Bills Sign Leonard Floyd

JGMcD2

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You forgot not addressing WR.   The biggest jumps in production that they got as a team were the two years they got serious about addressing the WR position with Brown, Beasley and then Diggs.    Letting the position decline has really cost them the past two regular seasons and in the playoff loss to Cinci.    

Question, did you or anyone else think Smoke and a Beasely that many had wrote off would turn a QB who was dubbed “wrong Josh” into a perennial contenders? What’s to say this years additions aren’t enough? 

2 hours ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

Question, did you or anyone else think Smoke and a Beasely that many had wrote off would turn a QB who was dubbed “wrong Josh” into a perennial contenders? What’s to say this years additions aren’t enough? 

I like this year's additions. I was elated with the Kincaid pick. I think he has the potential to be a game-changing weapon, but I wouldn't count on that level as a rookie. We've improved the bottom end of the WR room. Maybe someone breaks out. Diggs needs a complementary threat. Hopkins would be that for a year. Still think Beane is playing poker and he will get him at the right price if he can.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, NewEra said:

Sure, there’s concern.  Sometimes you have to take risks.  Sometimes you don’t.  Tough to predict the luck portion of winning a Super Bowl.  I think we’ve mortgaged a solid amount of future cap space to increase our chances to win this year (and last)……In Josh’s prime.  I don’t think we’ve gone even close to all in.  I think we’re doing what many contenders do.  

I think you’re underestimating how many lottery tickets we can buy.  We think we can have 7 GREAT chances doing what we’re doing rather than 9 good chances.  

Do you think we’re all in this year?

Good thoughts here.  I’ll add that (some) people seem to act as though Josh will start to decline in a year or two.  That’s absurd.  He’s only 27.  If he continues to avoid significant injury we’re looking at another 7-8 (at least) years of franchise QB production.  Going “all in” at the risk of having a significantly depleted roster in a year or two is foolish.  It does take a tremendous amount of good fortune to win a Super Bowl, even with a great team.

The roster this year is the deepest across the board it has been in Beane’s tenure as GM.  Some still complain about the WR room but I’m comfortable with the pieces they added this spring on offense.  The OL should be a good bit better, the RB room is better, the TE room is better, and the overall WR corps is deeper than last year.  What we don’t have is a proven threat opposite Diggs.  Davis has shown flashes but also maddening inconsistency.  DHop is the shiny toy everyone wants to add, but we can’t make him come here for the money we can afford to pay.

I think going “all in” is a bit in the eye of the beholder, also.  Beane knows he needs to continue to push to make the roster better and you can’t take a year off.  I don’t view what he has done this spring as an “all in” move.  Not in the slightest.  It’s competent management that addressed specific holes in the roster.  I also don’t believe he has “mortgaged the future” in order to win a championship this year.

• Like (+1) 4

10 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Think he may be silently protesting to get him some "legitimate" help on the opposite side? Diggs wants to win and bring a SB trophy to the city of Buffalo. I'm sure he relives that feeling in KC after every playoff loss. Waiting/hoping for Davis, Kincaid, Shakir to emerge as that guy isn't taking any years off his time in the league. Let's go for it!! 

Hope you are correct

13 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Diggs literally cannot be traded. It’s a 45 million dead cap hit

& I want more players who DESPISE losing. Not less.

This year he cannot be traded. 

Next season though if they move him as a post June 1st trade it would leave $8.8M dead cap while saving $19M off the cap. Not advocating for it...but worth noting. I also believe if we were to try and trade him we would potentially run into the same issue Arizona did trying to trade DHop. Not many teams will want to give up what he's worth in trade for a WR his age and possibly having to give him a fresh new deal.

18 hours ago, NewEra said:

Other than not being at voluntary workouts, what bs?

I want to be wrong, but this is the guy who loved everyone, wanted to be the ultimate leader, show by example stuff, and now could care less?

He turned on Josh.

He turned on coach.

He wants to play with his bro.

he is not who he pretended to be.

Andre Reed once displayed this behavior and was talked back by JK, TT, and BS. But that was about money after his injury.

This feels different!

Not about money.

Now you know why Minny said goodbye.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 4

55 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

I want to be wrong, but this is the guy who loved everyone, wanted to be the ultimate leader, show by example stuff, and now could care less?

He turned on Josh.

He turned on coach.

Andre Reed once displayed this behavior and was talked back by JK, TT, and BS. But that was about money after his injury.

This feels different!

Not about money.

We don’t know what’s really going on, and neither do you. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 6/6/2023 at 5:47 AM, SoCal Deek said:

When I think of Floyd, I think of him as an experienced veteran. Then, when I see his picture it reminds of how young all these ‘kids’ really are. Welcome to Buffalo Leonard! 
Go Bills! 

CONCUR.

Oh and this pic is VERY flattering. Another Bills cutiepie .   Great smile. Just sayin'   😊

leonard.jpeg

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

3 hours ago, eball said:

Good thoughts here.  I’ll add that (some) people seem to act as though Josh will start to decline in a year or two.  That’s absurd.  He’s only 27.  If he continues to avoid significant injury we’re looking at another 7-8 (at least) years of franchise QB production.  Going “all in” at the risk of having a significantly depleted roster in a year or two is foolish.  It does take a tremendous amount of good fortune to win a Super Bowl, even with a great team.

The roster this year is the deepest across the board it has been in Beane’s tenure as GM.  Some still complain about the WR room but I’m comfortable with the pieces they added this spring on offense.  The OL should be a good bit better, the RB room is better, the TE room is better, and the overall WR corps is deeper than last year.  What we don’t have is a proven threat opposite Diggs.  Davis has shown flashes but also maddening inconsistency.  DHop is the shiny toy everyone wants to add, but we can’t make him come here for the money we can afford to pay.

