Patriots CB arrested

PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Not defending a Pat and who knows dude could just be a scumbag. But federal gun laws are tricky af. Hunters and law abiding gun owners get popped on the confusion of these all the time.

No if he was trying to carry it on sure, f him. But if it was checked, I'll reserve judgement till we hear more.

The link claims it was in a carry on, so not checked.

Checked isn't a problem, if you know the rules.

Having one in a bag at a TSA screening area is, unless you are in the group that it is allowed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DCbillsfan said:

A fair number of gun owners hide their guns in luggage I.e. no gun safe.  Then they go on a trip and forget the gun is in their bag.  It happens fairly frequently.

Oh well

Never mind then,   just an oopsy daisy

Like trigger locks and loaded hand guns

Oops !

1 minute ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I am in no way trying to open a gun debate here. My point is what are thinking trying to carry them on a plane.

I know, I was not either lol. I’m sure they are fine weapons and the owner an idiot. Couldn’t add the sarcasm and my laugh on the first post. Apologies on my part, didn’t mean to mislead

Edited by WyoAZBillfan

17 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Whats wrong with these idiots and their guns SMH

You mean America?

and this dude is a straight up idiot. Constantly messing up and I didn’t even realize he got suspenses last year by them. But let’s see what the genius does here. He used to cut guys for being late to practice. Lot easier when you have Brady instead of Mac. Belichick is a fraud. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, StHustle said:

Nothingburger 

I tend to agree. In 1997, Cowboys HC Barry Switzer brought a gun to the airport:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Switzer

"In August 1997, Switzer was arrested after a loaded .38-caliber revolver was found in his luggage at the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. Switzer, who was returning to the team's training camp facility in Austin, said there were children at his Dallas home and he put the gun in his bag to hide it from them. He said he accidentally forgot to remove the gun from the bag before heading to the airport.[17] Switzer pleaded guilty, was fined $3,500, and was given one year deferred adjudication. Two days later, he was fined $75,000 by Jones (equivalent to $136,723 in 2022)"

So, he ended up just paying some fines basically. I know, with Jack Jones' case it is different though, since he has priors (a commercial burglary in 2018 and being suspended by the Patriots for breaking an unspecified team rule).

Uh...he might want to actually hold off buying that jersey.

15 hours ago, chongli said:

I tend to agree. In 1997, Cowboys HC Barry Switzer brought a gun to the airport:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Switzer

"In August 1997, Switzer was arrested after a loaded .38-caliber revolver was found in his luggage at the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. Switzer, who was returning to the team's training camp facility in Austin, said there were children at his Dallas home and he put the gun in his bag to hide it from them. He said he accidentally forgot to remove the gun from the bag before heading to the airport.[17] Switzer pleaded guilty, was fined $3,500, and was given one year deferred adjudication. Two days later, he was fined $75,000 by Jones (equivalent to $136,723 in 2022)"

So, he ended up just paying some fines basically. I know, with Jack Jones' case it is different though, since he has priors (a commercial burglary in 2018 and being suspended by the Patriots for breaking an unspecified team rule).

Uh...he might want to actually hold off buying that jersey.

I mean the point is it was clearly an accident. Nobody thinks he was trying to sneak guns on board to hijack the plane. He forgot they were in there. These cases of celebs or athletes doing thia always get dropped. Yes it was negligent and irresponsible but beyond that, nothing to see here folks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, billsintaiwan said:

How the hell is he supposed to defend himself against a tyrannical government? On the airplane?

Exactly ! You get it 
:D

and the "I forgot where my loaded gun was " might be a concern

I know where mine is always  lol

On 6/17/2023 at 4:11 PM, Mike in Horseheads said:

I am in no way trying to open a gun debate here. My point is what are thinking trying to carry them on a plane.

It’s been reported up here the guns were packed in his checked bag.. so he wasn’t trying to carry them onto the plane. Still very stupid just wanted to clarify it a bit :)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.