again this isn’t new I have wanted to move some if not all of the UB Bulls football games to Sahlen’s Field for some time now because it’s a better viewing experience and amenities experience over UB Stadium that is one of the worst stadiums in Buffalo and in all of Major College Football as a 30 year plus UB Bulls football season ticket holder at UB Stadium it looks like inside it just a concrete box with metal bleachers it’s needs several hundred of millions of dollars renovations which honestly I don’t see how UB and UB donors are raising $100 million dollars or more. It took UB donors 20 plus years to raise $30 million for the UB Field house and they just broke ground on the UB performance athletics center attached to the UB Field House.

Until UB Stadium track is completely removed the outdated video scoreboard is upgraded and more chair back seating is added replacing more of the awful metal bleachers with more rest rooms to UB Stadium UB Bulls should try playing games at Sahlen’s Field. Just the Buffalo curious sports fan factor would draw Buffalo fans. It would be the first major football game outside in Buffalo city limits since 1972 it’s worth a try for UB Bulls football. The Sahlen’s Field capacity now for just UB Bulls MAC college football is more than enough capacity right now in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

The USFL has lots of history. 1981-1984. It's where dozens of NFL stars began their career.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.