I think going “all in” is a bit in the eye of the beholder, also.  Beane knows he needs to continue to push to make the roster better and you can’t take a year off.  I don’t view what he has done this spring as an “all in” move.  Not in the slightest.  It’s competent management that addressed specific holes in the roster.  I also don’t believe he has “mortgaged the future” in order to win a championship this year.

💯 

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

He turned on Josh.

He turned on coach.

This feels different!

Not about money.

He’s not perfect, that’s for sure.  

I don’t think he “turned” on anyone.  

He is exactly who he’s always been.  

He never pretended to be anyone but himself. 

You may have wanted him to be someone else.  You were wrong. 

Now you’re doing what Diggs was doing ba Cinci.  Throwing a baby tantrum. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

No I did not feel that way and no they did not turn the Bills into perennial contenders.

They turned them from a losing team into a fringe wildcard team and gave their QB a chance as opposed to the trash they had prior.

What is to say that this years additions aren't enough??  That they aren't the quality of player that John Brown or Cole Beasley were should suffice.

Brown was a proven WR2 with big yardage seasons in his recent past.   Beasley was a longtime consistently effective slot receiver.

Deonte Harty is a journeyman type who has averaged 198 yards per season in his career and was injured most of last season.   Tent Sherfield has averaged just 169 yards per season in his career.    These guys are veteran flyers with very little success in their history.........not anything even remotely like Beasley and Brown who were established as 500-600 yard options who had put up an 800 yard and 1,000 yard season in their recent past before joining Buffalo.   No comparison.   If Harty of Sheffield turn into top 3 receiver options that will be a surprise.   A lot is riding on rookie TE to become that top end SB-quality WR2 that Gabe Davis hasn't been.

Does that answer your question?

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 2

Floyd is another (possible) Von Miller-influenced signing, to go along with Shane Ray, David Edwards, Taylor Rapp and Travin Howard from the Rams in free agency this offseason.  Maybe Von can be a GM assistant? 

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

We don’t know what’s really going on, and neither do you. 

For sure I do not, but speculation is the game of the off season. 

We do know he has changed...it happened in Minny. Wide outs and their ego have history of such things

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Niagara Bill said:

For sure I do not, but speculation is the game of the off season. 

We do know he has changed...it happened in Minny. Wide outs and their ego have history of such things

He doesn’t show up for mandatory minicamp then I will start to worry

Until then, this is a complete nothing burger

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 6/5/2023 at 8:00 PM, Big Blitz said:

This just made me question how good a coach Payton actually is.  

as well you should 🙂

Hoping Floyd allows the Defense to show some new looks/fronts.

The wide front seems to be something he would excel in and McD seems to have a history with that.

Expecting a tweaked Defense is nearly confirmed by Floyd and his style of play, plus our very different set of LBs beyond Milano

I also think Taylor Rapp come into play for opening up a play book that caters to each offense, each week.

I like where this is going. You can play Rapp or Taron for different coverages. Both very good players

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

4 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

So do posters and their egos 😎

Does that mean your mind is closed to thought?😏

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

He doesn’t show up for mandatory minicamp then I will start to worry

Until then, this is a complete nothing burger

Agree, but speculation is part of the game...you must admit...he appears to have changed, and the relationship with Josh has changed.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

So the contract is for 7 mil, broken down as:

2023 - 2.6mil

2024 - 1.4mil

2025 - 1.4mil

2026 - 1.4mil

The last 3 years are void years, so my questions here are:

What exactly is a void year?

Does it mean we have to sacrifice a roster spot assuming he doesn't play a second year?

Would that be a 53-man roster spot or can it be a practice squad spot?

38 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Does that mean your mind is closed to thought?😏

Agree, but speculation is part of the game...you must admit...he appears to have changed, and the relationship with Josh has changed.

Don't know what you're suggesting with that first line; and what you're admitting in the 2nd is obvious and nowhere close to what you had previously claimed. 

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

He turned on Josh.

He turned on coach.

Do you have any idea how often WR's get upset in the heat of the moment when they're being game planned away from and lose an important game? Someone posted a whole video of similar instances or worse that have occurred. Just because he acted out in one moment doesn't mean he "turned" on Josh, coach, or the team.

Oh yeah? Then why did he not only sign a long term deal with us last season, but also restructured his contract to make it more difficult to move him this offseason? After he "turned" on the team. He's not going anywhere this season or next season. He can't. He knows it and he knew it when he restructured. Stop being so sensitive. It's his brother. They talk about it more as a hypothetical dream they had growing up and/or to get money out of their teams more than anything else.

Who did he "pretend" to be? I'm sorry he doesn't act exactly as you feel he should act. But that sounds more like a you problem than a him problem.

This feels different!

Not about money.

Geesh dude. He had a minor meltdown due to his competitiveness following an absolutely abysmal team performance in which the gameplan was using him as a decoy and when it clearly wasn't working, Josh and Dorsey refused to switch gears. Honestly, i'm glad he acted the way he did. The way the team performed and the refusal to try and get him the ball when the gameplan wasn't working was more inexcusable to me than how he acted.

He always unplugs in the offseason. And then when it's time to go, he shows up and plays at a high level. He's a Top 5 WR in the league and a member of our team. And you don't want him here because he doesn't act the way you want him to at all times? 🙄

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

17 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

He turned on Josh.

He turned on coach.

This feels different!

Not about money.

I just think he's sick of coming up short every year and the honeymoon period with Josh is over until they win a Super Bowl.  Even if he doesn't and leaves within the next couple of years he'll always be admired for my favorite TD celebration of all time....

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1