Supreme Court Strikes Down College Affirmative Action

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Libs are the biggest racists on earth. 

I want to be angry with her, I really do.  I want to tell her that her surname, Marsh, implies English heritage and her family likely oppressed the Irish (my people!) and caused great hardship before and after the Great Potato famine.  I just can’t. I don’t know why.  I can’t explain it.  @muppy am I a liberal? 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I want to be angry with her, I really do.  I want to tell her that her surname, Marsh, implies English heritage and her family likely oppressed the Irish (my people!) and caused great hardship before and after the Great Potato famine.  I just can’t. I don’t know why.  I can’t explain it.  @muppy am I a liberal? 

“Lemme explain…..”

Maybe if I put ULTRA MAGA in ALL CAPS I will be cloaked in magic powers where I can’t be canceled 

Hahahahaha

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Libs are the biggest racists on earth. 

These are the people holding black people back…

Frederick Douglas, Booker T. Washington, and MLK would greatly disagree with this privileged little racist…

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

curses summoned again Brat behavior indeed 🙂 IM KIDDING.

I googled liberal. Leo using this as a mupguide My answer is yes.   I don't think Anyone thinks allll the way right or allll the way left and  be considered intelligent. And I consider you that so that's my answer and Im stickin' to it. 

willing to respect or accept behavior or opinions different from one's own; open to new ideas.

• Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Anyone who is against this ruling...

You are a RACIST. We have no use for your kind in our society. We are all HUMANS, stop trying to segregate us. Common sense has prevailed today!

So the military is still racist….because the can still use race as a factor according to the majority opinion?

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

So the bi polar court ruled yesterday that colleges cannot use race as a criteria for admittance BUT rules today a company can use sexuality as a way to discriminate against LGTBQ.

lmao - you can’t make this up.

Hold up. you all been telling us for years that a private business has the right to do as they wish.

1 minute ago, TH3 said:

So the military is still racist….because the can still use race as a factor according to the majority opinion?

Last I heard the military was lowering standards because they will take about anyone and are way short of recruitment goals.

But they choose based on race?

if you think the left is enraged now. wait till Bidens illegal Debt forgiveness scam is ruled unconstitutional.

The usual voices are already using the Colorado ruling on religion as an attack on LGBT.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Hold up. you all been telling us for years that a private business has the right to do as they wish.

A private business is going to do what they want ... a college/university is going to do what they want.... a woman is going to do what she wants... but enshrining discrimination into law - well - that opens up a whole new can of worms.

NO MAGA

NO PRIESTS

NO CATHOLICS

NO BLACKS

NO JEWS

NO INTERRACIAL COUPLES

NO SERVICE

This is gonna be fun... nothing like transforming America, right @Doc?

f'n idiots

Media outlets have predictably chosen to turn to progressives for "objective" "analysis" of today's Supreme Court ruling striking down affirmative action in college admissions.

It's annoying as hell, and it certainly doesn't allow room to entertain opinions from people who feel that SCOTUS made the right decision. 

So we were pleasantly surprised to see this clip of Brown University student Alex Shieh being interviewed by ABC News' David Muir during a "Special Report" on SCOTUS' ruling. He did as good a job as any of making a clear and reasonable argument against affirmative action policies as you'll find, and he did it all without resorting to the sort of screaming and shouting that we've gotten from the liberal side of the debate. Watch for yourselves and see what we mean:

Alex Shieh understands why affirmative action is wrong, and he eloquently presented a case against it and in favor of colleges taking a holistic approach to vetting prospective students. 

https://twitchy.com/sarahd/2023/06/29/brown-university-student-response-to-scotus-decision-n2384955

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Media outlets have predictably chosen to turn to progressives for "objective" "analysis" of today's Supreme Court ruling striking down affirmative action in college admissions.

It's annoying as hell, and it certainly doesn't allow room to entertain opinions from people who feel that SCOTUS made the right decision. 

