The NFL's Greatest Games - The Comeback - 1992 AFC Wild Card HD

16 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

During the Drought years I relied so heavily on rewatching all the classic games from the Glory Years I don't have it in me to rewatch those games anymore.  Thankful we currently have a relevant team again!

The comeback game will always be legendary though

yea, they had the music city miracle on the nfl network the other day... watched for 12 seconds and had to turn it off. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I was so pissed that I had to work during that game. As a teen, I worked at Service Merchandise & luckily got moved to the electronics department that day, the game was on just about all 40 TVs in the place. So I did get to see about 90% of it, catching glances while helping customers. All my memories of the game appear in my head as happening on a wall of TVs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, 947 said:

I was so pissed that I had to work during that game. As a teen, I worked at Service Merchandise & luckily got moved to the electronics department that day, the game was on just about all 40 TVs in the place. So I did get to see about 90% of it, catching glances while helping customers. All my memories of the game appear in my head as happening on a wall of TVs.

Pretty sure that game was blacked out locally in Buffalo. Or were you out of town? 

• Like (+1) 2

I had to work that day but fortunately on the way to work, I wrecked my car.

A friend came to get me and we listened on the radio. Kept turning it off in disgust but kept turning it back on because how could you not? Managed to get back home (to Oswego where it was on TV) just in time to watch the end of 4Q and overtime. Great day.

Totaled my GFs car the next week, but the Bills weren't playing so that was a bad day.

Edited by mbs
  • Like (+1) 1

Listened on the radio with my dad since it wasn’t on TV in WNY (which - looking back - is shocking). I was 12 but remember just being annoyed by the loss. Then, the second half started. And my annoyance turned to sadness as the pick six put the nail in the coffin. 

Luckily, my old man is stubborn. In the history of attending Bills and Sabres games with him, no matter the score, we never left early. Apparently same went for blowout games on the radio. And I’m glad it did. 

1 hour ago, 947 said:

947? Fellow Derby guy? 

It was on a while back but I recorded it and just watched it Saturday. A couple of things:

1. The defense obviously was completely flummoxed in the first half, but man, as much credit as the offense got that was a top level defense. Smith, Bennett, Talley, Jones, Kelso, Odomes, Hansen et al. were a great unit. They shut the Oilers down in the 2nd half. The 90-93 Bills are underappreciated given their Super Bowl losses, but man, what a time to be a Bills' fan.

2. Every time I watch that game it reminds me of how awful it was that the Oilers left for Nashville and took their name and franchise history with them. I absolutely love the Oiler's helmets with the simple oil derrick. I suppose it's just the old fart in me because I hated seeing another symbol of the old AFL cast aside. I do think the league could have done the same thing with Houston that they did with the Browns, which is allow the city to keep the name and the franchise history, particularly since Houston was awarded a franchise not that long after the Oilers left.

6 hours ago, 947 said:

Well, that sucks. I had the same experience for the Bills first SB against the Giants. Had to work bussing tables in the college dining hall. But they had the game on a big screen there. I had a bad feeling before Norwood attempted that 47-yarder.

5 hours ago, mbs said:

I had to work that day but fortunately on the way to work, I wrecked my car.

A friend came to get me and we listened on the radio. Kept turning it off in disgust but kept turning it back on because how could you not? Managed to get back home (to Oswego where it was on TV) just in time to watch the end of 4Q and overtime. Great day.

Totaled my GFs car the next week, but the Bills weren't playing so that was a bad day.

Wait...you totaled two cars in a week??!

Edited by chongli

1 hour ago, chongli said:

Wait...you totaled two cars in a week??!

Oh no, that'd be nuts. Just hers. Mine only had liability insurance. 

In my defense, I'm pretty sure the town of Fulton didn't own a snow plow.

Edited by mbs
self defense.
  • Haha (+1) 1

Watched it at Manikins Bar on Niagara Falls Blvd. near the 290.  Used to be the old Three Coins.  They were able to show it calling it a “private party”. 

Remember halftime debating on leaving and stayed to drink more.  Glad we never left!  It was mayhem!

Watched the game many times since. What’s weird to me is how easy they made it look.  Yeah, knowing what play is going to happen does that, but they just dominated the 2nd half.

Edited by davefan66

54 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Watched it at Manikins Bar on Niagara Falls Blvd. near the 290.  Used to be the old Three Coins.  They were able to show it calling it a “private party”. 

Remember halftime debating on leaving and stayed to drink more.  Glad we never left!  It was mayhem!

Watched the game many times since. What’s weird to me is how easy they made it look.  Yeah, knowing what play is going to happen does that, but they just dominated the 2nd half.

I went to UB when they called that bar the Three Coins.  I remember it being kind of dumpy.  I was at the game.  Most incredible thing I have ever seen in sports with possibly the Miracle on Ice tied with that game for first.

• Like (+1) 1

Anyone who says they didn't leave the game is bordering on lying, because people were STREAMING out.  Including my brother any myself.  But he has always been the die hard that waits until the last play, and said "Let's stand here (on a handicap area) and watch."  And it just started happening.  It was biblical.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Whites Bay said:

Anyone who says they didn't leave the game is bordering on lying, because people were STREAMING out.  Including my brother any myself.  But he has always been the die hard that waits until the last play, and said "Let's stand here (on a handicap area) and watch."  And it just started happening.  It was biblical.

For a second there I thought YOU were going to be the first person to ever publicly admit to leaving the game early:D

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

For a second there I thought YOU were going to be the first person to ever publicly admit to leaving the game early:D

Ha!  True enough!  In fairness, I DID leave my seat.  Got to the top of the tunnel, turned around...

The BEST part?  We had a ticket for our stepbrother.  He got so trashed the night before that he had to pass on traveling to the game, and then it wasn't televised in Rochester.  We still have his untorn ticket kicking around someplace.  It makes special guest appearances at family events.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Whites Bay said:

The BEST part?  We had a ticket for our stepbrother.  He got so trashed the night before that he had to pass on traveling to the game, and then it wasn't televised in Rochester.  We still have his untorn ticket kicking around someplace.  It makes special guest appearances at family events.

The ticket or the stepbrother?

2 hours ago, Whites Bay said:

Ha!  True enough!  In fairness, I DID leave my seat.  Got to the top of the tunnel, turned around...

That ticket's probably worth some money. Unused from one of the greatest comebacks? 

5 hours ago, Whites Bay said:

I was 18 at the time, and there with 6 of my buddies.  

We never even thought about leaving

And I keep the ticket stub in my wallet to prove it when necessary

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.