Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

19 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

not sure what/why all the talk about daboll to giants.

Anyway, why did the Bills cancel day 3 of mandatory camp??! 

It's normal from what I hear. I believe they've done it in the past. A little bonus for the players. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Guys I've been thinking about this and there is really no way for @Einstein  to prove his IQ has been tested that I'm willing to accept. I'm really having a hard time with this possible lie from the president of a company. Think about the workers! I suggest that we all go get tested and maybe he will slip in with the rest of us and do the right thing.  I think it's really the only way I can sleep at night.

Anyway, here's a link to one of the better organizations who do IQ tests. Please make sure to take the time out of your schedule to go take an actual physical test in person. This is an accomplishment I can dream and achieve!

https://www.mensa.org/contact/national-groups

44 minutes ago, Irv said:

Breaking News!  Diggs not at Day 3 mini-camp!  Holy Sh*t!

My god he took the whole damn team with him this time too.

9 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Guys I've been thinking about this and there is really no way for @Einstein  to prove his IQ has been tested that I'm willing to accept. I'm really having a hard time with this possible lie from the president of a company. Think about the workers! I suggest that we all go get tested and maybe he will slip in with the rest of us and do the right thing.  I think it's really the only way I can sleep at night.

Anyway, here's a link to one of the better organizations who do IQ tests. Please make sure to take the time out of your schedule to go take an actual physical test in person. This is an accomplishment I can dream and achieve!

https://www.mensa.org/contact/national-groups

This is a special thread.

27 minutes ago, Doc said:

If the Giants could mislead Flores about his chances as HC, they could easily mislead him about Daboll's alleged unhappiness with the Bills to get around tampering rules and pry him away from the Bills.  

Good point.  If a team had actually had discussions with Daboll about his willingness to leave Buffalo to take an OC position elsewhere such that they KNEW he would be willing to do so..... That Would Be Tampering, I do believe.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Sean overruled the ST coordinator on the squib - do you really think he wasn't in on the defensive call? He was talking into his headset...

This year

I was sitting with players families 9 rows up on the 25 yardline and saw Sean calling plays after Cincy scored their 2nd TD. After they scored McD was actually coaching up the Defense on the sideline with Frazier just standing there holding the play sheet doing nothing.

Good info I appreciate it. I’m glad he iced out Frazier he was way too passive. 

I still have no problem not squibbing there. With the Bills’ luck the squib would’ve gone out of bounce or something 

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’ve found it’s mostly people who aren’t members of Mensa who run around telling people they are.   

It seems like the type of thing (being a member of Mensa) that someone with an ounce of self-awareness would refrain from bringing up in normal conversation.  I mean, I have a WAIS tested IQ of 146, but I don't run around telling random strangers about it.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheBrownBear said:

It seems like the type of thing (being a member of Mensa) that someone with an ounce of self-awareness would refrain from bringing up in normal conversation.  I mean, I have a WAIS tested IQ of 146, but I don't run around telling random strangers about it.

Until now!

It would be strange telling folks you are a member of an organization that you aren't.

18 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

You just did.

But the point is valid.  I know high-IQ folks who don't openly talk about their scores.  Their attitude is often something like: the only thing a high IQ proves is that you're good at taking IQ tests.  

Something similar goes on with soldiers.  Prince Harry brags in his book that he killed something like 25 enemy soldiers.  As a combat veteran myself, I can tell you that many/most soldiers who notched kills don't brag about it.   

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

You just did.

But the point is valid.  I know high-IQ folks who don't openly talk about their scores.  Their attitude is often something like: the only thing a high IQ proves is that you're good at taking IQ tests.  

Something similar goes on with soldiers.  Prince Harry brags in his book that he killed something like 25 enemy soldiers.  As a combat veteran myself, I can tell you that many/most soldiers who notched kills don't brag about it.   

Haha.  Sorry, I thought it was clear that my post was in jest and clearly intentionally ironic.  I do know my IQ and feel no need to disclose it to others.

I agree with your broader points.  Our office is full of whipsmart STEM Ph.D.'s and they almost universally have a lot of humility about their own intelligence and acknowledge that, however smart they may be, there's always someone else out there that can run circles around them.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.