So we were pleasantly surprised to see this clip of Brown University student Alex Shieh being interviewed by ABC News' David Muir during a "Special Report" on SCOTUS' ruling. He did as good a job as any of making a clear and reasonable argument against affirmative action policies as you'll find, and he did it all without resorting to the sort of screaming and shouting that we've gotten from the liberal side of the debate. Watch for yourselves and see what we mean:

Alex Shieh understands why affirmative action is wrong, and he eloquently presented a case against it and in favor of colleges taking a holistic approach to vetting prospective students. 

https://twitchy.com/sarahd/2023/06/29/brown-university-student-response-to-scotus-decision-n2384955

Behind the scenes I have absolutely no doubt the ***** stains that generally post here are trying to get Brown to expell him. The mouth breathing left want this guys like to be Rittenhoused and Sandermanned. 

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

pretty sure he just became a meme.  I keep reading how he is Based.

they are gonna have to attack him. cause it's gonna be very hard to find any part of his statement that can be attacked.

Edited by Chris farley
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Student loan bailout was, to me, a closer case, but only because on its face Congress stupidly gave the President (Bush 43, post-9/11) ridiculously expansive authority to tinker with student loans. The language should have been narrow: "for borrowers able to show a temporary hardship in making payments that is based on the attacks of September 11 and its immediate consequences, the Secretary of Education shall have the authority to delay required payments, without further accrual of interest, for a period not to exceed 18 months." Or something like that.

I hope Congress learned something; I doubt they have.

• Agree 1

Affirmative Action has had forty-five years to prove its worth. It hasn't.

Colleges deny the most qualified applicants, and their quota-filling replacements wash out after one or two years, all for the sake of photos of "diverse" smiling faces in their brochures.

And you still are on the hook for that student loan.

Remember, Bided declared up front that he would ONLY hire according to Affirmative Action.

You see how far that has gotten his administration.

• Like (+1) 2

Yipes !

FTA:

Chief Justice John Roberts delivered a scathing response to the liberal justices in Thursday’s Affirmative Action decision, accusing them of burying a power grab in the dissents penned by Justices Sonia Sotomayor and Ketanji Brown Jackson, with Justice Elena Kagan concurring.

Roberts addressed the dissent on page 46 of his opinion, saying that the Justices had divorced the case from the context in a concerted effort to make the Court the arbiter of which race[s] were entitled to preferential treatment.

“The principal dissent wrenches our case law from its context, going to lengths to ignore the parts of that law it does not like. The serious reservations that Bakke, Grutter, and Fisher had about racial preferences go unrecognized,” Roberts began. “The unambiguous requirements of the Equal Protection Clause — ‘the most rigid,’ ‘searching’ scrutiny it entails — go without note.”

“And the repeated demands that race-based admissions programs must end go overlooked — contorted, worse still, into a demand that such programs never stop,” Roberts continued.

The Chief Justice went on to attack the liberal justices’ apparent attempt to reserve for the Court the power to choose which race[s] deserve such beneficial treatment, saying it was so egregious that it mirrored decisions rendered before the “Second Founding” — when the post-Civil-War-era 14th Amendment and the included Equal Protection Clause put an end to the Court’s freedom to do so.

“That is a remarkable view of the judicial role—remarkably wrong,” Roberts said. “Lost in the false pretense of judicial humility that the dissent espouses is a claim to power so radical, so destructive, that it required a Second Founding to undo. ‘Justice Harlan knew better,’ one of the dissents decrees. … Indeed he did: ‘[I]n view of the Constitution, in the eye of the law, there is in this country no superior, dominant, ruling class of citizens. There is no caste here. Our Constitution is color-blind, and neither knows nor tolerates classes among citizens.’ Plessy, 163 U. S., at 559 (Harlan, J., dissenting).”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/chief-justice-roberts-accuses-liberal-justices-of-power-grab-in-affirmative-action-opinion

• Awesome! (+1) 3

On 6/29/2023 at 11:06 AM, boyst said:

i don't post here much since the worthwhile folks left.

but, i just want to stand here and beat the drum of victory on the folks who don't like this.

Still pretty much the same #######s that have been posting here year after year, copy and pasting their tired BS. I'd think you would love it!